E-Cig onboard

It's time for me to start thinking about packing for my next cruise....note to self...remember extra batteries, charger, atomizers and e-liquid. Sure is easier when you don't have to worry about finding a table with an ashtray when you get on the ship :D

My hubby was still smoking a pack of cigs a day (along with vaping the rest of the time) until he ended up in the hospital last month. He had open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve. I'm happy to report that he's now switched over to e-cigs completely and hasn't smoked the "real deal" in over a month.

To those who have switched from smoking to vaping....way to go! :)

popsec, I'm glad to read the your hubby is o.k. and I will keep him and you in my prayers.

I quit smoking in 1995 but I think this e-cig is a good thing. Now if I could just get my sister to try it :eek:

My sister and her husband were each 3 pack a day smokers....after I started using an e-cig and quit smoking they both got them and neither has smoked for almost 2 years. I never thought I'd see that happen!

I thought about the 510 but in the end i went with the KR808D-1. The reason I chose it was the ease of use and it's affordability. It's a two piece unit consisting of a battery and cartomizer. I have about a dozen or so different flavors that I refill my cartomizers with. So far my favorite flavor is Fire & Ice it's a cinnamon and artic menthol combo :D . For less than $50 you can get your feet wet with this unit. I'd post links but i'm not sure about the rules regarding that.

JB

You can post link. 'd like to see it.

I posted on John Heald's facebook page today about being able to use the e-cigs on the Serenity deck....this was his reply....

John Heald wrote: "Yes absolutely, e cigs will be fine everywhere outside and for now everywhere inside except the dining rooms. Cheers and have a great time."

This is great news!!:D

Okay so I have found this thread tonight and have never heard of vaping before. I am seriously interested. I am lighter smoker during the week a pack every couple of days but when the weekend comes I am a pack a day smoker. I have some serious research to do. I hope to be vaping in the future and getting rid of the old smokes.. Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions and suggestions..

Yup, all 16 pages of it so far. Here's my reaction: I bought a Kr808D-1. I guess my family will finally be happy with me after 26 years of smoking. What can I say, Cruise Critic caused me to take a cruise ( 9 ships ago), and now this....

I would like to remind people that if you use the e-cig cartridges that contain nicotine that you are still consuming an addictive drug that is a vasoconstrictor. This isn't to say that what you've done by switching isn't fabulous, however, because it is!

Is the e-cig better than smoking? Absolutely. The additives and tar, etc, aren't in there, which is awesome. Just keep in mind that the nicotine itself increases your heart rate and constricts your blood vessels, stressing your heart and decreasing blood/oxygen circulation to your organs (including your brain and your heart!). Also, please watch your consumption: I have a friend who probably consumes more nicotine now than she did before, because she doesn't have to go outside or find a smoking area. She is *always* pulling on that e-cig.

Now I'm done with my PSA, congratulations to all you quitters and e-cig switchers, and I hope your journeys to better health continue!

Also, for the original post, most places allow e-cig. My friend uses hers almost everywhere. Sorry if I seem naggy: I quit smoking after a pack a day full flavor (for 10 years) and I know how difficult it is. I only nag because I care!

Congratulations to all our newbies here on the thread and to ecigs. I received my first ecig 2 months ago and haven't looked back. I am analog free! YAY!

Okay so I have found this thread tonight and have never heard of vaping before. I am seriously interested. I am lighter smoker during the week a pack every couple of days but when the weekend comes I am a pack a day smoker. I have some serious research to do. I hope to be vaping in the future and getting rid of the old smokes.. Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions and suggestions..

Yup, all 16 pages of it so far. Here's my reaction: I bought a Kr808D-1. I guess my family will finally be happy with me after 26 years of smoking. What can I say, Cruise Critic caused me to take a cruise ( 9 ships ago), and now this....

I read a ton of reviews and bought the V2 ecig last week it is great so far!!

Thank you for posting and you are right. If you order carts or juices with nicotine you are still using an addictive substance but I have gone from using 18mg carts & juices to 6mg juices and I am probably going to go to zero on my next order. I like the act of smoking/vaping and I am finding that the nicotine isn't the important part for me.

