T-Shirts Not Allowed in Main Restaurant?

Miss UK

Hey..another dress code thread.! Just what we've been waiting for...

I think they mean sleeveless  men's tees.  Some  look .like underwear with ribbing..hairy armpits..

Don't see much of that on X .  Always quite a few  first day in buffet on Royal C...ugh!  Diff crowd!

Tee shirts with port logos, team logos , etc are worn during the day... nightime for casual night.try a collared polo or casual mens shirt with buttons...

On 5/13/2011 at 10:31 AM, Miss UK said:

If there is a policy about being covered in ink, then my husband will be thrown overboard, because he is covered!!

Thank you everybody for all your posts, replies, thoughts and comments on this matter. I think that for breakfast and dinner as long as you are covered appropriately and are clean, neat and tidy then there is no cause to complain. I am on my holiday, I want to relax and of course it will be hot so I am not going to be wearing my ballgown for either of these two meals. Dinner is different. Where ever we are on our holidays we always dress smart/casual and I would not entertain wearing a t-shirt or shorts to dinner, even in the buffet. The rule of not wearing t-shirts especially to breakfast or dinner is extreme. If I came in just wearing my bikini then I would understand the complaints and being asked to leave the restaurant but a t-shirt, the attire most people wear on their holidays to me is perfectly acceptable. And hey, rules are there to be broken! x

Rules and guides are there to be followed..not broken...this is a cruise ship not a protest march!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AidenL said:

I’ve seen teeshirts, baseball caps and shorts in the MDR in the evening on the Alaska cruise we are in on Solstice at the moment.

it would seem that the dress code had been totally discarded. 

Is there some particular reason you are reviving every old dress code thread. You have posted the same thing at least three times already. Geeze, get a life.

• Like 3

Posted here in error on my part. Didn’t see how to delete my post in all fairness. 

No no agenda on my part, merely commenting. 

Seems to be be a level of aggression in some responses which aren’t justified,and which  my error in posting doesn’t require.

• Like 1

Posted here in error on my part. Didn’t see how to delete my post in all fairness. 

Seems to be be a level of aggression in some responses which aren’t justified,and which  my error in posting doesn’t require.

6 minutes ago, AidenL said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Some people do think they own the line. ;)

Did you raise your concerns with the maitre 'd? Chemmo posted an educated guess but ultimately no one on these boards can answer your question with any certainty. I'd be interested to hear any comments the onboard staff may have said to you. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 4:09 PM, Mynki said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Some people do think they own the line. ;)

Did you raise your concerns with the maitre 'd? Chemmo posted an educated guess but ultimately no one on these boards can answer your question with any certainty. I'd be interested to hear any comments the onboard staff may have said to you. 

Morning ! 

Just home. No, I didn't raise them to be honest. I was with my wife and her Dad, and I'm not a natural complainer. Its more an observation and a feeling of disappointment which caused me to post here, and to erroneously resurrect a few old threads. 

I accept that its something that happens, some people not complying with rules, and indeed getting satisfaction from that also. I can't say I saw it on our previous cruises in Europe, that's not to say it wasn't there. I do think the dress code on Alaska cruises seems to be looser. 

Great Celebrity staff in the MDR and super food, so that more than made up for the tee shorts and shorts ! 

30 minutes ago, AidenL said:

Morning ! 

Just home. No, I didn't raise them to be honest. I was with my wife and her Dad, and I'm not a natural complainer. Its more an observation and a feeling of disappointment which caused me to post here, and to erroneously resurrect a few old threads. 

I accept that its something that happens, some people not complying with rules, and indeed getting satisfaction from that also. I can't say I saw it on our previous cruises in Europe, that's not to say it wasn't there. I do think the dress code on Alaska cruises seems to be looser. 

Great Celebrity staff in the MDR and super food, so that more than made up for the tee shorts and shorts ! 

Just so you know you can't delete a post on your own, only the moderators can do that.  The only thing you can do is edit and wipe out everything you wrote and leave a comment like sorry or accident. 

• Like 1

I have always worn a tee shirt and boxer shorts dining in the  MDR.   How do they know what I am wearing under my clothing?  🤔  

Am I supposed to go Commando?

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:28 AM, dkjretired said:

Just so you know you can't delete a post on your own, only the moderators can do that.  The only thing you can do is edit and wipe out everything you wrote and leave a comment like sorry or accident. 

Actually, there is a little more important information about post deleting and editing everyone needs to know.

The following used to be a Sticky by the Community Manager LauraS on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-using-the-forums-check-here/ before last year's switch from vBulletin software to Invision Community software:

Can I Have My Post(s) Deleted? Edited?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1008748-can-i-have-my-posts-deleted-edited/?tab=comments#comment-20018963

Can You Remove My Post?

We will only be able to remove your post if it contains personal information (real last name, home address, or phone number). Please be sure to include a LINK (web address) to the posting as well as your Cruise Critic user name, the subject line of the post in question and the forum in which you posted and send to help@cruisecritic.com from your e-mail address of record on your Cruise Critic account. We are unable to remove posts for any other reason.

Can You Remove ALL My Posts?

We cannot remove all your posts from our forums. Please make a conscious decision to participate BEFORE you post.

Can My Post Be Edited Please?

Posts will ONLY be edited if they contain personal information. Note that we have provided a reasonable period of time in which to edit your postings. Please include a LINK (web address) to the posting and send to help@cruisecritic.com from your e-mail address of record on your Cruise Critic account.

We will need the link to the thread/posting to be able to provide the above service.

Please note help@cruisecritic.com will only remove posts with personal information.

Also, a member has only about 15 to 20 minutes to edit their post once it posts. After the time-limit expires, the Edit feature disappears and a member will no longer be able to edit their post.

And again, help@cruisecritic.com will only edit posts with personal information.

Hope this additional information will be helpful to all.

Edited by TxCityKat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!