Balcony Light on at 2 a.m.?

kparc

Legend – week of August 15th cruise –

Can anyone tell me ‘WHY’ someone would need to turn the balcony light on every time they went on the balcony and sometimes leave it on ALL NIGHT? I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt they didn’t know it was annoying as h-e-l-l and ruined our view of the ocean and moon light on the waves while in our state room or when we were on our balcony just relaxing, BUT EVERY NIGHT AT 2 A.M.! Most nights we had to keep the drape closed to keep the light out. Sometimes they would turn it off, sometime not. Young couple – I don’t think they had a clue or cared for the view. I did find out Mommy paid for the cruise and was in another state room for the cruise and the rest of the family was on board in other rooms. I knew that by the way they sat on the balcony with the LIGHT ON and complained about her wanting the family to do things together and thinking she had the “right to tell them what to do”. “Gee I sure hope I never turn into your mom!”

Anyway that’s not the point – As I looked over the railing one night at 3 in the morning – there’s was the only state room with they balcony light on!

Nope we didn't talk to them about it, they were in a bad mood the whole cruise, arguing with each other - b-itching about mom and the rest of the family and they were quite drunk at 2 or 3 in the morning. We figured we would just make it worse if we asked - they acted and sounded liked spoiled little 20 something brats.

We had a cruise like that once - it was a 10 nighter out of NYC. On one side of us we had the chain-smoking, half-deaf (thus shouting) old ladies that NEVER turned their balcony light off for the entire duration of the cruise. (I only mention the chain-smoking and shouting because they were out there on their balcony from dawn to dusk every single day, and sometimes into the night too. We didn't get to enjoy the balcony much that cruise.)

The light never shut off. We even asked the room steward to turn it off for us, thinking that maybe the little old ladies had forgotten that it was on or that they didn't know where the switch was, but they promptly turned it back on again. And it was SO bright that we had to shut our blinds every night just to block the light to get some sleep.

And first thing in the morning, they were out on their balcony again, chain smoking and shouting.

Oh, and we did leave a note in their "mailbox" requesting that they turn it off at night, so that we could sleep. No luck.

Our upwind neighbor on our Spirit Hawaii cruise (12 nights) kept leaving the balcony light on. We left a note asking if they would turn it off when not using it (so we could see the ocean and stars at night). They were better for a couple days, then it started again. We gave our stateroom attendant $20 to turn their light off when servicing the room in the evening...problem solved.

We had a cruise like that once - it was a 10 nighter out of NYC. On one side of us we had the chain-smoking, half-deaf (thus shouting) old ladies that NEVER turned their balcony light off for the entire duration of the cruise. (I only mention the chain-smoking and shouting because they were out there on their balcony from dawn to dusk every single day, and sometimes into the night too. We didn't get to enjoy the balcony much that cruise.)

The light never shut off. We even asked the room steward to turn it off for us, thinking that maybe the little old ladies had forgotten that it was on or that they didn't know where the switch was, but they promptly turned it back on again. And it was SO bright that we had to shut our blinds every night just to block the light to get some sleep.

And first thing in the morning, they were out on their balcony again, chain smoking and shouting.

Oh, and we did leave a note in their "mailbox" requesting that they turn it off at night, so that we could sleep. No luck.

ROOM TO ROOM phone call until it goes off---------------just sayin':cool:

Sorry people, I didn't realize leaving the light on bugged anyone:eek:. It's scary on the balcony at night:o

I can totally understand having it on while you are out there . . . maybe you are reading, or something. But to leave it on ALL NIGHT LONG is really annoying to the neighboring cabins. If you would like a little bit of light in your cabin, bring a battery-operated candle, or leave the bathroom light on.

I hate it when the light is left on, but who wants to start a war with neighbors while on their cruise?:confused:

Toni

You are right. Better to have a miserable cruise and never be able to open your drapes at night so the bullies have their way. Remember that the poster said they asked them to turn it off and they were ignored.

You can always call the pursur's desk and have them do it if you need a middleman.

Sorry people, I didn't realize leaving the light on bugged anyone:eek:. It's scary on the balcony at night:o

But you are not out there ALL NIGHT LONG like the poster said, are you? Past 2 and 3 am? Turn on the light in your cabin and let it shine on the balcony if it's that late.

ROOM TO ROOM phone call until it goes off---------------just sayin':cool:

We had noisy neighbors on one cruise. We asked them to keep it down and they chose not to. Well after a couple of early morning phone calls, that stopped. I always ask nicely first. I don't consider it starting a war. It's just letting them experience their own rudeness.

Legend – week of August 15th cruise –

Can anyone tell me ‘WHY’ someone would need to turn the balcony light on every time they went on the balcony and sometimes leave it on ALL NIGHT? I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt they didn’t know it was annoying as h-e-l-l and ruined our view of the ocean and moon light on the waves while in our state room or when we were on our balcony just relaxing, BUT EVERY NIGHT AT 2 A.M.! Most nights we had to keep the drape closed to keep the light out. Sometimes they would turn it off, sometime not. Young couple – I don’t think they had a clue or cared for the view. I did find out Mommy paid for the cruise and was in another state room for the cruise and the rest of the family was on board in other rooms. I knew that by the way they sat on the balcony with the LIGHT ON and complained about her wanting the family to do things together and thinking she had the “right to tell them what to do”. “Gee I sure hope I never turn into your mom!”

Anyway that’s not the point – As I looked over the railing one night at 3 in the morning – there’s was the only state room with they balcony light on!

Well, at least you took it with grace and aren't holding a grudge....:rolleyes:

Archived