I would like to remind people that if you use the e-cig cartridges that contain nicotine that you are still consuming an addictive drug that is a vasoconstrictor. This isn't to say that what you've done by switching isn't fabulous, however, because it is!

Is the e-cig better than smoking? Absolutely. The additives and tar, etc, aren't in there, which is awesome. Just keep in mind that the nicotine itself increases your heart rate and constricts your blood vessels, stressing your heart and decreasing blood/oxygen circulation to your organs (including your brain and your heart!). Also, please watch your consumption: I have a friend who probably consumes more nicotine now than she did before, because she doesn't have to go outside or find a smoking area. She is *always* pulling on that e-cig.

Now I'm done with my PSA, congratulations to all you quitters and e-cig switchers, and I hope your journeys to better health continue!

Also, for the original post, most places allow e-cig. My friend uses hers almost everywhere. Sorry if I seem naggy: I quit smoking after a pack a day full flavor (for 10 years) and I know how difficult it is. I only nag because I care!

Seven months analog free thanks to CC. and all of you vapers. The wife and I have gone to local vapers meets. We also went to the Philly Vapefest and had a great time. We met some friendly,informative and interesting people. Some of the mod's were unbeliveable. It's turned into a hobby. I have a toolbox full of vaping gear. I'm using an E-Go now. The wife wants a mod.

• 1 month later...

I need to thank all of you for something wonderful..

Because of this thread, my husband has now gone 4.5 weeks without smoking.

He was having a heart scan at the same time I was looking at this thread and I ordered a kit. It arrived on April 7th and he switched on April 7th and never looked back.

The heart scan results were not good, but at least he has hope now for improvement.

Thank you so much!

I need to thank all of you for something wonderful..

Because of this thread, my husband has now gone 4.5 weeks without smoking.

He was having a heart scan at the same time I was looking at this thread and I ordered a kit. It arrived on April 7th and he switched on April 7th and never looked back.

The heart scan results were not good, but at least he has hope now for improvement.

Thank you so much!

That's great news!

My husband had been a smoker for 50 years and has been using just the e-cig since he went into the hospital mid-Feb for open heart surgery. I never thought I'd see the day when he became a non-smoker!

Very low nicotine, 4mg. Banana flavoring with a few drops of menthol. It's all I vape now. I've been testing out an Ego-T (tank) for about a month, and I like it a lot, though some say it weakens flavors. I just got tired of using that filler in the filter and the tanks works great for me.

I was a 2 pack a day smoker, and about a 2 pot a day coffee drinker. I had to stop both when I started getting ventricular arrhythmias that would make me dizzy and I would pass out.

I've tried vaping 0 nicotine and it just didn't do it. Gave up caffeine and it was rough for one week, then fine. 4mg nicotine juice does NOT cause the ventricular problems.

I've been using an e-cig off and on AND smoking cigarettes for two years, but on March 1 I gave the cigarettes aways and have not smoked one since. I rapidly cut down the nicotine, and maybe in the future will get down to 0 nicotine.

I smoked cigarettes since I was 16, and I'll be 56 in July. I've already noticed huge benefits, including starting to get my singing voice back.

I don't advise mixing your own juice until you've put some time in researching and have really gotten used to using an e-cig. I do advise ordering samples or tiny bottles initially, cause you won't like every flavor you vape, and some you will find disgusting.

I now spend anywhere from 15-30 dollars a month, depending on whether or not I need new batteries and/or atomizers. So I WAS spending $300 a month for cigarettes. The savings are huge if you get out of buying new stuff all of the time. Initially, you will, as you try to find what works best for you. For some it becomes a real hobby, and some folks have to try EVERYTHING that comes out.

Read a lot, and especially read reviews of new products and don't try to be the first on the block (unless you are a hobbyist type) to try out the latest thing.

