All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

The only thing that was new is last year in our suite we had old tv, this year it was flat screen. No movie screen by the pool, same old furniture in the rooms. Infact the rails outside the balconys from the room were all worn. Still had a great cruise, lol.

One thing I have to say, doesnt matter what kind of tv you have they dont show anything worth watching, lol.

Hi. Just got an email from RCI which advertised the Explorer as "Newly Revitalized" with upgraded staterooms with flat screen tv's and more. They also stated an outdoor poolside LED movie screen.:eek: Anyone seen these upgrades? I know we had a flat screen tv in our room last year.

they have had flat screens here and there for a few years...

as for the movie screen...that will come with the Royal Advantage upgrade which is not until 2014 i think....

We're sailing on EOS in September to Bermuda, while we cruise each year to Bermuda this will be the first (DH) on EOS.

I always bring a case of water on carnival or ncl and it is allowed. I check it with my luggage. Can the same be done on EOS ?

I know I sound boring but that's pretty much all I drink. No soda, no iced teac etc.. Can we bring non alcoholic beer onboard ? Holland America is great with that.

We got a GREAT rate for this sailing and we'll be in an inside (so used to balconies) but hey ! I was impressed that RCCL price was lower than NCL to Bermuda. Competition . Works for us . I'm also thrilled RCCL decided to do the 7 night runs to BDA.

I always wanted my DH to see the differrence on a BIG ship and now he will.

I sailed EOS out of Miami about 8 years back and am looking forward to coming back and seeing whats changed. I honestly can't remember much from when I sailed her last.

This is a great thread , glad I found it.

We always take a case of water with us on EOS or any cruise along with a cooler. The last cruise we went on we put the cooler on the balcony and our cabin attendant kept it filled with ice. It was a December cruise and our beverages were always cold.

I wrap duct tape around it and slap a luggage tag on it and it is in our cabin with the rest of our luggage.

Enjoy you trip/

I was on the explorer last week and i didnt see any refurbished rooms, we had a balcony cabin on deck 10 and that did not have a flat screen tv. it was a little dated and the bed was firm the least comfortable i have slept on - brilliance and adventure were very comfortable, this was disapointing but didnt spoil the cruise in anyway. we had a great time 8 night cruise had 2 formal nights.

so called RCCL to ask a question and customer service person asked if we have ever checked for an upgrade, she checked and we where upgraded to Promenade room on deck 8, anybody have any info on these on EOS???? Size or pic...are they super loud? is it one way glass? :confused::eek:

so called RCCL to ask a question and customer service person asked if we have ever checked for an upgrade, she checked and we where upgraded to Promenade room on deck 8, anybody have any info on these on EOS???? Size or pic...are they super loud? is it one way glass? :confused::eek:

It's definitely two-way glass--people on the promenade can see in, so make sure you shut the blinds when you're changing!

http://www.voyager-class.com/

This website has EVERYTHING you need to know, plus see about each ship in the voyager class. In this case look at the information for Explorer of the seas, and they will have pictures of the promenade state rooms.

Enjoy your trip!

Hi guys. My first post!

Been reading the thread as I go on explorer this Saturday April 21st!

I'm wondering how upgrades work and if anyone has any tips for a mid April cruise on this ship!

I'm going to continue to read the forum, you guys seem to have a great community

To METS550

I just came off the Explorer of Seas and was offered the free Promenade cabin on deck 8...I took it but was really lucky!!!!

First off check if it's a connector room. If it is decline it and ask for a room that is not a connector. You can hear everything.. Low TV sound and all the voices...

Somehow the people in the connector had a no show but the attendant still cleaned the cabin..Heard him do everything like there wasn't even a wall up!

You can hear the Latin band until around 12:30.

Very convenient since it's in the middle of the ship.

would never pay the $250 extra.

To METS550

I just came off the Explorer of Seas and was offered the free Promenade cabin on deck 8...I took it but was really lucky!!!!

First off check if it's a connector room. If it is decline it and ask for a room that is not a connector. You can hear everything.. Low TV sound and all the voices...

Somehow the people in the connector had a no show but the attendant still cleaned the cabin..Heard him do everything like there wasn't even a wall up!

You can hear the Latin band until around 12:30.

Very convenient since it's in the middle of the ship.

would never pay the $250 extra.

I think you mean "free upgrade" rather than a free cabin.

MARAPRINCE

we got this upgrade by calling rccl and asking if their where any upgrades, and they offered deck 8 mid ships csr said it would be much quiter than the lower PR cabins....we'll see....:confused:

Question for those with children who used adventure ocean. We've been on EoS several times before but don't remember which nights AO does Johnny Rockets with the kids. I'd like to reserve a night at Portafinos before we board to get the date/time we want, but want our reservation to coincide with the AO Johnny Rockets. If anyone knows, your input is greatly appreciated.

For reference purposes, we are sailing the 9-nighter sailing July 5th.

Go on RC home page and sign up, add your reservation number and it will have all the info. that you want. You can sign up for special restaurant and or Mystery Dinner, Wine package, juice, soda etc. You could plan excursions and book.;) Also I would sign up for Crown and Ancor.

We just did a 11 nighter in March on the EOS and we had no problems.

1)No smell on the ship that we noticed. We were on Deck 9 and friends on Deck 8 & 10.

2)We had a Jr suite w/ a flat screen TV and the carpet looked new and the couches and chairs were spotless like they were just upholstered. Our friends balcony cabin has flat screens too. The only wear we saw was on the balcony railing but was no problem.

3)The Jade is the back part of the WJ and it does have some different selections. I noticed that there were always different soups there and some different carving meats.

4)MDR-we had Anytime Dining and we made a 6:45 reservation for most nights except for 3. I would suggest you make your reservations on line in advance because if you wait till the on board there is usually really early or late left. We enjoyed the food, it is like a wedding, mass produced and yes there is lobster still. We ate @ Portofinos twice and one time was just ok and the other was very good.

5)Boarding was simple too and no crowds.

We have rebooked again for next Feb 2013, so you can tell we had no problems!

We will be on EOS at the end of September with about 30 people in our group. This is my first cruise, and I'm wondering when/how I can make plans/reservations/excursion requests before we board.

Thanks!

With regards to show reservations, the ice shows can't be reserved a head of time, it's a first come first served ticket distribution, usually held at 730pm the day before the first show. With regards to excursions, your best bet is to do your research on the ports of call board/forum on cruise critic for the individual ports that your sailing will be visiting. Follow the advice of other posters, check out websites for those excursions that look appealing to you and book independently. You will save money 90% of the time by booking a tour on your own instead of through the ship. Why travel with 50-60 people on a bus and pay 65 dollars for a tour, when you can travel with 10-15 in a van and pay 40?

Feel lucky, you know about Cruise Critic before your first cruise, only a small percentage of people were lucky enough to be in the same situation that you are now in. :)