anyone hate the navigator?

Ok here we go! heard a lot of great things about the navigator. Getting ready to pull the trigger on booking. give me the bad stuff. There has to be some out there right? Thanks

First off welcome I find this an unusal way to start a post by asking if the glass is half empty.. The NOS is one our favorite ships been on it 3 times and have always had a great time and we really enjoy what the ship offers. If I could pick a thing I do not like about the NOS I find the british pub and the schooner bar to be smoky this is coming from an ex smoker and have to say our last cruise in December the smioke bothered my eyes.

Other then that I can not think of a single thing it is an awesome ship.

First off welcome I find this an unusal way to start a post by asking if the glass is half empty.. The NOS is one our favorite ships been on it 3 times and have always had a great time and we really enjoy what the ship offers. If I could pick a thing I do not like about the NOS I find the british pub and the schooner bar to be smoky this is coming from an ex smoker and have to say our last cruise in December the smioke bothered my eyes.

I hate to hear that , those where our 2 favorite places on the AOS. We love this class of ship. The royal promenade is a great place to spend the evenings.

a quick explanation for the question. We went on a cruise a few years ago. I did some research before and it was on NCL. We had a good time but the "cruise" experience wasn't so good. The boat was old and small and the food was terrible. Being a little more cautious this time. We want to give it another go. Have heard good things but am trying to weigh any negatives. Thanks for all the help. I think we are going to book it tonight!!

Don't know why they do not ban smoking in there if they want to call it a traditional British Pub because smoking is banned in all pubs in England;).

But do agree it is a great ship:)

Ok. Here is the ugly naked truth about the awful experience I had on Navigator. I went to shoot some hoops on the basketball court, I just wanted to shoot around, not join a game. There was a half court game going on and the backboard and rim were missing from the other end. (I've since seen pictures showing the backboard has been replaced. )

I went to use the steam room in the men's locker on day 2 and it was out of order. On Day 3 it was operational again.

Royal did not offer me a free cruise as compensation for my experience, but I sailed Majesty again and have booked Allure. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Oh, my snorkeling excursion in Belize was canceled because the operator's boat broke down, but I didn't blame that one on RCI who promptly credited my account.

This was a 5 day Western Caribbean, had a great time. :D

Sailed on the NOS 4/09 Ta was on her for 14 days great ship. If you are going to look for things to pick even on a new ship you will find something. Go & enjoy your cruise. Cabin, food, service, & ports are important for me. We had the best wait sfaff on this ship & that includes the ass't Maitre D'. I never remember the names of the wait staff after I leave a ship especially after 26 cruises but still can remember their names that in itself is saying something.

Just did a B2B on the Nav last month I agree with Puffinator about the railings. Our balcony railing was dryed out liked it hadnt been varnished in a couple years

Other than that a great ship, good food and attentive staff

Ok here we go! heard a lot of great things about the navigator. Getting ready to pull the trigger on booking. give me the bad stuff. There has to be some out there right? Thanks

I love the Navigator and why would you ask if some one HATES it. I think you may get flamed by some people on this board. The only thing I HATE is having to get off.

The Navigator was the first RCI ship we cruised on. We just did a Med. Cruise and TA and her and she is still a great ship. The Navigator caused us to get addicted to cruising.

Jan

as you can see by my signature we have been on the Navigator a few times. Each time now it is like going home. We know the ship so well. Love it. But remember, a cruise (or any vacation) is what you make of it.

We are looking to go back again in April, haven't booked it yet.

Irene

So sorry to use the word hate. How about dislike? not the best? issues? problems? things that need to be looked at? things people are unhappy with? I can get positives from anywhere. When planning a vacation I like to get both sides of the story as much as possible so as not to be disapointed like our last cruise. It IS what you make of it and we make the most of everythng we do! Sorry to run the risk of "getting flamed" but really? Just trying to do my homework!! I'm glad you all love the ship and I am more positive about booking now which is exactly why I posted what I did. I thought thats what these boards were for! information! both good and bad.

I have been on NOS once(first RCCL ship) and once on NCL Jewel. Perhaps I was spoiled by being on NOS but the Jewel was a disappointing cruise. We love the NOS and had an amazing time and are looking forward to AOS this March, because of it(they are same class) There was soooo much more to do on NOS and not so much on Jewel. Food and service also went to RCCL. I would have to think long and hard on another NCL cruise. HOWEVER, I do know that not all ships are created equal and lots of people do love NCL. This is just my humble opinion!

It is all about preferences. We have sailed on her once and it was not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong-she is a great ship and I don't see how anyone could have a bad time on her. I like the more intimate princess ships with the smaller atriums. So-the Oasis does not appeal to me (but I am sure I will give it a try). Also, I like to KNOW I am on a cruise (lots of light and windows) and it feels more like a shopping mall to me in the promende (sp?). Finally-the layout was wierd to me. I could never figure out where I was going. There were several highlights on this ship (for me personally) - the womens locker room (and steam room) was beautiful. The intimate wine bar area was a plus. we had a great time on her and I am sure you will too!

We loved the Navigator as well. It is a beautiful ship and has a great staff. We just got off of her the week before Christmas and now we are Platinum! We would go back on her in a heartbeat. For us, we can not think of anything that would keep us from going back.

Archived