Your dream cruise Where would you go?

vols_159

Just wondering.... If NCL or heck any cruise line gave you control of the ship for 7 days.. Where would your dream cruise be.. Please Include which ship Cruise Director Ports Certain entertainment.. Food.. Anything you want you are incontrol!

Just wondering.... If NCL or heck any cruise line gave you control of the ship for 7 days.. Where would your dream cruise be.. Please Include which ship Cruise Director Ports Certain entertainment.. Food.. Anything you want you are incontrol!

7 days isn't long enough to go where I'd like to go. Flight connections are so problematic that we got to the point that if the cruise wasn't at least two weeks, we weren't interested.

But since your 'rules' are a 7 day cruise, I'd return to Alaska, this time in the Owners Suite, probably on the Jewel. I wouldn't be concerned about the entertainment but I'd want a good seat always reserved.

For food I'd want lobster served anytime I asked for it. Not just those little lobster tails, but a whole Maine lobster. Crabcakes, jumbo shrimp cocktails, and of course salmon. I'd want thick clam chowder served to me when I'm on the outer decks in the cold observing the scenery. I'd want free alcoholic drinks.

So long as we're dreaming, then in each port I'd want NCL to give me any of their tours in that port that I wanted, especially the floatplane tours.

If I could have that, I'd put up with the flight frustrations to get there.

7 days isn't long enough to go where I'd like to go. Flight connections are so problematic that we got to the point that if the cruise wasn't at least two weeks, we weren't interested.

But since your 'rules' are a 7 day cruise, I'd return to Alaska, this time in the Owners Suite, probably on the Jewel. I wouldn't be concerned about the entertainment but I'd want a good seat always reserved.

For food I'd want lobster served anytime I asked for it. Not just those little lobster tails, but a whole Maine lobster. Crabcakes, jumbo shrimp cocktails, and of course salmon. I'd want thick clam chowder served to me when I'm on the outer decks in the cold observing the scenery. I'd want free alcoholic drinks.

So long as we're dreaming, then in each port I'd want NCL to give me any of their tours in that port that I wanted, especially the floatplane tours.

If I could have that, I'd put up with the flight frustrations to get there.

tks for the reply! you dont have to play by the rules its your dream 7 days 9 14 1 month i dont care..just curious here.. I have been on the SKY last march and booked for the SUN this MARCH Western carribean .. I have a uncle right now touring overseas Egypt Italty Jerurslum and other places.. Alaska would be cool ive been looking at those But I live on the east coast.. And never flew.. Guess theres a 1st time for everything!

I would like to cruise Australia / New Zealand. Definitley NCL( not sure which ship) and I agree with NMLady's menu!!!!! Lobster shrimp and crab for days. Also I would make this one a non smoking cruise. (Sorry guys...but OP said it would be under MY control.;))

Oh what a fun question! If money and time were no object, I'd go round trip from Los Angeles to Tahiti, stopping in each of the Hawaiian Islands on the way......:cool::):D

Don't know how long it would take....but meager food allowance on the trip over would be ok.....that way I would fit into my bathing suit when I got there......;)

I would go on a world cruise on the Epic or Dawn.I would be in an Owners Suite on the Epic or Courtyard Villa on the Dawn. It would go around the Mediterranean,around Africa,definitely some stops in Asia and Australia,French Polynesia,Hawaii,then round it out by going around the Horn and then highlights of the Caribbean. It would be well over 100 days, but if money were no object and I had time to take it, I would be on that cruise in a heartbeat. Or a more somewhat reasonable goal would be South America and Antarctica, but that is still a far off dream.

Great question...and a lot of fun to contemplate.

While a 100+ day world cruise would be fantastic, I'll keep it (only slightly) more modest.

Ship: Epic

Cabin: Aft PH Suite

Itinerary:

Embark in L.A.

Mexican Riviera

(Panama Canal would be first choice, but not sure Epic fits)

Peru

Chile

Ushuaia

Argentina

Brazil

Transatlantic

Canary Islands

Morocco

Spain

France

Italy

Croatia

Egypt

Israel

Greece

Cyprus

Turkey

Ukraine

Moldova

Bulgaria

Romania

Debark in Istanbul

Already love the food and entertainment on Epic, so no changes there.

South Pacific, no question.

And i would have it so we stayed overnight in each port. There is only so much of a country's culture you can absorb and witness in the few short hours you're in port. Being there for the night would allow you to let your hair down and fully enjoy what the locals have to offer, without worrying about missing the ship's sailing time.

I would love to have Capt'n Lars (on the Pearl). His daily updates were friggen hysterical. I think his humour is lost on a lot of people and he comes off stupid. But if you really listen, his updates were loaded with puns, dry humour, sarcasm and one liners.