Remember that the best kits are not available at the corner store so you must make sure your supplies are enough to carry you between orders. I keep two spare batteries, and two atomizers tucked away, I test them to make sure they work because of warranty periods and sometimes, you do get duds. I order two new spares when I start using the ones I stashed.

Also, there are ways to vape without a soul knowing what you are doing. If you hold the vapor in your mouth for a bit, it will completely dissipate before you exhale. Some people, I've read, exhale it into their sleeve.

My DH just bought one to to try and enjoys it. And best part he can use it ANYWHERE as it poses no harm to anyone. It's not smoke..just a very light vapor which truthfully I couldn't really see. I like how the end of it lights up blue! There should be no reason why anyone should not be permitted to use them anywhere as there's no smell, no smoke and no harm whatsoever to anyone as it only has a vapor that is similar to when steam comes out of a kettle.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My DH (smoker for 30 + yrs) has finally decided to switch to the e-cig so I did some research. We decided to get him the Go Go, and he got it today. We got the fillable carts, and had no problem filling one. Our question is is there supposed to be a mouthpiece that fits on the "fillable" end of the cart? Can't image using it as-is, but we're not sure. There's no mouthpiece included in the kit, but maybe it's something we should've ordered separately? I'd appreciate any info from a Go Go user!

My DH just bought one to to try and enjoys it. And best part he can use it ANYWHERE as it poses no harm to anyone. It's not smoke..just a very light vapor which truthfully I couldn't really see. I like how the end of it lights up blue! There should be no reason why anyone should not be permitted to use them anywhere as there's no smell, no smoke and no harm whatsoever to anyone as it only has a vapor that is similar to when steam comes out of a kettle.

Hi: I recently started using E-cigs to try to cut out regular cigs. It's called greensmoke and can be ordered on line. 2 pieces..battery and filter. different flavors, i.e. mocha, vanilla, chocolate and regular. A bit costly to start up, but I love it. Can't wait to take it in our Oct. cruise on Princess. Hope I don't hear comments, but we'll see.

the site is "greensmoke dot com". You get plenty of info. If I can help, post back here.

safe sails.

PS I forgot to add they come in different mg's...from -0- (no nicotine, up to about 18 mgs....you order the one closest to the cigarette you smoke. I smoke lights 120's and got the light (12 mg.) I think I'm going down to ultra light...each pack has 5 'tips'. each tip = 1 pack of cigs. Costs about $3.00 p/pack..When I finish my four little packs, I'm go to lower mg...

this is FYI.

Hubby was just telling me that one of the cigarette companies (phillip morris I think) just bought the E-Cig technology patent.

I wonder if they will develop it for US revenue and try to bury it????

I started with the blu cig. About the size of a regular cigarette, but in no time I was filling the "wadded" top with my own juice from Johnson Creek (great stuff). But battery life is horrendous and one is always filling the small cartridge.

I then moved to the Totally Wicked maxi-mini which is somewhat larger, but the same problem - battery life and always having to fill the little used cartridges.

Now, I've got a Totally Wicked Tornado T (tank type). Incredible. Battery lasts all day (only takes two hours to charge) and a little tank allows for "dripping" onto the atomizer, so you only fill a little tank about once every 3-4 hours. The kit will set you back $90 (comes with 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, and battery charger) is the ONLY WAY TO GO. But, the most important part, you'll be vaping CARCINOGEN FREE (2000-3000 in reg cigs). They come in all kinds of strengths (some vapors have managed to reduce the nicotine strength to NOTHING, but still vap because of the flavors)

I'm now "vaping" Strawberry, Vanilla, Black Cherry and Chocolate (great aromas all of them.

American cig manufacturers can't touch them as most are made in China. Although my Tornado T is made in England. Absolutely the best for vapor and quality.

I am so glad to see this thread. I was going to post a question about this. The E Cig got me off the analogs after about 38 years of smoking. This June 4th will be my one year anniversary!!! I never thought anything could get me off them. But this worked!!! This is the best forum for the e cig. Any info you need you can find here. A bunch of good folks. e-cigarette-forum dot com. make sure you use the hyphens.

Archived