Our Cruise on Snake in the Grass,ah, Splendor in the Grass, no, Splendour of the Seas

I'm getting fired, and it's all SailorJack's fault. His review made me laugh so loudly that my supervisor came over and found out I was reading it instead of working....

Hats off to you, SailorJack! Another wonderful review! I'm hoping we end up on the same ship one day, and if we do, I will buy a bottle of champagne to share with you and the lovely SailorJill!

As ever, pure quality.

Interesting, amusing, self depracating.

Jill must be an astonishing lady to hold on to Sailor Jack for so long.

Would love to cruise with you and sit on the same table if your verbal communication is half as eloqent as your writing skills

I highly recommend reading his Dream/Nightmare review. :D

Thanks for the recommendation! I am laughing/crying all over again! :D

"We had actually made it a mile or so out to sea before we rear-ended the Suzuki Grand Vitara."

Classic!!!!! A MUST read!

Jack.....It HAS been a long time! As always......loved your review.

For those of you reading SailorJack's review for the first time......I highly suggest that you look up his other ones. You will not be disappointed!

Thanks so much!

Depending upon the picture you post, I could see increasing the offer to at least 11 goats, but only if the picture is clearly high resolution and unaltered.

Please note I am married, and this would purely be for household help. This is a very generous offer as I usually pay no more than 8 goats.

Edited by bbbearden

SailorJack, I have one question. When did SailorJill wear her "I Married an Idiot" T-shirt on this cruise? Or does she now have multiple copies to wear every day.;)

For those of you new to the delights of a SailorJack review, I recommend reading all of them, but definitely start with Dream or Nightmare!

This is the reason I cruise. The people you meet along the way. Some of them enjoy their journey (and a few drinks) more than others?

Thanks for your entertaining account of what sounds like was a great trip with beautiful ports...and a lot of mountain climbing. I think you and your wife are now ready to scale Mt. Everest? ;)

The next best thing to being on a cruise is reading a SailorJack review. Keep cruising good sir.

I highly recommend reading his Dream/Nightmare review. :D

When's the next cruise? And any observations on the ship itself? ;)

Glad you enjoyed it.

The Dream cruise actually turned out to be one of our favorites and it was my second review. If you were going to plan a cruise that fit my style of humor, one couldn't have drawn up a better one - just a little bit of everything happened during those two weeks.:D

Next cruise is on the Diamond Princess in October. Singapore to Sydney. Really looking forward to that one.

As to the Splendour, she is a grand old lady but is showing her age. I have not a single complaint about the ship. She is, as I understand it, due for drydock later this year for reburbishment and the addition of more public rooms - I think more specialty restaurants. (Somebody who knows more about this might add more - or correct me if I am wrong.) I like the size of the ship as I prefer smaller to bigger.

As you know from my reviews, I don't usually comment on the service, food, and entertainment on a ship because these things are usually so dependent upon personal perspectives and because they can change from sailing to sailing. For example, on our cruise they changed Chef (and Captain)in Athens and the new chef made major changes (according to our waiter) in the menu. Thankfully, they kept the same dessert chef!!

Thanks for your comments.

Oh my goodness. . .You know something is funny if you are alone and you can't stop laughing and you keep looking around for someone to share this with! Thank you for a great start to my day! Julie

Now that is funny...I am glad you enjoyed it.

I'm getting fired, and it's all SailorJack's fault. His review made me laugh so loudly that my supervisor came over and found out I was reading it instead of working....

Hats off to you, SailorJack! Another wonderful review! I'm hoping we end up on the same ship one day, and if we do, I will buy a bottle of champagne to share with you and the lovely SailorJill!

LOL! You have obviously got my number - I will even work:eek: for free champagne (or beer)!

As ever, pure quality.

Interesting, amusing, self depracating.

Jill must be an astonishing lady to hold on to Sailor Jack for so long.

Would love to cruise with you and sit on the same table if your verbal communication is half as eloqent as your writing skills

Thank-you. Jill is an astonishing woman for putting up with me for so long! Would love to share a table with you! Our next cruise is on the Diamond Princess in November and staterooms are still available.;)

And my thanks to all the others who have so generously have taken the time to comment. I appreciate them all. Thank you.

Jack

Back in my day Split was called RIJEKA and was a time warp back to the sixth century under Tito. The beverage of choice was a prune brandy. I still have huge gaps in my memory and violent flashbacks. At the entrance to the harbor are two islands, named KRK and RAT. Go figure.

LOL! You have obviously got my number - I will even work:eek: for free champagne (or beer)!

Jack, have you considered a Canada/New England cruise next fall?;) You could hit up both RoofingPrincess and I for payment in champagne (or beer).:p