And for my sailing only, all specialty restaurant cover charges are waived. There also would be no smoking on the ship except for the little deck on Deck 15, forward. You can smoke there. Oh, and i'd have the Owner's Suite tyvm :)

Since we are dreaming. I would like a 7 night cruise on the Epic departing one time only from NYC. 1st cruise ship to sail to Havana Cuba (thanks to a 1 time agreement with the US and Cuban government)... Dining on deep fried Lobster tails with melted butter 24/7

My dream cruise would be a 14 day round trip cruise out of New York going to Bermuda, the Canary Islands, Madiera, the Azores, St. John's Newfoundland, Yarmouth Nova Scotia, Portsmouth NH and back to New York. I could visit some new ports and not have to fly anywhere.

For the fun of it I looked at one of the luxury lines websites and I found an 'around the world' cruise. It lasts from like June to January and it goes EVERYWHERE you could possibly imagine, leaves from LA and ends up in NYC..if I were retired and independently wealthy so would do this. The cost is a meager $90,000 per person! I wonder if NCL did this cruise if they could cut the cost just a bit? lol

2 week round trip to alaska out of vancouver. Large suite with balcony. Ship newer than 2006 and between 900 and 1000 feet. Spring time cruise. Kids at home with grandma. Couldn't care less who the captain, cruise directory, dishwasher, etc. are

I'm actually going on my dream cruise in a week - the Galapagos Islands. Not on NCL, but on Celebrity. As you can see from my signature, it is my "bucket list" cruise.:)

This is my first "all-inclusive" cruise. Even the two days before and two days afterward at the Marriott in Quito, Equador, are covered. Since I don't drink, they will be making money on me for sure!

Kathy

If I had free reign, it would be insane. I don't really do ship activities besides sitting in a lounge chair with a bucket of beer and a book, so that and CD doesn't matter to me.

Ship: Jewel

Room: Aft Balcony

I found this intinerary and it looks amazing!

Day 1: Thu Los Angeles, California, USA 6:00 PM

Day 2-6: At Sea

Day 7: Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 8: Atuona, Hiva Oa, Marquesas Islands, French Polynes 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 9: Day at Sea

Day 10: Sun Rangiroa, Tuamotu Archpelago, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 11: Mon Moorea, Society Islands, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 12-13: Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia 7:00 PM

Day 14: Wed Raiatea, Society Islands, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 15: Bora Bora, Society Islands, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

Day 16: Day at Sea

Day 17: Rarotonga, Cook Islands 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 18-20: Day at Sea

Day 21: Bay of Islands, New Zealand 7:00 AM 6:00 PM Day

Day 22: Day at Sea

Day 23: Auckland, New Zealand 8:00 AM 7:00 PMDay 22:

Day 24: Wellington, New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 25: Lyttelton (Christchurch), New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 26: Port Chalmer (Dunedin), New Zealand 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

Day 27: Stewart Island, New Zealand 11:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 28: Cruising Milford Sound 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 29-30: Day at Sea

Day 31: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Day 32: Day at Sea

Day 33: Kangaroo Island, Australia 12:00 PM 7:00 PM

Day 34: Adelaide, Australia 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

Day 35: Day at Sea

Day 36:Geelong, Australia 8:00 AM 12:30 PM

Day 37-38: Melbourne, Australia 4:00 PM

Day 39: Day at Sea

Day 40-41: Sydney, Australia 8:00 AM

Day 42: Day at Sea

Day 43: Australia 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 44: Day at Sea

Day 45: Whitsundays (Hardy Reef), Australia 8:00 AM 2:00 PM

Day 46: Cairns, Australia 9:00 AM 11:00 PM

Day 47: Day at Sea

Day 48: Thursday Island, Australia 8:00 AM 1:00 PM

Day 49: Day at Sea

Day 50:, Australia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 51-52: Day at Sea

Day 53: Bali (Benoa), Indonesia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 54: Day at Sea

Day 55: Day at Sea

Day 56: Sandakan, Malaysia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 57: Day at Sea

Day 58: Manila, Philippines 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 59: Day at Sea

Day 60: Hong Kong, China 9:00 AM

Day 61: Hong Kong, China 6:00 PM

Day 62-63: Wed Haiphong (Hanoi), Vietnam 11:00 PM

Day 64: Fri Ha Long Bay, Vietnam 7:00 AM 1:00 PM

Day 65: Day at Sea

Day 66-67 Sun Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 12:00 PM

Day 68: Day at Sea

Day 69-70: Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand 8:00 AM

Day 71: Ko Samui, Thailand 12:00 PM 6:00 PM

Day 72: Day at Sea

Day 73: Singapore, Singapore 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 74: Pt. Kelang (Kuala Lumpur), Malaysia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 75: Penang, Malaysia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 76: Phuket, Thailand 8:00 AM 1:00 PM

Day 77-78: Day at Sea

Day 79: Colombo, Sri Lanka 8:00 AM 10:00 PM

Day 80: Day at Sea

Day 81: Cochin, India 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 82: Day at Sea

