Canadian Cruisers !!!!!!!!

Calebo

Canadian Cruisers check your flights out of Canada. I booked flights for our February 2011 cruise and decided to recheck them today. One of our flights had been changed and there was no warning from Air Canada. I was able to get a decent flight after a call to the airline, But, beware, it's worth checking.

this happened to us to on our return from Fort Lauderdale. The only reason I knew is that we booked preferred seats and i received a notice we were being refunded. For our flight to Montreal, we have had 8 emails with a one minute change (who cares?). the flight that matters had changed over 2 and 1/2 hours with no email or notice from AC. unbelievable. They are 'looking into it'. Worth keeping your eye on definitely.

We have never had a problem with not being advised of flight changes. I book our own flights directly through the Air Canada or Aeroplan web site and always receive plenty of notification when flights are changed. Our next flight to Fort Lauderdale in October, booked on Aeroplan miles, has now been changed five times and we have been advised every time.

p.s. Most of the changes were of 5 or 10 mintues either way variety.

When we book our AC flight (on the web), we get constant messages about change in schedules...even if the change is 5 minutes. Same happens when we book Aeroplan reward travel. Just booked a flight via on line TA and we intend to check on a regular basis as there are two stops.

My AC flights are were changed too about a a week ago. :mad: I was mad that AC did not bother to send an email re:change of times/flights. The AC flight leaving FLL changed from 12:15pm to 11:35am. When I 1st booked this flight I was happy about it being after 12:00pm Which HAL recommends. Now I am alittle worried. :(

We are flying from Orlando to Montreal prior to our Eurodam cruise in October. Thanks to your post, I went and looked at our flight information with Air Canada. We had paid for preferred seats in the exit row. Well, apparently they have changed the type of aircraft, and although we still had our original seat assignments (number wise) they were no longer exit row seats, they are no longer just 2 together, and they were no longer considered preferred. We received no communication from Air Canada on the change. I called and they moved us back to the exit row(luckily they were still available). If it had not been for reading this post, I never would have thought to check. I know it's not earth shattering, but travel these days is stressful enough without having little surprises like this pop up and possibly have to fight for a refund for the preferred seat surcharge.

My AC flights are were changed too about a a week ago. :mad: I was mad that AC did not bother to send an email re:change of times/flights. The AC flight leaving FLL changed from 12:15pm to 11:35am. When I 1st booked this flight I was happy about it being after 12:00pm Which HAL recommends. Now I am alittle worried. :(

You should be ok out of FLL - just get off the ship first. It's only a short drive to the airport BUT, as to this post and your next one - if AC has cancelled your original flight, take a look at other flights available. If there is a better one availalbe, call them and have them change it. If they cancel your original flight, you are supposed to be able to change at NO CHARGE if there is room. Good Luck :)

I guess by what I read in all the above posted begs the question why do you still fly with Air Canada? Have you ever tried WestJet or is it not an option? If it is try them and see the difference. I am a Canadian and just recently flew AC to NYC and I now know why I fly WestJet and not AC. Just an opinion. Colakid.

I logged on to my bookings and I noticed that there are now two departure flights and two arrival flights listed. Do I assume I am being changed to the second flight which is a half hour later, it actually is a different flight number. Guess I better call AC.

Brewster

Brewster,

That's exactly what I found when I checked, the original flight I chose had a ? beside it, so I decided to call, they were great on the phone, ( had me thinking, this is Air Canada???? ) and gave me a few different options, but stated I had 3 days to confirm.

I guess by what I read in all the above posted begs the question why do you still fly with Air Canada? Have you ever tried WestJet or is it not an option? If it is try them and see the difference. I am a Canadian and just recently flew AC to NYC and I now know why I fly WestJet and not AC. Just an opinion. Colakid.

ColaKid:

Yes there is a reason to fly AC, as there were no other options available, from where we have to fly from, ( Regina SK) with the time limit that might be needed at U.S. customs. I would love to fly WestJet or anything else, but don't have that option.

If we could fly West jet we would, there are only in Saint John, NB seasonally so by the time we fly out for the Med and transatlantic, they are gone. To fly with them out of the nearest spot is 1 and 1/2 hours away and they fly at 6 a.m. so that means getting up at 3 a.m. or paying a hotel. That's why we fly AC. To be honest, I've never had the issue i did before, however, whatever they are doing to their system, it's definitely worth keeping your own eye on things.

I guess by what I read in all the above posted begs the question why do you still fly with Air Canada? Have you ever tried WestJet or is it not an option.

First, while I have had some bad experiences with Air Canada, I also had some good experiences. So I don't totally buy the Canadian pasttime of attacking the institutions just because they are there. On the other hand I simply don't blindly support them for the same reason either.

Secondly, while Westjet is a good airline and a fair competitor in our skies it is not always an option especially when it comes to international trips. Westjet has yet to go to Europe, South America or Asia nor is Westjet aligned in an alliance with an outside service - a big downfall of Westjet's new frequent flyer program.

We do what we gotta do in the meantime.

But back to the issue of the OP, the schedule changes with airlines is universal. While they do their best to inform you we are at that time of year where they are all updating the schedules so the best thing to do is remain vigilant of what is happening.

I booked my Rome flight next week with AC directly and received an e-mail advising of slight time change. I booked an AC flight through RBC rewards for December to FLL. I received an e-mail from RBC rewards advising of a slight time change. AC is usually very good with e-mailing any changes. I also love their reminder 24 hours before the flight for e-mail check in. It's still a good idea to check their website every so often.

Slightly off topic, but which airlines have you used (and like) to fly from your home to Europe? I have flown with Luthansa (sp?) and when flying through the US, I have flown with Continental and American (least preferred IMO)

Within Canada, I do like Westjet!

Just changed my avatar picture: can you guess where it was taken? (pretty easy, huh?)

Archived