Tis Himself reporting from the Amsterdam

Himself

VBmom:

I just pulled my notebook from our adventure last year. (oh what memories!)

We went through Seymour on August 10 of last year. Our slack tide time was 05:44 per that website and that was also the time the captain told us we would pass through the evening before. I don't see a note for that day as to when sunrise was, but I can tell you it was light enough to see. We remained on deck for hours. I did take some pictures after we passed Seymour and the shutter was very long and the aperture was open as wide as it would go.

Civil twilight will be about 45 minutes before sunrise.

The whirling pools were visible along much of the passage.

Thank you, I will keep my fingers crossed. I know all ships don't even go this route, so I am excited and hopeful to see this phenomenon.

Father, about how many did you have for the Interdenominational service in Ketchikan?

Thanks

Roy

I think it was 30 or 35. I did not count heads. The Lord told Peter: "Feed my sheep."

He did not say:Count my sheep

Background:

I'm blonde

I've been on CC awhile, but not on the HAL boards much

and

I'm Southern Baptist (we have Pastors and Brothers)

So, I'm reading along and find HIMSELF's post for his cruise. I love live reports...and I'll be on the QM2 next year, so I figure this will be a great thread to follow.

Someone posts: Have a great cruise, Father

Will be boarding in five days

(how sweet, he's checking in with Dad)

Then: have a great cruise, Father

(wow the family that's on CC together, stays together!)

By the time Joanie posted have a great cruise, Father ..... the blonde lightbulb came on.

I read through the next few posts real quick.

Mass. Having a non-denominational service....

DUH

:D :D :D

For Catholics we have Mass. For non-Catholic Christians we have a non-demonintional Christian Service. Jewish people have a service on Friday evening at 5:00 PM

I think it was 30 or 35. I did not count heads. The Lord told Peter: "Feed my sheep."

He did not say:Count my sheep

Thanks. I've sometimes seen as few as 4 or 5. Fortunately, my Sunday on the Rotterdam will be a day at sea and I expect a good turnout.

Roy

Good evening, friends on the Cruise Critic. This was one of the nicest days I have ever seen in Juneau and I have been coming up here since 1997. It was about 78 and not a cloud in the sky. I went up to the Mount Roberts Tramway (some say "Skamway" and the view was beautiful It was a great day to be in Alaska. I stopped in the Alaskan Fudge Company and had some of their delciious Fudge sent to my secrtarys, business manager and my sister.

All in all it was a wonderful day. Hope it was a good day for each of you. Now it will be on to ICY Strait and then a day at Sea before Anckorage.

Tis Himself reporting live from the beautiful and elegant m.s. AMSTERDAM

WoW! Clear sky in Juneau. I guess you have connections. The Tramway is certainly worth it with blue skies!

No fudge for yourself, Himself?? Free samples?? Just a taste? Fess up!;)

You can easily hike up to the top of the tramway, it takes about an hour. Then if you buy $5 worth in the gift shop you can have a free ride down to the bottom.

And you're making me enjoy mine all over again! :)

Father, What is "blue" regarding Juneau?

"Blue" is the nickname of the owner of The Alaskan Fudge Company. He and his wife Deb own the place along with another man named Phil. His son also works for him. The son is a lad in his early twenties

WoW! Clear sky in Juneau. I guess you have connections. The Tramway is certainly worth it with blue skies!

No fudge for yourself, Himself?? Free samples?? Just a taste? Fess up!;)

Not good for the diabetes! The smell of it gets the blood sugar sky high!

What is your definition of "easy?"

Well, it IS uphill after all. I am a grandmother and didn't get winded when I did the hike two years ago. I stopped once to take some photos at a viewpoint. I wouldn't advise the hike if the trail is muddy (like it was last year). It also wouldn't be worth it on a foggy day (no view from the top).

You can easily hike up to the top of the tramway, it takes about an hour. Then if you buy $5 worth in the gift shop you can have a free ride down to the bottom.

You don't have to buy anything at the top and it is still a free ride down. Secondly, you can go up as many times as you want in a day.

At 71 and having had tripple by-pass four years ago, I would pay for the tranmway or as some call it "The Scamway." And what if little old me would run into a bear on that hill?"

It reminds me of a story of the athiest who ran into a bear and asked God to help him.

God reminded him of his atheism and the athist said "Then, please make him a Christian".

Go oblidged and made the bear a Christian. The Bear then knelt down and bowed his head and prayed: "Bless us O Lord, and these thy gifts which we are about to recieve from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen!"

Himself, thanks for sharing, DW and I are booked on the Amsterdam for the July 13, 2012, sailing, really looking forward to our 2nd cruise to AK.

I hope it goes up on the inside passage. Right now the map indicates that next year it will go up on the Pacific Ocean rather than the inside passage.

I hope it goes up on the inside passage. Right now the map indicates that next year it will go up on the Pacific Ocean rather than the inside passage.

It sure does and that is a big disappointment. For a few brief moments we considered waiting until next year to go on this cruise. So glad we made the decision to go this year. For all cruisers on the next year's itinerary, I do hope they make the change back to the route the Amsterdam took last year and is taking this year.

it sure does and that is a big disappointment. For a few brief moments we considered waiting until next year to go on this cruise. So glad we made the decision to go this year. For all cruisers on the next year's itinerary, i do hope they make the change back to the route the amsterdam took last year and is taking this year.

amen!!!!!

Archived