Day 83-84: Mumbai, India 8:00 AM

Day 85: Mumbai, India 6:00 PM

Day 86-87: Day at Sea

Day 88: Khasab, Oman 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 89-90: Dubai, UAE 8:00 AM

Day 91: Muscat, Oman 9:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 92-96: Day at Sea

Day 97-98 Safaga, Egypt 7:00 AM

Day 99: Aqaba, Jordan 7:00 AM 10:00 PM

Day 100: Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

Day 101: Transiting the Suez Canal

Day 102: Sun Alexandria, Egypt 8:00 AM 8:00 PM

Day 103: Day at Sea

Day 104: Piraeus (Athens), Greece 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 105: Day at Sea

Day 106: Taormina, Italy 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 107: Sorrento, Italy 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 108: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Day 109: Monte Carlo, Monaco 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 110-111: Barcelona, Spain 1:00 PM

Day 112: Day at Sea

Day 113: Malaga, Spain 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

Day 114: Day at Sea

Day 115: Lisbon, Portugal 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 116: Day at Sea

Day 117: Bilbao, Spain 8:00 AM 11:00 PM

Day 118: Day at Sea

Day 119: St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 120: Southampton, UK

My dream cruise would be a combination of cruise, tour, and hike. First I'd like to fly back to Buenos Aires and really see the place this time. I'd take a few tango lessons, eat a few great steaks, and meet a few artists. Then I'd fly off to Iguazu Falls for a couple of days. I'd return to Buenos Aires in time to catch a flight to Ushuaia where I'd meet my ship heading out on a 2-week Antarctica cruise. When we returned, I'd head over Torres del Paine National Park in Chile for a week of trekking. Sigh. All it takes is time and money. . . .

I think the OP said 7 days, if that was all we could have I would:

Do Austraila and New Z or Viet Nam and the Pacific rim

I would sail on the Pearl or the Sun

In a suite of course

With Paul as the CD

Lobster, Crab, Escargot and Ceasar Salad with home made dressing each night. Eggs bene for breakfast part of the time, the best Lox that money could buy the rest of the time. Fresh salad and Pasta bar each lunch, of course with a special poshint (spelling) at the end to devolve all the calaries I ate during the week.

Nita

To pick something less that a 'round-the-world or grand-voyage style cruise, I'd like a 14 day (or so) round-trip Hawaii cruise departing from Seattle (or Vancouver, if necessary).

Let's make that aboard the Pearl with Captain Lars at the helm. And this would be a NON-smoking cruise, with an ENFORCED resort casual dress code in the dining venues at dinner.

But, "pigs will fly" before that ever happens. So will I (fly, that is) because the departures out of Seattle, other than to Alaska, are very limited.

Thanks for all the wonderful and exciting comments.. If i won the lottery I would prolly start my cruise in Alaska prolly one week there.. seing all the wonderful glaciers and snow.. Than go straight to Hawaii to warm up.. and see the islands.. Maybe then go to Bermuda stopping at Boston kings warf and NY kings warf.. I dont know how long this would take maybe 21 days or more.. My last stop would be at The Great Stirrup Cay.. Ive only been on one cruise to the SKY last yr with and I loved The Great Stirrup Cay.. Very relaxing.. my last day would be there.. just relaxing in a hammock with the gf again.. My ship would be Epic i guess since its the newest.. My CD would be Matt Baker.. He was awesome last yr on the Sky.. Food Well I love all kinds of food the brazizlian steakhouse would be free and so would be all drinks! Lets Just relax and have a good time on my cruise.. Whose in??

I would go on a world cruise on the Epic or Dawn.I would be in an Owners Suite on the Epic or Courtyard Villa on the Dawn. It would go around the Mediterranean,around Africa,definitely some stops in Asia and Australia,French Polynesia,Hawaii,then round it out by going around the Horn and then highlights of the Caribbean. It would be well over 100 days, but if money were no object and I had time to take it, I would be on that cruise in a heartbeat. Or a more somewhat reasonable goal would be South America and Antarctica, but that is still a far off dream.

Sorry, no Courtyard on Dawn. Will you take the Garden Villa???

I found my dream cruise but it's with Hal. I would love to do it on N.C.L. Spirit:D: Boston, Massachusetts, US; At Sea (Atlantic Ocean); Cap-aux-Meules, Quebec, CA; Bonne Bay, Newfoundland, CA; At Sea (Labrador Sea); Qaqortoq, Greenland; Cruising Prince Christian Sund; Reykjavik, Iceland; Heimaey, Iceland; Djupivogur, Iceland; Invergordon, Scotland; S Queensferry (Edinburgh), UK; At Sea (North Sea); Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Dover (London), England; St Malo, France; Falmouth, England; Cobh (Cork), Ireland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Portree (Isle of Skye), UK; Akureyri, Iceland; Cruising Cape Farewell; Nanortalik, Greenland; St Anthony, Newfoundland, CA; St. John's, Newfoundland, CA; Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA; Bar Harbor, Maine, US

Archived