WOW... Upgrade from Mini Suite to PH Suite

Janet Foster

They did that for us, but our upgrade was only $299 per person. Same deal...from an Emerald Mini to a Penthouse suite. I thought it was a great deal. I'm not sure I'd feel the same way about $699. Just to give you something else to consider...the Penthouse suite on the Golden had a pillowtop mattress. Best sleep I've had on Princess cruise.

I enjoyed my upgrade on Princess several years ago to a full suite from a very middle of the road category, but if they're not selling out cabins then they should just continue to upgrade all of us. Yet another of their money making schemes. I know, I know, all the other cruise lines already charge for upgrades, I know that for a fact, but Princess was special, until they started acting up recently

They did that for us, but our upgrade was only $299 per person. Same deal...from an Emerald Mini to a Penthouse suite. I thought it was a great deal. I'm not sure I'd feel the same way about $699. Just to give you something else to consider...the Penthouse suite on the Golden had a pillowtop mattress. Best sleep I've had on Princess cruise.

I would jump at the $299pp upgrade from our AC mini to a PH on the Ruby on the 19th. Alas though, I wwas checking the website a couple of days ago and all suites and minis showed sold out.....:(:(:(

Bob

I wish the upgrade fairy would sprinkle some of that generous fairy dust on us for my 50th birthday cruise. I am bringing 18 other people along, you would think she would like to show some good PR to get them all to want to book again! :D

We have a AA Mini Dead Center on our upcoming Hawaii Nov 9th Cruise and would Love an Upgrade to a PH.....Guess We Can Always Wish...:)

Hasnt happened Yet though and I never get my hopes up...:rolleyes:

Yahtzee....Sounds like a "record" of some sorts to me. Never heard of a better one. Must have been one HOT Upgrade Fairy. Gives me hope, we have 2 mini's on Pacific (Holy Land) 15 Nov with all suites empty :eek:

When Princess started the upsell last week for the 5 PH suites for $699. each I did call and tell them we would pass but if they didn't sell all of them we would give up our emerald mini for one. Yesterday they showed all booked. There are still 2 OS on Sun deck. Looks like "free" upgrades will be a thing of the past? We are still happy with our mini.

Archived