*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Yes, thanks. Have visited that site several times to see about happenings during our stay and a map to see distances/locations of some attractions.

What are some "local" perspectives regarding Moody Gardens and The Strand? More interested in The Strand at this point.

One of the best examples of Iron Facade architecture in the US, the shops for the most part are tourism related. 25th and Strand was the headquarters for the Santa Fe Railroad which contains an excellent museum that I believe has reopened after IKe.

http://www.thestrand.com/

We do not need snow, I've put the pillow cases back on the Papayas!!:mad:

Sigh.... I have day surgery tomorrow to take out a kidney stone that just won't pass after two weeks. :( A fun filled day ahead for me. Oh well, got to get better as my cruise on Mariner is not far away.:)

Hope all goes well. DW has a minor procedure tomorrow morning as well. About to go to bed since I think I have to get up at 5am...get up super early compared to my normal schedule...get DW to her spot, back for DD to get her to carpool pick up.

Cold rain here right now. No snow or sleet so far...

Sleet and a dusting of snow = the roads are a mess this morning!

Is there some kind of accessory in all our vehicles that once we get the slightest bit of snow or sleet, it automatically sucks the brains out of North Texans?

Actually appreciate the weather....53 days until Mariner.

I just finished walking the dogs before Dave's rains reach the coast, as it's 100% chance today with a high of 66. It looks like a pretty mild week ahead, so I've pulled off the frost guard and uncovered the Papayas.

Thoughts and prayers on the medicals today hope everything comes out all right, no pun intended.

WOW I had to dig our post out of a few days of posts. LOL I just wanted to tell you local Houston area people. I have a few Rodeo Houston shows for sale if anyone is looking for tickets. No Zac Brown but I have Alabama and a few otheres. If your interested let me know.

Everyone good luck with medical issues!

Not fun!

Rodeo!

Yes!!!! Zac is in demand!

Are you going?

We will be there!

What do you have!

We may need a couple of Alabama! And Others!

Jason Aldean, ZZ, Big time Rush, Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert,Alan Jackson

Where are yours?

We have - 339 club

do you have any on club

Perhaps trade some and combine and coop selling! Thats why I need some of above!

whats you email?

And that's not all! Somehow I am now being diagnosed with AFIB! Had a palpatation episode Thurs.(BP was 145/107!:eek: and went in to a cardiologist who put me on Multaq, Pradaxa and Bystolic immediatley! Tomorrow I go to have a stress test among others! He says my heart is strong and valves are good and that this can be controlled with the meds:p

And that's not all! Somehow I am now being diagnosed with AFIB! Had a palpatation episode Thurs.(BP was 145/107!:eek: and went in to a cardiologist who put me on Multaq, Pradaxa and Bystolic immediatley! Tomorrow I go to have a stress test among others! He says my heart is strong and valves are good and that this can be controlled with the meds:p

Good luck with tests and hope meds will do trick!!

Sounds like you need a cruise!

Becci--hope you are doing better & the meds keep it under control. This is why we cruise so much--you just never know! Take care girl!

Everyone good luck with medical issues!

Not fun!

Rodeo!

Yes!!!! Zac is in demand!

Are you going?

We will be there!

What do you have!

We may need a couple of Alabama! And Others!

Jason Aldean, ZZ, Big time Rush, Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert,Alan Jackson

Where are yours?

We have - 339 club

do you have any on club

Perhaps trade some and combine and coop selling! Thats why I need some of above!

whats you email?

I have 4 Alabama and they are my bosses. He makes me sell them. They are club level section 352 row B. They are $60 a pair and if I need to mail them I just need you to pay the shipping.

My goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about everybody's procedures and illnesses...hope everything went well for all today, and Becci, I hope the new meds do the trick!

I booked Mariner for April 2013 this afternoon. I have been back and forth between the Crown and the Mariner for a couple months. I actually had the Crown booked when they first announced the Galveston sailings, and cancelled after my mom had a horrendous cruise on the Caribbean Princess. In the end, it came down to price. A midship mini-suite on the Crown was the same price as a GS on the Mariner, but the mini-suite doesn't come with suite perks and the balcony isn't covered. I'm still not sure we'll keep the reservation...when we're on the Mariner next month I may look and see if anything else excites me for a fairly easy trip next spring. I'm toying with driving to New Orleans for the Navigator.

DW is doing well, procedure was about 25% shorter than planned and I had her home nearly 2 hours ahead of when we expected to have her back home.

She has been up and around some this evening so is doing quite well.

Glad to see the rain as we had 0.90" at the ranch today which is probably about 3x what we got here in West Houston...

Getting closer to have all 3 key ponds full...the pond in the trap area will take lots more rain to fill up due to low amounts of drainage into that pond.

Cindy, seems that the pricing for Navigator makes it a far more economical option to sailing from Galveston during the holidays or Spring Break.

DW is doing well, procedure was about 25% shorter than planned and I had her home nearly 2 hours ahead of when we expected to have her back home.

She has been up and around some this evening so is doing quite well.

Glad to see the rain as we had 0.90" at the ranch today which is probably about 3x what we got here in West Houston...

Getting closer to have all 3 key ponds full...the pond in the trap area will take lots more rain to fill up due to low amounts of drainage into that pond.

Cindy, seems that the pricing for Navigator makes it a far more economical option to sailing from Galveston during the holidays or Spring Break.

Yes it is, except I won't have to travel during the holidays or Spring Break after June!

There's about a $200 per person difference between the two cruises. Same itinerary, but the Navigator is the beginning of March and the Mariner is mid-April. I'm trying to make sure I avoid the very crowded school break sailings!:) I'm just not sure we really save anything when you figure in a six hour drive plus hotel. I'm just going to keep my eye on it and see if either option drops any lower. I expect Galveston pricing to be competitive next year due to the number of options.

Yes it is, except I won't have to travel during the holidays or Spring Break after June!

There's about a $200 per person difference between the two cruises. Same itinerary, but the Navigator is the beginning of March and the Mariner is mid-April. I'm trying to make sure I avoid the very crowded school break sailings!:) I'm just not sure we really save anything when you figure in a six hour drive plus hotel. I'm just going to keep my eye on it and see if either option drops any lower. I expect Galveston pricing to be competitive next year due to the number of options.

DD is great, but I do also like cruising with fewer kids aboard as well.

Are you in HISD?

Archived