New Dining Room Breakfast Menu

Krazy Kruizers

[quote name='beckylynn1961']can someone tell me if the daily menus are in your suite. we will be onboard eurodam 11/13/10-YEAH!- and plan on having most breakfasts' and dinners on our awesome balcony. thanks![/quote]

[B]The same breakfast menu is served in Main Dining Room and Pinnacle. [/B]

[B]We have always had dinner menus delivered to our Suite every morning. They never brought a copy of the dining room breakfast menu but I asked for one and was given it. It is the same everyday and as you're read is very extensive.[/B]

[quote name='beckylynn1961']can someone tell me if the daily menus are in your suite. we will be onboard eurodam 11/13/10-YEAH!- and plan on having most breakfasts' and dinners on our awesome balcony. thanks![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]The dinner menus are delivered to all PS, SA, SB and SC cabins every morning.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I asked for a copy of the breakfast menu when we were in the Pinnacle.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='babyorca']Surprisingly, IKEA sells pickled herring in their stores. I tried some when I was at a friend's in Sweden and then found out they had the same brand at IKEA at home (Canada).[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]DH has always been able to get Kippered Herring on the other ships.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']It was in the dining room. I hope that this was an anomoly because I love the lox and I was really disappointed. They've been excellent on every other cruise I've been on.

KK, I just missed you on my cruise. Sounds like you really got re-routed on that one. I was very happy to make all my ports on the Oct.17-31 cruise. I really loved the ports and will do that cruise again. Tampa is an excellent facility IMO.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Yes -- on our Oct 10th cruise instead of going west -- we went east.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We have been to all the ports on both the old and new itineraries so it was not a problem for us. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Tampa's new terminal is very nice.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='jaderbee']Can we order from the same menu for Room Service? Or is it for the MDR only? Thanks! :)[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]This is the menu for breakfast room service -- it's on a card left in your cabin each evening:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Cabin [COLOR=#de203e]Breakfast[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][COLOR=#de203e][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Menu[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/B][/COLOR][U]Preferred Time Frame
[/U]6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM
6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM
[U]Juices
[/U]Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato
[U]Fresh Fruit
[/U]Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes
[U]Low Fat Yogurt
[/U]Plain; Fruit
[U]Breads
[/U]English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel
[U]Preserves
[/U]Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese
[U]Cereals
[/U]Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat
With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk
[U]Eggs & Meats
[/U]Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy
Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese
Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese
Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon
[U]Beverages
[/U]Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]If you can wait until the main dining [COLOR=#de203e]room[/COLOR] opens -- usually 7:30 on port days and 8 on sea days, you can write in anything you want like Eggs Benedict. Waffles, Chocolate croisonts, etc.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='DutchByAssociation']If it's even the slightest bit convenient, it's non-alcoholic so you could always bring some onboard...[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I was not the one interested in the clamato juice -- someone else was.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I don't lug anything like juice or wines or anything onto a ship.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Zyzygy']A breakfast passenger last week on the Eurodam ordered a large bowl of creamy grits (which he got) and ordered them with brown sugar and raisins (which he heaped on from a serving bowl).

As a resident of the southeastern U.S., I welcome the cultural diversity that one encounters on a cruise ship. But I must admit that even diversity should have some limits--grits with sugar and raisins?

Even the Indonesian server seemed quietly startled at the idea.[/quote]

I share your concern over the abuse of grits -- but, after all, we are living in a world where people talk about things like Clamato and Vegemite for breakfast --- and where they seem not to know about steel cut oats: a scary environment for our grandchildren to inherit.

I googled grits, not having eaten this dish, and I think it would be very nice with vegemite. Nice little dollops, swirling through!!
If HA supplied the vegemite, we wouldn't have to deal with strangers from home looking longingly at our supply and then working up the courage to ask to share it. My friend had to share with the same person for three straight days and she was worried she would run out!:p

:)[quote name='Himself']There are a lot of temptations in that menu to throw a diabetic's sugar a way off. But it is not as bad as the desert Extravaganza[/quote]

I guess when my DH and i next go in July I'll not only have to watch him at the dessert extravaganza but when we have breakfast as well. since he is a diabetic. Of course i'll be a good girl ;)
Helen.

