Eclipse skylounge smoking policy

Michigan honey

Unfortunately yes. The good thing is it is the only indoor smoking area on the ship, so no worry about smoke in any other indoor venue. I just wish they would find a different solution for an indoor smoking location as there are so many activities held in that lounge.

Each if us have varying tolerances of smoke, and I usually agree with Gonzo but in this case, I didn't even realize the Sky Lounge allowed smoking on the port side until I walked by a few puffing away at a few tables. We'd played cards, enjoyed the vistas and so on in the Lounge and wasn't aware of it.

It may get heavier at night and posters have said they were bothered by it, so it does 'depend'.

Den

Unfortunately yes. The good thing is it is the only indoor smoking area on the ship, so no worry about smoke in any other indoor venue. I just wish they would find a different solution for an indoor smoking location as there are so many activities held in that lounge.

I agree with you. It got so bad we didn't go up there very often later in the evening which was a shame as they had a lot of good music and dancing up here. We are dancers so we missed out on a lot because we just couldn't stand the smell. On sea days we often went up there early in the morning to practice and the stale smell was very off putting. mummsie

We are non-smokers. I understand that there is smoking allowed in the Skylounge on the Eclipse on one side of the ship. Does the tobacco smell carry over to the other side? Thanks.

Hi,

Every time I entered the Sky lounge I could smell stale smoke. However, We sat the opposite side from the smoking area - never noticed or bothered by cigarette smoke. The only thing that bothered me was the poor quality of the live group Fusion Wave.

Jim

We are non-smokers. I understand that there is smoking allowed in the Skylounge on the Eclipse on one side of the ship. Does the tobacco smell carry over to the other side? Thanks.

Yes, it smells awful. We had our CC gathering there on the Eclipse and we never went back it was so unpleasant. Shame as it could be a fantastic venue for relaxing.

We are non-smokers and were on the Eclipse last month. We would have spent more time in the Sky Lounge if it hadn't been for the smoking. The entertainment was excellent and we loved the group Fusion Wave, could have listened to them every night!

Add us to the list of people who went to the Sky Lounge once, for about 3 minutes. The smell was everywhere and it was pervasive. Luckily the rest of eh indoor spaces were smoke and smell free.

Hi

I am a non smoker and agree there is a smell of stale smoke when you very first enter but once you are in it is barely noticeable, we really enjoyed sitting at the bar for a pre dinner drink - the views are lovely, and went back later for a little dance. The smokers on one side behind a screen never worried us at all. And we certainly never left with any smell on our clothes. It is a lovely space, perservere and enjoy!

As has been noted many times, smoke in a room is like pee in a pool. It just doesn't stay next to the offender. We also enjoy the dancing in the Sky but it depends on how many smokers as to how long we can stay. We always sit as far away from the smokers as possible. Funny, but it is hard to find seats in that location. It's like on deck, there is always a lounger available next to the smokers area. We were on one ship where smoking was permitted on one side and not on the other. You would have thought the ship would list since the smoking side was practically empty. I wish the Sky was smoke free, it really only takes one smoker to stink up that big room.:(

Michael's Club is used for so many other things -- from trivia to the Elite breakfast, to private parties. A smokey atmosphere in there would not please most loyal X cruisers. I say partition off a portion of the buffet area, aft, adjacent to the outdoor deck, and make that the designated indoor smoking area and make the Observation Lounges 100% smoke free.

Michael's Club is used for so many other things -- from trivia to the Elite breakfast, to private parties. A smokey atmosphere in there would not please most loyal X cruisers. I say partition off a portion of the buffet area, aft, adjacent to the outdoor deck, and make that the designated indoor smoking area and make the Observation Lounges 100% smoke free.

On many ships now the elite breakfast is offered in the specialty restaurant and on some, in the Sky lounge where smoking is allowed. When the afternoon elite lounge is held in Michael's, no smoking is allowed but if there are a large number of elites, the venue is changed to the observation lounge where smoking is allowed. We'll gladly give up trivia in Michaels if we can be smoke free in the large lounge.

There are more people affected by smoking in the larger setting than in Michael's.

Spent two weeks in the sky lounge just about every night for the elite functions. Didn't know it was smoking on one side until I came home and read it on these boards.

You should get your sinuses checked out. :D

On our past 6 cruises I've complained about smoking in the sky lounge on the comment cards.

On Equinox in April, most of the smokers were ship's officers who were assigned to "socialize" with elite guests during happy hour. They huddled around 2 or 3 tables of passengers sitting on the smoking side and virtually ignored the non-smokers. That didn't bother us at all--we were happily meeting & conversing with other passengers--but the smell of smoke was offensive.

Archived