Cocktails in the Neptune Lounge?

Linda VH

On Royal Caribbean there are cocktails offered for the suite pasengers in the concierge lounge. I haven't, however, seen any mention of cocktails in the Neptune Lounge. Are they available?

The Neptune Lounge has no alcohol bar. It serves several different kinds of coffee, tea and juices.

On Royal Caribbean there are cocktails offered for the suite pasengers in the concierge lounge. I haven't, however, seen any mention of cocktails in the Neptune Lounge. Are they available?

It is a "lounge" in name only. I know in some parts of the country, maybe the world, a lounge implies or means the same as a bar but not on HAL. :)

I hope they never encourage alcohol in Neptune other than for Suite parties. We enjoy a cocktail/wine as much as anyone but I wouldn't like to see Neptune become a place for cocktails. I like it the way it is now and has been since the first one on Rotterdam VI.

All our cruises, I have never seen anyone bring cocktails either from their cabin or from a lounge into Neptune to drink them there. Happy I missed it if there are one or two people doing that.

I hope they never encourage alcohol in Neptune other than for Suite parties. We enjoy a cocktail/wine as much as anyone but I wouldn't like to see Neptune become a place for cocktails. I like it the way it is now and has been since the first one on Rotterdam VI.

All our cruises, I have never seen anyone bring cocktails either from their cabin or from a lounge into Neptune to drink them there. Happy I missed it if there are one or two people doing that.

I agree. The Neptune Lounge should stay pretty much the way it is and certainly not become a bar. I also haven't seen anybody in the NL, other than durint a Suite party, with a drink.

i hope they never encourage alcohol in neptune other than for suite parties. We enjoy a cocktail/wine as much as anyone but i wouldn't like to see neptune become a place for cocktails. I like it the way it is now and has been since the first one on rotterdam vi.

All our cruises, i have never seen anyone bring cocktails either from their cabin or from a lounge into neptune to drink them there. Happy i missed it if there are one or two people doing that.

Agree 100%. I have always seen it as a serene "refuge" and I hope it stays just that.

Actually the suite lounge on Royal Caribbean only serves drinks in the evening, I think 5:00 - 8:30 PM. It is a very nice place, great atmosphere and lots of snacks to go with the free drinks. It is the one thing I like best about RC ships and wish HAL would offer the same perk.

Actually the Neptune Lounge is quite boring. It is an inside room with no windows to the outside other than windows to the hallway. Your suite is much more enjoyable to enjoy a drink in and you can enjoy it with who you want including non-suite passangers.

Actually the Neptune Lounge is quite boring. It is an inside room with no windows to the outside other than windows to the hallway. Your suite is much more enjoyable to enjoy a drink in and you can enjoy it with who you want including non-suite passangers.

except on the Prinsendam :D:D:D I understand it has fantastic view and a walk out to decks - will let you know soon

Actually the suite lounge on Royal Caribbean only serves drinks in the evening, I think 5:00 - 8:30 PM. It is a very nice place, great atmosphere and lots of snacks to go with the free drinks. It is the one thing I like best about RC ships and wish HAL would offer the same perk.

That is what choices are all about. You choose the cruise line/ship that works best for you. Not all will do the same thing in the same way and I wouldn't want them to. We get to pick which appeals to us the most and book that one. I wouldn't want to try and make them all the same. ;)

Didn't mean to cause a firestorm :eek: In some of the reviews I read re Noordam there were complaints about children running amok in Neptune. On RCI no children are allowed in Concierge Lounge after 5 p.m. and it becomes an adult hangout with hot canapes, etc. I'm going on Noordam and will have my wine in my suite but I did like the interaction with others at cocktail time. It is what it is and you just go with the flow.

The first ship to have a Neptune Lounge is Rotterdam VI. She and Amsterdam were the only two for years. At various dry docks through the years, all the ships that did not come out of Fincantieri with a Neptune, one was added and now all ships are built with Neptune. During those years when only Rotterdam and Amsterdam had it, we missed it when we went to other ships. For us, it's one of the best upgrades that has been done to the ships at dry docks. :)

Didn't mean to cause a firestorm :eek: In some of the reviews I read re Noordam there were complaints about children running amok in Neptune. On RCI no children are allowed in Concierge Lounge after 5 p.m. and it becomes an adult hangout with hot canapes, etc. I'm going on Noordam and will have my wine in my suite but I did like the interaction with others at cocktail time. It is what it is and you just go with the flow.

You aren't causing a firestorm.

There is just a difference between the cruise lines.

It wasn't the Noordam for us where we encountered unruly children -- it was the Westerdam quite a few years ago.

Archived