Are there Laundromats on HAL ships?

PASSENGERES

Noordam does not have laundry machines for use by guests.

The ship offers laundry packages that many find to be affordable and are pleased with the service. We think the laundry/dry cleaning service on the ships is very good. I'm careful what I send out though. :)

We will be doing a 20 day Mediterranean cruise in August and would be interested to know if the Noordam has laundromats and ironing facilities for passengers' use. If so, on which deck/s? Anyone know?

I don't believe the Noordam had a laundry when we were on board. Not a big deal. HAL has a great laundry package that you can purchase by the piece, by the bag or for the entire cruise. Quite reasonable and, besides who wants to do laundry while they are on a cruise:D

Sorry -- the Noordam does not have self-service laundries.

You have a choice of sending laundry out "By The Bag" -- $20 per bag for as much as you stuff in it -- the bags not real big.

There is also "Unlimited" Laundry -- you need to call HAL and get the pricing for your cruise.

The lack of self-service laundries on the Signature and Vista Class ships is a pet peeve of mine. While certainly not a deal breaker with the lack of these facilities, it would certainly help me in my packing to reduce the number of sport shirts I pack. I am very picky about my sport shirts and do not want to trust them to the ship's laundry with hot wash and hot dry the only option.

The first time we used the ship's laundry service was on the Oosterdam for a 19 day Panama Canal. I was initially concerned because I have many things I normally wash in the delicate cycle, and was afraid these might be damaged. However, everything came back perfectly--in some cases better than when we arrived, so I am a convert.

Even on sea days, I can think of better uses of my time than running to find an empty washer or watch my clothes. Some people spring for spa services or meals at the Pinnacle Grill. I'll get my laundry done.

The following ships do NOT have Self Serve Laundry machines and dryers.

Zuiderdam

OOsterdam

Westerdam

Noordam

Eurodam

Nieuw Amsterdam

The following ships DO have self serve laundry machines and dryers:

Statendam

Maasdam

Veendam

Ryndam

Rotterdam

Volendam

Zaandam

Amsterdam

I am not sure about the Prisendam.

Himself

Zuiderdam

OOsterdam

Westerdam

Noordam

Eurodam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Statendam

Maasdam

Veendam

Ryndam

Rotterdam

Volendam

Zaandam

Amsterdam

Himself

The Prinsendam does have them and I understand they're the only ones on HAL that don't require coins.

Roy

The lack of self-service laundries on the Signature and Vista Class ships is a pet peeve of mine. While certainly not a deal breaker with the lack of these facilities, it would certainly help me in my packing to reduce the number of sport shirts I pack. I am very picky about my sport shirts and do not want to trust them to the ship's laundry with hot wash and hot dry the only option.

My dh is also very fussy about his shirts. We use the laundry services all the time and have been very pleased. The dry cleaning service on HAL is as good as if not better than what we have at home as well:D

We will be doing a 20 day Mediterranean cruise in August and would be interested to know if the Noordam has laundromats and ironing facilities for passengers' use. If so, on which deck/s? Anyone know?

Many thanks for all the replies. It's great to have this info in advance and we can pack accordingly. Happy to hear there's a decent laundry service.

Zuiderdam

OOsterdam

Westerdam

Noordam

Eurodam

Nieuw Amsterdam

Statendam

Maasdam

Veendam

Ryndam

Rotterdam

Volendam

Zaandam

Amsterdam

Himself

Thanks for that info

My dh is also very fussy about his shirts. We use the laundry services all the time and have been very pleased. The dry cleaning service on HAL is as good as if not better than what we have at home as well:D

Thank you for this information, kazu! On my next cruise, I will experiment with a shirt I won't worry about if it comes back a few sizes smaller than when it was sent to the laundry.

I prefer to do my own laundry on a cruise. That way I don't have to bring as much with me and I can go home with very little laundry.

I prefer to have them take care of my laundry for me on a cruise. That way I don't have to bring as much and I can go home with very little laundry.

It also allows me more time to enjoy my cruise, rather than spending it doing domestic work.

• 3 months later...
I prefer to have them take care of my laundry for me on a cruise. That way I don't have to bring as much and I can go home with very little laundry.

It also allows me more time to enjoy my cruise, rather than spending it doing domestic work.

We are sailing on the Statendam and are happy to hear about the self serve laundry. We have sailed on the Eurodam and used the $20 bag both times and found we were able to stuff lots in and got the laundry back the same day. If we do have self service and it is free than I may try it in March.

We are sailing on the Statendam ...

If we do have self service and it is free than I may try it in March.

As posted above, there is self-service laundry on the Statendam, but it is not free. It's $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry. Detergent is provided, though.

Only the Prinsendam has no charge for the laundries.

As posted above, there is self-service laundry on the Statendam, but it is not free. It's $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry. Detergent is provided, though.

Only the Prinsendam has no charge for the laundries.

Ruth C....thanks for the clarification..$3 is still not too bad. I may try it.

Archived