Room changed without notice

photoman100169

We booked 2 balcony rooms on the splendor, side by side so that we would be able to open the divider and have more outdoor space. We book through a TA I believe in september. Well last night I printed out our boarding passes and realized that on of the rooms have been moved one door away.

We just got off the phone with our TA and she pretty much said well they have the rights to move your room, I'll see what i can do.

I think that is pretty much BS, because the only real reason the second room was upgraded to balcony was so that we could do the partition. if we had known this would be the case we would have left that room as an inside, and saved some money

We booked 2 balcony rooms on the splendor, side by side so that we would be able to open the divider and have more outdoor space. We book through a TA I believe in september. Well last night I printed out our boarding passes and realized that on of the rooms have been moved one door away.

We just got off the phone with our TA and she pretty much said well they have the rights to move your room, I'll see what i can do.

I think that is pretty much BS, because the only real reason the second room was upgraded to balcony was so that we could do the partition. if we had known this would be the case we would have left that room as an inside, and saved some money

yes, they can move you, even if you book a specific cabin. when i booked side by side rooms, i did the kelly method to check that they didn't move the adjoining cabin, as one was booked below occupancy.

another time, i booked an aft cabin. the day before sailing, i found out they moved us, but calmed down when i saw we were still aft, but two floors up.

Just curious what is the kelly method? We have four aft cabins booked on the splendor but there is a cabin between one of us that isn't ours. My parents wanted to move there instead but Carnival won't let them since there are only two of them and the occupancy is three on the cabin...Stinks..lol

We have sailed with friends and been way across the boat. We still saw them and had many a good time on our veranda. Sorry your parents can't move, but maybe if no 3's want that room, they will allow the move near the cruise.

Nancy

Just curious what is the kelly method? We have four aft cabins booked on the splendor but there is a cabin between one of us that isn't ours. My parents wanted to move there instead but Carnival won't let them since there are only two of them and the occupancy is three on the cabin...Stinks..lol

you "fake" a bon voyage gift on carnivals website, and enter your cabin number. if you get an error, oops!

I was moving from inside cabins to balcony cabins yesterday and we found plenty of cabins side by side but still ran into the the issues of mandatory minimum occupancy levels. We were on the phone for hours!!! We finally settled for balconies on the same deck in the same section (aft) of the ship. The rooms are on the opposited sides of the ship too....but, we can live with it.

Our issue was we orginally had a party of 6...one dropped so with the third person being a bit less in a cabin we opted to use our savings to move to two balcony rooms instead of 3 inside cabins. So...geting the 3 and 2 occupancy next door to each other proved impossible...and our cruise is 97 days out!!!

They can change your cabin assignment, but generally it's if you underbooked the# of passengers in the cabin and they need the higher capacity cabin (still apparently rarely occurs). As someone else pointed out, it's also possible the TA booked the wrong cabin, although that should show-up on your booking confirmation? ken

Rumor. John Heald verified that balcony dividers can still be opened.

Because this doesn't affect me in any way, I didn't pay attention very closely, but there are some cabins that can not have the dividers opend. If you check back on his FB posts, you may be able to find which cabins it mentioned.

Our issue was we orginally had a party of 6...one dropped so with the third person being a bit less in a cabin we opted to use our savings to move to two balcony rooms instead of 3 inside cabins. So...geting the 3 and 2 occupancy next door to each other proved impossible...and our cruise is 97 days out!!!

We had 4 and 2 next door balconies last summer on Triumph. But my PVP has worked with us on all our cruises and added other cabins on several. Plus we may have just been lucky. :D

Sorry this happened to you but let me throw out another possibility. Perhaps the TA screwed up the reservation and is attempting to throw some blame elsewhere.

Oh trust me. this could for sure be the cause....This TA was the worse. But on our booking confirmation is shows the rooms next to each other.

I'm not here trying to bash carnival, and it for sure isn't going to ruin my cruise. I understand that are reasons that they may need to move people around, but I think if they are going to do it that they should at least let us know and give us a choice. I mean I paid for THAT room. They shouldn't give you the option of choosing rooms if they aren't going to keep you in that room.

Like I said it isn't going to affect my cruise in the least. But my mom was REALLY looking forward to having the connected balconys

Oh trust me. this could for sure be the cause....This TA was the worse. But on our booking confirmation is shows the rooms next to each other.

I'm not here trying to bash carnival, and it for sure isn't going to ruin my cruise. I understand that are reasons that they may need to move people around, but I think if they are going to do it that they should at least let us know and give us a choice. I mean I paid for THAT room. They shouldn't give you the option of choosing rooms if they aren't going to keep you in that room.

Like I said it isn't going to affect my cruise in the least. But my mom was REALLY looking forward to having the connected balconys

You said it is one cabin difference.. I dunno depending on how many people are in the room and why they switched the cabins.. but you could always talk to the people in the next cabin and see if they would change cabins since they are next door... We had a couple do that on our cruise last April;)

You said it is one cabin difference.. I dunno depending on how many people are in the room and why they switched the cabins.. but you could always talk to the people in the next cabin and see if they would change cabins since they are next door... We had a couple do that on our cruise last April;)

Wow! Talk about someone being nice. I have to say that if someone asked me to switch my cabin they should be prepared for a serious ***** look.

Wow! Talk about someone being nice. I have to say that if someone asked me to switch my cabin they should be prepared for a serious ***** look.

hahaha...yeah i'm pretty sure I could never ask someone to do that..lol I think I will just live with it

You might think you paid for that cabin, but I bet your cruise contract says otherwise.

You might think you paid for that cabin, but I bet your cruise contract says otherwise.

and it does BUT I would still be upset if they changed cabins on me too. I choose a specific cabin for a reason and the OP had a reason to choose as they did.

I am thinking they don't change them too often as we would hear more complaining on here about it. Usually the change is for booking a cabin when you don't have the full capacity in it eg two booking in a triple or a quad.

LOL well we lucked in.. funny story.. we were on the Splendor and friends of ours.. 2 couples with our group booked the aft balconies thinking they could open the divider.. well they couldnt .. we had the aft wrap and there was the one cabin beside us which was next to them that would open to the other balcony...

long story short.. we were sitting on deck 10 and I just said I wish we could find the person in cabin... blah blah blah.. and low and behold the people in the cabin were at the next table... spoke to them.. got the other two couples over to talk to them..and the switch was done... spent alot of time with them thru out the cruise and still in contact and hoping to cruise with them again soon;)

Well I sure would be upset if that happened as we once booked 2 balconies side by side - one for us and one for our KIDS!!! and of course the plan was to keep the balcony divider open - and it worked out great.

I would suspect that in this case they would have the sense not to 'switch' cabins ....and/or if they did I would sure be calling them on that one!

As I said, I am aware that they have the right to switch our rooms for what ever reason the want....but the fact that I booked well in advance and choose the rooms that I wanted. I would have LOVED to have been told about the change BEFORE I printed my boarding pass. thats all. A simple call would have worked wonders

Since I booked a cove balcony for just me, should I worry i'll be re-asigned to a cot in the elevator because I'm under capacity for the cabin I selected? :confused:

it sure seems that way...We have four people in one room and 3 in the other and apparently they were both quad rooms. We talked to the TA today and she said that they needed that quad room for a diff family.

I cruise solo most of the time so I don't think that anybody would want my cat.1-A cabin that has one lower bed.

I always unpack right away and get settled in so I wouldn't want to change cabins after I have already settled into my cabin.

Plus when I get a message from the front desk they already know my name and cabin number. When I order room service they know my name and cabin number. If I have a problem in my cabin they know my name and cabin number. "WHEW"....

Archived