New Princess "Secrets"??

stroza

I have bought the ginger Altoids at Rite-Aid and Walgreens. Both are drug stores. I would google ginger Altoids and maybe the company to give you an idea of stores near you that carry them.

Sali

You can always find candied ginger at Nutsonline.com, but they sell by the pound, so it may last for years!

I suggest strongly that you bring along an extension cord. While the plug might be right next to your bed, having a couple of feet extra to locate the CPAP is helpful. I use a CPAP and just would make that suggestion to you.

I am still trying to figure out how one plugs a nightlight into the bathroom outlet. Every Princess ship i have been on has only had those special outlets ibt he bathroom that will only accomodate an electric shaver.

for our last cruise, I purchased one of those "tap light" kind of night lights. It was about a 2.5" round light - it has a large 'sticky' on the bottom, but i just set it on the side shelves. worked well.

• 6 years later...
Well of course if the original price was too much anyway I probably would not get it. Right now I am wearing a darling sherbert orange, V-neck top with tropical scene on the front (says Princess Cruises on the bottom) that I picked up for $13.00. Original price tag was over $35.00. They had beautiful "yoga" type pants and tops in a mauve and dusky turquoise that were very reasonably priced as well.

Like anyplace you have to decide if the price and value is for you. I'm a watch gal and the BT $10.00 ones are great, I have dozens and so what if they stop or wear out/break, it's only $10.00 but all the ones I have have lasted and lasted. Costs nothing to check out the sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is a hot tip I just learned from a fellow cruiser on the Majestic last Summer, this is mostly for trivia players. You can ask your cabin Steward for cardboard and rubber bands (free) and make backing (the rubber bands hold the paper in place) for the trivia papers so you can write on them when on a ship that uses Princess Live venue for trivia. Yes now they do hand out one large board per team but if others want to write down their answers these handy cardboard backings are fantastic. Plus, you can decorate them with your team name, and so on. Thank you Dr Dentist!

My 1st cruise EVER is in Nov so I'm obsessed with this site! I read everything I can, I come on here at least once a day to see if I missed anything....It's kinda sad, I know ;)

I have been on several cruises over the years and I still check this website out everyday when a new cruise is in my future. so don't feel obsessed. BTW I still learn new things and love to hear from people who can answer my questions better then princess or some TA. Have a great trip in November. I have to wait till next June.

In regards to waiting for "sales" in the gift shops, if you see something you want early in the cruise, BUY IT. Don't wait for a sale. On my Tahiti cruise a few years ago there was a baseball style cap that had "Tahiti French Polynesia" on the front. I didn't purchase it because my previous Princess experience told me to wait for the "end of cruise" sale. Well, they sold out of the hats before the end of the cruise. I never got one. If you really want it, buy it when you see it.

In regards to waiting for "sales" in the gift shops, if you see something you want early in the cruise, BUY IT. Don't wait for a sale. On my Tahiti cruise a few years ago there was a baseball style cap that had "Tahiti French Polynesia" on the front. I didn't purchase it because my previous Princess experience told me to wait for the "end of cruise" sale. Well, they sold out of the hats before the end of the cruise. I never got one. If you really want it, buy it when you see it.

That'll work.

Buy it when you first see it & if they put the item on sale later in the cruise buy another & return the first one at full price.;);)

That'll work.

Buy it when you first see it & if they put the item on sale later in the cruise buy another & return the first one at full price.;);)

:rolleyes: what and not sell it on ebay?

We have a party with 6 rooms so we bring dry erase boards and double-sided tape to hang them on the cabin doors...everyone can leave notes about where they are going...makes it easy to know how to find others in the party.

Please do not use double sided sticky tape anywhere. It may mar the surface and you will be held responsible. Everything is metal and magnets work well. I've used magnetic white boards on the outside of my door...be aware that the marker may disappear. Post it notes work well too. Everyone should have a pen on them (maybe).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please do not use double sided sticky tape anywhere. It may mar the surface and you will be held responsible. Everything is metal and magnets work well. I've used magnetic white boards on the outside of my door...be aware that the marker may disappear. Post it notes work well too. Everyone should have a pen on them (maybe).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That will NEVER happen.

A night light in the bathroom is useless when the door is closed. We plug ours in behind the TV so we can find our way to the bathroom.

Plug in the night light wherever you wish. To each his own.

In this thread, they are chatting about a night light in the bathroom, used to illuminate the bathroom, not the entire cabin.

They open the door, the night light illuminates the bathroom,, then they can see to step up into the bathroom, and they don't trip on the sill. So that makes sense.

Some people want a night light to illuminate the entire cabin. Other people want a night light only for the bathroom.

They open the door first, then they step up into the bathroom.

This has been mentioned before -- but there is a plug behind the bed, if needed for a CPAP machine, or whatever.

My 1st cruise EVER is in Nov so I'm obsessed with this site! I read everything I can, I come on here at least once a day to see if I missed anything....It's kinda sad, I know ;)

try the yakima salts at the steakhouse UBD IS A MUST.....BALCONY NEEDED.

A small inexpensive battery travel clock is better than an electric one. If you have to do time changes during the sailing or you want to set your own wake up calls without using the phone to do so. With the battery clock, you can place it anywhere in the cabin. Comes in handy if you cannot see well without glasses or contact lenses and need to have the clock near by on the night table. Otherwise, you are using up an outlet and are limited to where the outlet is placed.

Also consider bringing a 6 or 9 ft. extension cord and a multi outlet power surge protector to use to charge your phone, camera, etc.

MARAPRINCE

Do NOT bring an extension cord with a surge protector. Wiring is different on ships and surge protectors can cause fires!

It’s not sad, it’s smart! I have a friend who on her first cruise tipped everyone throughout her week. She was really surprised to find out that the tips were 1. Already on the bar tab, and 2. The tips for the week were on her cabin bill! :eek::eek: You will board your first cruise ship thoroughly informed!! Have fun!!

I joined CC months before our first cruise. By the time we actually got on the ship, there was almost nothing for me to learn.;)