quick question about alcohol

jagsfan

First, don't ever take 13 friends on a cruise with you. The questions and confusion are

driving me nuts.

The latest is: a friend doesn't want to pay ship's prices for drinks. She says she goes

through a bottle of wine in an afternoon, and needs to take aboard a bottle for each day.

She also wants liquor for the evenings.

I explained one bottle each person in carry on luggage only. She rebutted with why can't

she put some in her checked luggage, too. If they catch her, she'll say she didn't know

it should go in carry on. She doesn't think they'll go back and check her carry on, too.

I can make a bottle last me 4 days, so I can't sympathize too much.

I just want to know if any of you have gotten booze or wine through in your checked

bags. I figure if I can give her the odds, she can decide if she wants to risk her

money and time on her scheme.

Thanks for your help.

First, don't ever take 13 friends on a cruise with you. The questions and confusion are

driving me nuts.

The latest is: a friend doesn't want to pay ship's prices for drinks. She says she goes

through a bottle of wine in an afternoon, and needs to take aboard a bottle for each day.

I explained one bottle each person in carry on luggage only. She rebutted with why can't

she put some in her checked luggage, too. If they catch her, she'll say she didn't know

it should go in carry on. She doesn't think they'll go back and check her carry on, too.

I just want to know if any of you have gotten booze or wine through in your checked

bags. I figure if I can give her the odds, she can decide if she wants to risk her

Thanks for your help.

The glass bottle is a dead giveaway and it WILL be confiscated. She'll get the bottle back on the night of the last day of your voyage.

Lots of folks use RumRunners to smuggle booze on board with a high degree of success.

If she wants more wine she needs to convince someone to carry it on for her...

:)

What if she took one of those box wines, took the bladder out of the box and packed it in her checked luggage? It would be like a huge rum runner full of wine! I thought of this and decided I'd rather have the space for some shoes. We were full force on the smuggling when we first booked and have since decided to save our change for our bar bill...seems so much easier!

driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help.

I had almost the same conversation with friends in a group I went on a cruise with last week. They decided to try it anyway, and sure enough, all the bottles of wine in checked luggage were confiscated. Bottles are a dead giveaway and I would say the odds are way better than 50/50 that they will get confiscated.

In our group, Rum Runners were the only successful method. But, the bladder from the box wine mentioned previously might be a suitable alternative.

She says she goes through a bottle of wine in an afternoon, and needs to take aboard a bottle for each day.She also wants liquor for the evenings...

No comment....

driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help.

Tell her to buy a wine package through Bon Voyage...

We smuggled for our first time on our pride cruise in May..whisky in ice tea bottles. We also did carry on one bottle of wine. Our first cruise was in 2007 and I feel your pain about planning a cruise for a group of friends. It was our wedding cruise and we had 16 people with us. Never again will I take charge an plan for the entire group. From then on it's set the date and then they can book themselves! Anyways on that crusie a friend of mine packed two fifths of vodka in water bottles. A fellow CC roll call member from the May cruise had a fifth of captain in his luggae and it was confiscated. It was returned fairly early in the evening the last day and he was still able to enjoy it. There was no way they ever opened our luggage and went through it to see what the bottles of "tea" contained. It was still packed like a puzzle! LOL

driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help.

We contacted the Bon Voyage department to order bottles of Malibu for our room. We are also carrying on three bottles of wine (1 w/ MIL, 1 w/ DH and 1 w/ me). Those bottles won't help us when we are off the ship on shore excursions but they will help decrease our bar bill a bit.

Now, I'm having a similar conversation with my SIL regarding non-alcoholic beverages. This is her first cruise and I told her she could carry on (1) 12-pk of soda per person, and she was upset about that. She told us she needs at least a 12-pk per day of the cruise! :eek: I personally feel that is ridiculous, so I told her she needs to find a way to cut down for this trip since we are using our non-alcoholic beverage allowance for mixers for the Malibu. :p

driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help.

I feel your pain. I'd tell her, "Hey, don't make your emergency my emergency".

And oh yeah, Charlie Sheen just called, he wants her phone number.

Does anyone know if you can get beer from Bon Voyage? If so, how much can you get and how much is it? Also, if you're allowed 2 bottles of wine to bring to dinner, why is the wine being confiscated? Thanks

Beer from Bon Voyage has been at the same prices as the bars....Each person is allowed 1 bottle of wine in their carry-on luggage only.

All bottles of wine and liquor can be detected when the bags are x-rayed and will be removed from the luggage. Any unsealed liquids (recapped, etc) will be discarded. Any unopened bottles of alcohol/wine will be returned on the last night of the cruise.

Okay, we were on the Carnival Dream and were able to take two bottles of wine per person. This is how we did it: My travelling companion and I got in separate security check in lines (there are many) and when I was told that only "one bottle per person", I merely said I was carrying the wine for both of us and pointed to my travelling companion over yonder....security never said a word to my companion as he went thru security in his line with his two bottles....

The process happens so quickly that they really don't know who is with whom, travelling together.

I have heard that rum runners work perfectly, but hey, part of the whole experience is really the Drink of the Day!

Have a blast with all 13 friends, and part of the experience is all the questions and anticipation...thats the fun part for me....been there and done that!

driving me nuts.

:eek::eek:

What is a rumrunner?

Do you then bring your bottles of wine to dinner with you? Or can you drink them in your room?

Do your bottles of wine go in your checked baggage or your carry-on baggage?

And you can bring some soda, right? How much?

How much water can you bring?

I know I can look this up, but you guys are much faster. Thanks!

Archived