Drop your carry on in Room?

Izzblizz

Can you drop your carry on in the room before going to eat etc?

I am guessing we will probably board about 12:30 PM on the Fantasy, and have heard you can't get in your rooms until about 1:30 PM, but then have also heard people say they go immediately to their rooms (before 1:30 PM) and just drop their luggage and then go to the buffet etc?

If you can't drop your luggage, I take it you have to bring it with you to eat?

(For carry-on we are planning one airline regulation carry-on suitcase plus a small back pack)

There are signs up saying cabins ready at 1:30 pm .. and the doors at both ends are locked to keep you out. But the luggage guys have to keep one set of doors open to take luggage to the cabins so they cant keep all the doors locked.

There are always some people who think they are so special they will go by the cabin and drop off their stuff by sneaking in the unlocked doors. We know it can be done. Its disturbs the cabin stewards who are trying to change over a lot of cabins. The doors will be standing open as they clean and you putting your stuff in the cabins, of course you are going to lock the doors .. I would take the stuff with me.. but thats me.

There are signs up saying cabins ready at 1:30 pm .. and the doors at both ends are locked to keep you out. But the luggage guys have to keep one set of doors open to take luggage to the cabins so they cant keep all the doors locked.

There are always some people who think they are so special they will go by the cabin and drop off their stuff by sneaking in the unlocked doors. We know it can be done. Its disturbs the cabin stewards who are trying to change over a lot of cabins. The doors will be standing open as they clean and you putting your stuff in the cabins, of course you are going to lock the doors .. I would take the stuff with me.. but thats me.

I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, I am NOT that important, so I take my carry on bag with me to the buffet as do many others.

If I brought so much to carry on, then it's my own fault. Why disturb the cabin crew as they clean? It is totally unfair to them.

Agreed! The last thing we want to do is tick off our room steward :eek:

###

Can you drop your carry on in the room before going to eat etc?

I am guessing we will probably board about 12:30 PM on the Fantasy, and have heard you can't get in your rooms until about 1:30 PM, but then have also heard people say they go immediately to their rooms (before 1:30 PM) and just drop their luggage and then go to the buffet etc?

If you can't drop your luggage, I take it you have to bring it with you to eat?

(For carry-on we are planning one airline regulation carry-on suitcase plus a small back pack)

Just bring it with you, I think it would be more hassle to figure out how to sneak to your room than to just grab some lunch and a DOD.

Have a great cruise!

Seems like the majority say take it with you around board. Maybe I will give the porter the airline carry on suitcase too. Nothing in there that can't live with until after dinner (except maybe swimsuits, which could be switched into the backpack, extra room in there).

One of the perks of platinum is being able to access your room upon boarding. Our cabin steward told us this on our last cruise from San Juan in Jan. Our companions sailing in adjacent rooms could not leave items in their rooms but becuase we were platinum, we all left the items in our rooms and left the ship until much later. We plan on accessing our room early next month and sitting on the balcony to relax while others are waiting for their rooms to become available. I figure might as well make as much use of those perks as possible.

One of the perks of platinum is being able to access your room upon boarding. Our cabin steward told us this on our last cruise from San Juan in Jan. Our companions sailing in adjacent rooms could not leave items in their rooms but becuase we were platinum, we all left the items in our rooms and left the ship until much later. We plan on accessing our room early next month and sitting on the balcony to relax while others are waiting for their rooms to become available. I figure might as well make as much use of those perks as possible.

well, definitely not platinum here! First cruise ;)

I had no idea that early access to cabins was a Platinum perk. Is this really true? I'd be surprised.

No it is not - but some (only some) of them assume they can do anything their little hearts desire. Please note folks, not all Platinums are like that, I know many who would never flaunt it and you would not know it until you saw their card.

Which brings up another question? Say I do decide to forgo the airplane carry on and have that brought to our room later.

Can we put TWO bottles of wine/champagne in one back pack or does each person have to carry the wine. (I guess if that is a problem, one person could have the backpack with one bottle, and the other person could just hold the bottle in their hand, looking like a lush or something, lol!)

That 1:30 time, is that the time on your cruise docs that is the official boarding time? If we board after our official boarding time can we go directly to our room? (I know, I'm willing to miss out on the free lunch...)

Yes, if you board after 1:30 pm all the doors to the cabins will be unlocked. Just go right to your cabin. Lunch doesnt close until 2:30 I think. There is always pizza and such.

If you are boarding together, there will be no problem with both bottles being in the same carry on.

Thanks, I think I will pack so that we have only the small backpack for a carry on aboard the ship, and give the airline carry-on and airline checked bag to be delivered to the room.

Yes, if you board after 1:30 pm all the doors to the cabins will be unlocked. Just go right to your cabin. Lunch doesnt close until 2:30 I think. There is always pizza and such.

Thanks, this is much more convenient. And I'm sure I won't starve, brunch with my parents before I board, and early dinner seating with the onboard group...

Thanks, I think I will pack so that we have only the small backpack for a carry on aboard the ship, and give the airline carry-on and airline checked bag to be delivered to the room.

That's what I do. Just make sure your electronics, meds, jewelry and any other valuable are still with you. The little carry on can go with the porter.

I don't really understand the prob with dropping a bag and leaving it under the bed?? We just walked to our cabin through unlocked doors and left our bags there. We didn't bother the room steward and he didn't bother us.

IF we weren't able to do it we would have kept the bags with us at lunch but it certainly was easier not having them!

It depends on a few things for me.

Like, where my cabin is located and if it's close to the doors and no one is busy working in that area. I usually book close to a door; or try to anyway.

If my room is not ready, I don't.

If it is further down the hall and I have to disrupt the stewards work then I don't.

If I get onboard late,then I don't. I head to the lido get a DOD and a plate and wait.

Archived