WANTED: 5-night to Key West AND Half Moon Cay

GaNavy

Hey Carnival! I know you read these threads, how about a 5-nighter from Port Canaveral that goes to both Key West and HMC, instead of just one or the other (as Ecstasy is scheduled to do starting in November)?

You offer it, and I'm goin'. Anybody else?

Hey Carnival! I know you read these threads, how about a 5-nighter from Port Canaveral that goes to both Key West and HMC, instead of just one or the other (as Ecstasy is scheduled to do starting in November)?

No thanks. I'd take two days at HMC though!

I'm just not a big fan of calling a several hour stop at a Florida town a "Carribean or Bahamian cruise port".

I actually wish they would do Grand Turk and Half Moon! I love Key West but there is something wrong about taking a cruise to an island you can drive to! I also hate that they do such early visits. Most of the boats are out of there by 3pm. Half the fun of Key West is the bars on Duval.

I actually wish they would do Grand Turk and Half Moon! I love Key West but there is something wrong about taking a cruise to an island you can drive to! I also hate that they do such early visits. Most of the boats are out of there by 3pm. Half the fun of Key West is the bars on Duval.

Destiny out of Miami does this with Nassau as well.

After hearing so many people say they love Half Moon Cay, I'd be up for it - I love Key West and I love the private islands!

we'll be on the same Nov. 7th sailing on the Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral..very excited...but still can't seem to book any excursions for this sailing as yet...are you having trouble with that also...

Just realized you said key west....our Nov. 7th sailing on the Ecstasy is sechduled for freeport, nassau and HMC...not Key West... what's up with that:confused:

Count me in. I loved Key West when I stopped there in November 2010 and I hear HMC is gorgeous. I'm hoping to plan my next cruise there sometime 2012.

Just realized you said key west....our Nov. 7th sailing on the Ecstasy is sechduled for freeport, nassau and HMC...not Key West... what's up with that:confused:

The Ecstasy 5 day alternates Key West and HMC every other trip. Just like the Fascination 5 day out of Jax.

The Ecstasy 5 day alternates Key West and HMC every other trip. Just like the Fascination 5 day out of Jax.

Well I'm booked on the Ecstasy 5 day on Nov. 7th.....and it's not going to Key West....so just a little confused right now.

Well I'm booked on the Ecstasy 5 day on Nov. 7th.....and it's not going to Key West....so just a little confused right now.

The 5 day after yours (Nov. 12) goes to Key West. They alternate, HMC one trip, then Key west the next.

Looks like Ecstasy does 2-5 day cruises and 1 4 day cruise every 2 weeks (14 days). That means after Nov 12 to Key West, they do a Bahamas 4 day. Then they go back to a 5 day HMC, followed by a 5 day Key West. Get it? :)

The 5 day after yours (Nov. 12) goes to Key West. They alternate, HMC one trip, then Key west the next.

Looks like Ecstasy does 2-5 day cruises and 1 4 day cruise every 2 weeks (14 days). That means after Nov 12 to Key West, they do a Bahamas 4 day. Then they go back to a 5 day HMC, followed by a 5 day Key West. Get it? :)

Thanks for the info....guess I misunderstood question...a little relieved right now:rolleyes:

Okay, here's the poop.

Nov 7 and 21...Freeport, Nassau, HMC.

Nov 12 and 26...Key West (from noon to 8 P.M.!),Nassau, Freeport

Nov 17 and Dec 1...Nassau, Freeport

I'm going for Nov 26 for Key West, they are better hours than most cruises offer. Would be nicer to see Key West after dark though and see it transform into a glowing place.

• 1 year later...
Okay, here's the poop.

Nov 7 and 21...Freeport, Nassau, HMC.

Nov 12 and 26...Key West (from noon to 8 P.M.!),Nassau, Freeport

Nov 17 and Dec 1...Nassau, Freeport

I'm going for Nov 26 for Key West, they are better hours than most cruises offer. Would be nicer to see Key West after dark though and see it transform into a glowing place.

By November 26 it will be dark at 6:00 pm so you'll get to see a little bit of the night lights.

I don't get why Nassau HAS to be included in EVERY Bahamas itinerary. I would also be more inclined to book an HMC-KW itinerary.

No thanks. I'd take two days at HMC though!

I'm just not a big fan of calling a several hour stop at a Florida town a "Carribean or Bahamian cruise port".

I'm on board with you about the 2 days at HMC, this way if we don't make it one day we have another shot at it.

Port Canaveral is the closest port to our home, but we rarely sail from there because we don't like the Bahamas port stops. Would much rather drive to Tampa and do Cozumel and GC for a short cruise. When Inspiration was in Tampa, it was great. I've seen reviews of the Paradise and until it gets some upgrades, like the Serenity area, we won't be sailing her!

If Port Canaveral did a HMC, Key West itinerary, we'd be all over it. Yes, you can drive to Key West, but it's a long drive from central FL and I'd much rather cruise there!!

I wish they'd stop going to Nassau and Freeport...we don't choose ships with those stops! I'd take Key West over the Bahamas any day!!

Archived