Who should I tell about this?

okwriter

Two friends and I returned from an Ecstasy cruise in early May (my third, their second). We had a GREAT time, and I love being one step closer to Platinum. :D

If I had received a comment card, I'd have plenty of praise to go around, and there was one *issue* that I want to pass along to someone. I didn't mention it to any of the crew on the cruise because I think if they could have remedied it, they would have. So I wonder if this just needs pointed out to someone with the authority ($$) to address the situation? :confused:

The three of us are HUGE coffee drinkers. I typically ordered my own pot through room service early in the morning and drank it while my friends slept in. Then after they got up, we ordered another two pots. I think we even ordered a pot one or two evenings from room service. Although delivered promptly every time, I'd say 4 out of 5 carafes came without a lid/spout, which keeps the coffee hot and allows you to pour it without making a huge mess. They were instead delivered with a little serving dish stuck in the top (think butter dipping cup on lobster night).

P5030235.jpg

Before anyone pounces, this did NOT ruin my cruise, and I don't want a refund or future cruise discount. But I DO want to pass my comment along to someone who can perhaps remedy this. In light of all that has happened in Oklahoma and Missouri the past few days, I feel like a whiner for even bringing this up. But I feel compelled to because it struck me as being---well, tacky.

So what I'm asking is: who should I contact about this? Guest relations in Miami? My PVP (in hopes he could pass it along to someone)? Other suggestions?

Tell your PVP and they can probably direct the comment to someone specific in Guest Services.

I'm with you on it being something small - but a lot of the carafes do come "broken" lately (cracked, etc.) - so it is just something corporate should be aware of.

I'm with you on not wanting anything - sometimes, you just want to let them know of something like that since we all want them to succeed and look awesome to everyone!

Happy Cruising!

My DH & I were on the Ecstasy first part of April, and all but once, was the coffee pot delivered with the condiment lid...

Perhaps this was to keep the pots from being kept by the cruisers...either for personal usage during the cruise, or to keep from being "packed".

It was actually no biggie...coffee stayed hot.

Lisa

Why not address this to John Heald, the Senior Cruise Director? He should at least know who to contact regarding this. If you are on FaceBook, you can become his "friend" and address it like that or go on his part of the Carnival Cruise Line website....:)

Thanks for the quick replies and for the confirmation (crdtrnr) that it wasn't just our particular sailing. I've never had it happen on other ships, so maybe it is only on the Ecstasy?

I actually prefer *gulping temperature* coffee rather than hot, so that wasn't as much of an issue for me as trying to pour out of of the dang thing without making a horrible mess! :)

I will follow up with one or more of these suggestions in hopes that someone can perhaps address it.

Thanks!

Why not address this to John Heald, the Senior Cruise Director? He should at least know who to contact regarding this. If you are on FaceBook, you can become his "friend" and address it like that or go on his part of the Carnival Cruise Line website....:)

yes. add coffee lid compliance to his tasks of opening balcony partitions, opening safes, and arranging table two tops.

This is the security lock on the Mariner of the Seas. Yes, we were locked on the balcony. :eek:

Lucky for us, we had not set sail yet and the cabin was on the terminal side.

My wife joined me on the balcony and slid the door closed. Walla!! Security lock locked us out.

The striker was missing a screw and loose. There is a pin that got caught up in the striker.

We yelled down to the security people (we were on deck 7) and after about 45 minutes the Head Cabin Steward arrived to rescue us.

I explained what happened and she said maintenance would be there ASAP. Well maintenance never arrived so I used the trusty Duct Tape to hold the security pin where it wouldn't enguage.

Made a note on the comment card at the end of the cruise.

Was quite unsettling at the time, but now we look back and laugh. :D

Something that'll never be forgotten.

Fullscreen%20capture%205252011%20101941%20AM.bmp.jpg

yes. add coffee lid compliance to his tasks of opening balcony partitions, opening safes, and arranging table two tops.

Perfect, LOL

And don't forget the religious fanatics and people that don't like getting rained on that he has had to deal with lately.

:(

I don't know what is tackier...that they use THAT as the lid or that they do it because the coffee servers are being stolen. :rolleyes:

I seriously hope that isn't the case...

Two friends and I returned from an Ecstasy cruise in early May (my third, their second). We had a GREAT time, and I love being one step closer to Platinum. :D

If I had received a comment card, I'd have plenty of praise to go around, and there was one *issue* that I want to pass along to someone. I didn't mention it to any of the crew on the cruise because I think if they could have remedied it, they would have. So I wonder if this just needs pointed out to someone with the authority ($$) to address the situation? :confused:

The three of us are HUGE coffee drinkers. I typically ordered my own pot through room service early in the morning and drank it while my friends slept in. Then after they got up, we ordered another two pots. I think we even ordered a pot one or two evenings from room service. Although delivered promptly every time, I'd say 4 out of 5 carafes came without a lid/spout, which keeps the coffee hot and allows you to pour it without making a huge mess. They were instead delivered with a little serving dish stuck in the top (think butter dipping cup on lobster night).

P5030235.jpg

Before anyone pounces, this did NOT ruin my cruise, and I don't want a refund or future cruise discount. But I DO want to pass my comment along to someone who can perhaps remedy this. In light of all that has happened in Oklahoma and Missouri the past few days, I feel like a whiner for even bringing this up. But I feel compelled to because it struck me as being---well, tacky.

So what I'm asking is: who should I contact about this? Guest relations in Miami? My PVP (in hopes he could pass it along to someone)? Other suggestions?

Don't sweat the small stuff

I would be thinking I wouldnt tell anyone since they probably know and either cant buy the lids separate to replace those that broke, or just dont want to replace them at this time. The type of thing they would do during drydock perhaps? hopefully?

This is a quality issue and it is the type of thing I think the Brand Ambassador should be aware of. JMO.

Firefly, if Carnival wants to succumb to the "party cruise/low rent" stereotype that some people believe- they can keep serving the coffee with condiment lids. If they want to rise above and be the cruise line we know they can be- they will replace those coffee pots as soon as they return to port. And I would bet they can replace the lids/tops without buying a whole new pot. That's too minor to wait for a drydock. However, at least they put the condiment lids in there to TRY to hold the heat and keep the coffee from spilling all over someone and getting sued.

I would be thinking I wouldnt tell anyone since they probably know and either cant buy the lids separate to replace those that broke, or just dont want to replace them at this time. The type of thing they would do during drydock perhaps? hopefully?

I am not so sure that the right people know....

Makes Carnival look crappy, IMO...

P5030235.jpg

Beside being tacky this could be a safety concern - imagine fumbling that wide open carafe and having hot coffee all over you.

Still reading through your comments, and I appreciate them. I think John&John nailed it: the right people don't know or it would have been remedied. That's why I wondered who you all thought "the right person" would be.

Thanks! :)

My best guess is that the tops are removed purposefully because they can be difficult to clean and will become unsanitary after one or two uses. If you have one of these carafes at home, and look at the lid, you will see that is should be taken apart to be cleaned well. It is probably much more sanitary, much easier to clean, and probably a great time and labor saver to simply remove the lids and replace them with easy to clean utensils.

My best guess is that the tops are removed purposefully because they can be difficult to clean and will become unsanitary after one or two uses. If you have one of these carafes at home, and look at the lid, you will see that is should be taken apart to be cleaned well. It is probably much more sanitary, much easier to clean, and probably a great time and labor saver to simply remove the lids and replace them with easy to clean utensils.

Industrial strength dish soap and a dishwasher takes care of that over the better part of the country.

Archived