Lost Luggage on Summit

golffore2001

Just off the Summit on 3/5. One of the 3 bags we had removed the last night was not found. Not sure if Celebrity lost it or more likely if someone mistakenly took it vs. their bag. After all searching there was one similar to ours left behind. Just wondering if anyone had had any similar happenings and what Celebrity responsibility was. Also if they had luck finding later! My opinion they asked for the bags and are responsible until I get them back. I did file paperwork. I have trip insurance from access America and will have to check what it covers.

If there was a lonely bag similar to yours, chances are someone got yours by mistake, in a hurry. I read on another board that the 'losers' looked at the tag on the 'left' bag, and called the phone number...the owners did have the missing bag...didn't discover until called. EM

If there was a lonely bag similar to yours, chances are someone got yours by mistake, in a hurry. I read on another board that the 'losers' looked at the tag on the 'left' bag, and called the phone number...the owners did have the missing bag...didn't discover until called. EM

I had a similar experience after a air flight. Lucky for me the owner of the left similar piece of luggage was on a return flight to his home town which was in the same city as the airport I flew into. Airline called his home and got the person's cell # from his wife. They called him while he was still driving to his home and asked him to check the tag on the bag he had taken. Sure enough he had my bag which he return to the airport with.

IMO he was a loser, not I. I was just greatly inconvenienced by this idiot.

If someone else took your bag by mistake, it is doubtful that Celebrity has any responsibility. They delivered it to the terminal, from then on it was someone else's error. I would expect them to help figure out (from the tag on the similar bag which was left behind) who took it, but I wouldn't expect them to replace it or the contents.

Just another fine reason to "personalize" your luggage with something unique (a big bow/red X/yellow tape, etc.). It makes it easier to identify for the owner as well as those that have one similar to it.

Yes, we always personalize our bags, and our TA provides great tags that are hard to miss or mistake.

I hope the OP can find the lost bag!

The airlines give you a stub as a receipt when they take your bag so at least you have some acknowledgment that they actually received your bag and took possession of it, and you have a number that matches the tag number on the bag if needed for tracing purposes.

With the cruise lines, we merely cross our fingers and hope for the best because if the bag should vanish, we would have nothing to show that we ever gave them the bag in the first place.

We have been fortunate so far in that no cruise line or port has ever lost one of our bags -- yet.

We had a similar experience on the Equinox in Rome. We got off very early to catch a private ride to the airport. One of our 3 bags was not in the proper row. We spent 30 minutes looking for it with no success. We then found a Celebrity rep and Rome Pier worker who started looking as well. Since we had to go to the airport they had us fill out a lost luggage form. They said if they found it, they would ship it to us in the U.S. We also had trip insurance. They did tell us they (Celebrity and the Rome Port Authority) had no responsibility if the bag was lost or taken by mistake.

Just as we were leaving, a port worker found our bag just outside the building. I assume some idiot took our bag and realized it after they left the building. Instead of notifying someone or properly returning it, they just left it. We also had lots of personalizing on our bags.

So we lucked out and avoided a huge problem. You should contact the cruise line to see if anyone checks in with them. But I think they will not pay for your losses. But that was in Europe. I assume your loss was in the U.S. Maybe things will be different.

Well the lost luggage found it's way home. Apparently whomever took it by mistake checked it all the way to Chicago and then when they went to retrieve their bag, they could not find it as this time they must have checked names. So they abandoned my suitcase. United grabbed it and called me since my info was on it. They put it on the next plane to Cincy and I just picked it up. I called Celebrity to tell them the bag was found and they could remove it from the lost luggage list. The customer Service rep was always pleasant and tried to make arrangements to have the bag picked up and delivered since it is a 100 mile roundtrip to airport for me. She couldn't do it, but said they would pay for Gas and Parking to pick it up. More than I expected and another reason I love the Celebrity/RCCL brand. Cruise# 10 with them not far off.

Well the lost luggage found it's way home. Apparently whomever took it by mistake checked it all the way to Chicago and then when they went to retrieve their bag, they could not find it as this time they must have checked names. So they abandoned my suitcase. United grabbed it and called me since my info was on it. They put it on the next plane to Cincy and I just picked it up. I called Celebrity to tell them the bag was found and they could remove it from the lost luggage list. The customer Service rep was always pleasant and tried to make arrangements to have the bag picked up and delivered since it is a 100 mile roundtrip to airport for me. She couldn't do it, but said they would pay for Gas and Parking to pick it up. More than I expected and another reason I love the Celebrity/RCCL brand. Cruise# 10 with them not far off.

I wonder if that person is blaming United for losing his luggage, lol? Probably thinks someone accidentally took his at the airport. At least the airline can confirm that HE checked in the wrong piece. I hope Celebrity makes him pay the cost of getting his bag to him.

Note for future reference: if your suitcase is missing and another similar is left behind, write down the information on the piece left behind. contact them. They, more than likely, have your missing piece of luggage,

Archived