[quote name='Karennella']I googled grits, not having eaten this dish, and I think it would be very nice with vegemite. Nice little dollops, swirling through!!
If HA supplied the vegemite, we wouldn't have to deal with strangers from home looking longingly at our supply and then working up the courage to ask to share it. My friend had to share with the same person for three straight days and she was worried she would run out!:p[/quote]

And I just googled 'vegemite.' Think I'll stick to butter and salt on my grits. But to each her own.

thanks for the breakfast menu.
I like to find out where can I get the menus for lunch and dinner on the Zuiderdam MDR Dec sailing.
I want t make sure I don't miss something I can't live without and end up eating at the wrong place at the wrong time :confused:.

[quote name='salsanut']I like to find out where can I get the menus for lunch and dinner on the Zuiderdam MDR Dec sailing.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Both will be posted outside the dining room. The dinner menu will also be available in the lounges---just ask the bartender for it, if you don't see it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='salsanut']thanks for the breakfast menu.
I like to find out where can I get the menus for lunch and dinner on the Zuiderdam MDR Dec sailing.
I want t make sure I don't miss something I can't live without and end up eating at the wrong place at the wrong time :confused:.[/quote]

[B]The lunch and dinner menus change daily. They do not repeat though a favorite item such as prime rib might be offerened more than once during the cruise particularly if ten or more days.[/B]

[quote name='salsanut']thanks for the breakfast menu.
I want t make sure I don't miss something I can't live without and end up eating at the wrong place at the wrong time :confused:.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Last year someone wanted the menu for the 10 day Zuiderdam cruises (it has changed this year -- like they always do) -- so they called Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and asked for the menus -- it was e-mailed to them (and passed on to us). [/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Full English brekkie sounds good to me. That is a very comprehensive brekkie menu, bigger and better than Princess even ! I suppose HP sauce is available?

We never order cabin service brekkie, we go to buffet or dining room, but Princess will only bring you continental (cold) breakfast. HAL brings you what you like.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Indigo"]On the recent transpacific crossing on the Volendam, several mornings we had small packets (similar to the jam packets) of Vegemite on the table with the jam in the MDR, so it can be done. We didn't eat in the Lido, so don't know if it was available there, but did notice they had some different kind of tea, some kind of tips, available there in the beverage station.

I'm sure it was available because we had a fair number of Aussies on board. However, when we did the full circle of Australia in March/April, I don't recall seeing it.

That said, since it was there and I've heard the wondrous tales of Vegemite, I opened a packet and had a taste. And all I can say is you Aussies are a hardy lot to be able to eat that!!!!!

As for the cottage cheese and fruit, I had it a number of times and found that it came in many variations - cheese on top of fruit, side by side, separate bowls, varying amounts of both...........and not once was there even a hint of the cinnamon mentioned on the menu.

It is an interesting menu. I often enjoyed the Italian fritatta or a make your own omelet with egg whites. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]This is the menu for breakfast room service -- it's on a card left in your cabin each evening:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Cabin [COLOR=#de203e]Breakfast[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][COLOR=#de203e][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Menu[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[U]Preferred Time Frame[/U]
6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM
6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM
[U]Juices[/U]
Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato
[U]Fresh Fruit[/U]
Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes
[U]Low Fat Yogurt[/U]
Plain; Fruit
[U]Breads[/U]
English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel
[U]Preserves[/U]
Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese
[U]Cereals[/U]
Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat
With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk
[U]Eggs & Meats[/U]
Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy
Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese
Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese
Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon
[U]Beverages[/U]
Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]If you can wait until the main dining [COLOR=#de203e]room[/COLOR] opens -- usually 7:30 on port days and 8 on sea days, you can write in anything you want like Eggs Benedict. Waffles, Chocolate croisonts, etc.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

[COLOR=navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We were restricted to this room service menu on our recent Westerdam Cruise even during the hours the dining room was open. Scrambled eggs were substituted for Eggs Florentine. A friend in another suite wasn't able to get Oatmeal for her breakfast. While this menu is more extensive than on some other lines, and we certainly weren't going to starve on scrambled eggs, it was disappointing. The Neptune Lounge staff tried to act as though it had always been the policy to only receive the breakfast room service items. So I called the dining room to ask if the policy had also changed so now we would be restricted to the room service menu if we chose to eat diner on our verandah. They said we could still order from the MDR menu for room service, during dining room hours, in the evening. Then the dining room manager returned my call and made an exception and sent me Eggs Florentine for breakfast. That was very kind of him, and I loved the "upgraded" eggs, but I was sorry that I needed to be a bit of a squeaky wheel to get them. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hopefully this was all just a trial run on our cruise. Maybe someone who just got off this week's cruise will let us know if the Westerdam is back to allowing room service to bring items from the MDR menu. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]

Archived