Boarding Summit in San Juan

Sailing Grandma

They usually allow new passengers to board as soon as the debarkation is complete and the ship is "readied" for the next cruise. There can be delays but I have always gone to the pier early and been allowed on the ship early. I believe last time I was on the Summit I was onboard at 11:30 but there's never a guarantee.

If you get on early your cabin my not be ready. We got on about 1:30 last year our cabin was ready but some poeple had to carry there bags with then until the cabin were done. I believe they are done after 2:00.

She sails late but you can still board in the noon hour. Everytime I have

cruised out of San Juan I have been to the pier about 11am and board

the ship within the hour:D

I am going in 4 weeks and will be doing the same thing again:D

Hi,

I cruised on the Summit from Nov. 27 to Dec. 4, 2010. I left my hotel in San Juan at noon and arrived at the ship at 12:15. There was no line at this time. I boarded the ship immediately. The staterooms were not ready when I boarded, but they were ready soon after I finished lunch.

I really enjoyed this cruise.

Chuck

Hey Lois, Will you be on the Summit? If so, would you look up a butler by the name of Bart who is the butler for the RSs (even numbers). He's about 6 foot 4. Take a picture of him for us please. I really miss him.

Thank you.

We were on board the Summit last March by 11:30. Great cruise, great ship, although port intensive.!

This is the kind of post I like to read. :D

Now I'm really anxious for my cruise.

Hi,

I cruised on the Summit from Nov. 27 to Dec. 4, 2010. I left my hotel in San Juan at noon and arrived at the ship at 12:15. There was no line at this time. I boarded the ship immediately. The staterooms were not ready when I boarded, but they were ready soon after I finished lunch.

Read on another thread the cabins aren't ready till after 1

Do the major hotels (Hyatt,Westin,Sheraton,etc) in San Juan provide transportation to the Summit pier?
Some do - some don't.

The best way to check is to either call or email to find out.

The hotel I am staying out - doesn't :(

Hey Lois, Will you be on the Summit? If so, would you look up a butler by the name of Bart who is the butler for the RSs (even numbers). He's about 6 foot 4. Take a picture of him for us please. I really miss him.

Thank you.

Hi Judy, yes I am going on Summit:) but I doubt I will get up to the

suite areas...I am in a window on Plaza Deck. Don't want to promise

you something and then not be able to keep it.

Do the major hotels (Hyatt,Westin,Sheraton,etc) in San Juan provide transportation to the Summit pier?

Hi Jim:) I have sailed from San Juan quite a few times over the past

few years. I have taken a cab to the ship from wherever I was

staying. I don't recall too many hotels offering shuttles but a cab

doesn't usally cost all that much.

Thank you.

Judy,

I thought I recognized the question from a previous post. Here is a link with a picture and the poster's email so that they can send you a better resolution picture. Look for post #19

Hope that helps!

Margaret

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1317897&highlight=bart

Generally not, and if they do have a shuttle it is usually not free. I would inquire of the specific hotel you have in mind, but likely you will be taking a cab.

Archived