Documents - Month Ahead?

JanetMarie

Princess has gotten it together lately and the documents seem to arrive in great time. That is unless you happen to book your airfare through them, then it can still be within the two week time frame before you leave.

Congrats on recieving them so early!

Still pending the arrival of our official cruise docs for our April 17th sailing on the Golden Princess. DW and I received pre-cruise docs detailing all the excursions and imigration forms, but I already filed the imigration info and reserved excursions on line to expeditie embarkation.

John

On our last two cruises the tickets have been coming about 1 month ahead. It is really neat as now your cruise is just right around the corner even though that last month just pluggggs along. Happy cruising.

Marilyn

Still pending the arrival of our official cruise docs for our April 17th sailing on the Golden Princess. DW and I received pre-cruise docs detailing all the excursions and imigration forms, but I already filed the imigration info and reserved excursions on line to expeditie embarkation.

John

When did you get your pre-cruise docs? We are sailing May 22nd and were wondering when to expect our pre-cruise docs. Thanks in advance for your response.

When did you get your pre-cruise docs? We are sailing May 22nd and were wondering when to expect our pre-cruise docs. Thanks in advance for your response.

The pre-cruise docs arrived about 3 weeks ago, so around 70 days prior to our cruise. 45 and counting...

Enclosed in the envelope was an Adventures Ashore (2004/2005) Southern Caribbean manual w/ reservation sheet, a Princess cruise answer book about everything you need to know about your particular Princess cruise, Princess cruises golf brochure, passenger immigration forms, Air Flight request form, passage contract, and a pamphlet on the U.S. Border Security Act. There is also a letter from Princess detailing your cruise docs along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to return documents.

Remember...you can reserve excursions, and fill out your immigration forms on line at the Princess cruise web site. You must sign in using your name and booking number. Once you do this, you can personalize your cruise by clicking on the cruise personalizer icon on the Princess web page.

John

John

We are on the Diamond on 3/26, and we haven't received anything! Perhaps I should call Expedia since that is where we booked the cruise? Or do you think Princess will mail the documents directly to me?

Thanks.

Jean

I booked a last minute cruise and for the first time decided to et my docs at the pier. Hope it all works out !
I think you'll be ok. Cindy, who's on our roll call, mentioned that as long as you are on the ship manifest, you'll have no problems getting aboard even if you don't receive your final docs. Make sure you fill in your immigration info on-line 1st and you should sail right through (no pun intended) :) .

~Paul

Thanks, Shelly. I just contacted Expedia, and they responded by saying I should have the docs 2 weeks before we cruise. They indicated if I don't have them by 3/18, I should contact them again. So I'll wait until then to really start worrying.:cool:

Jean

Jean, I'm glad you contacted them and spoke with an actual person. I'm sure they'll arrive in time, and be sure to check your mailbox as soon as you see the postman!!!

It was nice to read everyone's post re: getting docs early. Go Princess!!! ;)

We also got our packet for our May cruise a couple days ago..I was wondering if you get them faster if you don't book airfare with Princess, cause the last time we cruised with them, we used their airline and we didn't get out documents till just before we left..Think that has anything to do with it?

We are on the Diamond on 3/26, and we haven't received anything! Perhaps I should call Expedia since that is where we booked the cruise? Or do you think Princess will mail the documents directly to me?

Thanks.

Jean

We used Expedia for our January cruise. The docs came via UPS 2day delivery from Expedia's ticketing center in Las Vegas. We received them about 4 weeks prior to sailing. Expedia states on-line that docs are shipped approximately 2 weeks prior to sailing. If you still don't have them on the 11th, I would certainly call.

Have a great cruise.

We used Princess Air and got our docs about a month ago for the 03/12 sailing. Maybe Princess has streamlined the process. We also got good flight arrangements, I was worried after hearing some of the horror stories :) - Shelly

John, thanks for the response. It seems like the docs are taking a little longer for our Alaska trip than then did for our Caribbean trip. We have no airfare involved so they should arrive a little earlier than people with Princess air. Have already gone on line and filled out forms. Getting docs makes it more official and more exciting. Thanks again for your response.

We actually received our Princess Air details before our documents. We sail this Saturday and received our flight information on January 12th about 2 weeks after our final payment. The Princess Air was cheaper than we could find elsewhere as it is March break week for us. Flights aren't great but okay. We received our cruise documents about 4 weeks ago and was a lot earlier than I had expected. It was a nice surprise to come home to that day!

So much to do before cruising...............I'd better get to it!!

Archived