So Now Is John Heald Gonna Take the Splendor on February 16th.....

MrPete

.....for its new TENTATIVE return to service date?

I'm just happy we aren't booked for the "new" date, or anything close to it! :eek:

Though I would imagine that this time they have built in a bit of wiggle room. The last date was a bit optimistic it would now appear.

Tom

I'm just happy we aren't booked for the "new" date, or anything close to it! :eek:

Though I would imagine that this time they have built in a bit of wiggle room. The last date was a bit optimistic it would now appear.

Tom

I'm SO glad you ADDED aren't! :D

The first cruise on the Splendor goes out on Jan 16th and he is taking the first cruise out and then another CD will take over from there... oooppppssss just edited to say sorry i didnt read all the posts b4 i posted this.. I am sorry for those who's cruise got canceled yet again....

Like i said in the previous post MrPete I am sorry.... u dont have to be so snotty...

My read on his comment was one of sarcasm - though it can be misleading on message boards, especially if you are not "familiar" with whom you are conversing.

Tom

AHHH - and there right below Lemurcat in the 11/18 blog is a question I posed to him from early October.. I forgot all about it!! :D

As far as Lemurcat... WOW is all I can say!! :eek:

Tom

AHHH - and there right below Lemurcat in the 11/18 blog is a question I posed to him from early October.. I forgot all about it!! :D

As far as Lemurcat... WOW is all I can say!! :eek:

Tom

Something strange is afoot at the Circle-K... This is not the thread I was replying to!!!

Tom

Catch up with the latest news please.....

I think you need to keep up with the latest news the Splendor is not to go back into service until Feb. 20th :-)

MIAMI (December 15, 2010) – Carnival Cruise Lines has cancelled additional departures of the Carnival Splendor including the January 16, 23, 30 and February 6 and 13, 2011, voyages to allow for additional repair time following an engine room fire aboard the vessel in November. The ship is now scheduled to re-enter service February 20, 2011.

• 1 month later...
.....for its new TENTATIVE return to service date?

And the answer is YES for the sea trials....

FEBRUARY 12: JOIN CARNIVAL SPLENDOR AT PIER 35

FEBRUARY 14: CARNIVAL SPLENDOR SEA TRILAS AND VOYAGE TO LONGBEACH

FEBRUARY 19: CARNIVAL SPLENDOR ARRIVES AT LONG BEACH CRUISE TERMINAL

Apparently John is flying to the Splendor from Miami on Feb 12th to be there and welcome back the staff and crew as they arrive...do the Sea Trials..and then host the Travel Agents on the 19th etc..... and then flies back to Miami on Feb 20th.

That way he is back in plenty of time to do his Blogger's Cruise Feb 27th....

• 2 weeks later...
I think you need to keep up with the latest news the Splendor is not to go back into service until Feb. 20th :-)

As per today's FB:

John Heald We will now be sailing early morning on the 16th and then arriving in LB on the evening of the 18th. Tomorrow in the blog I will have some extraordinary photos to show you of how a huge engine and parts arrives at the ship.

My read on his comment was one of sarcasm - though it can be misleading on message boards, especially if you are not "familiar" with whom you are conversing.

Tom

It's helpful to readers when members are posting to use the emoticons available to denote your tone or intent. In the absence of emoticons it's up to the reader to determine. I took it as an off putting remark as well.

Archived