Shooting down the Fairy

elcuchio24

Our string of untaken sellups continue. Just got an upgrade call from Balcony to an Ocean Suite on the same floor, 7 nighter, for a $525 fee total. Told them not interested. That's three cruises in a row we have been called with an upgrade offer and haven't taken any of them. FYI-we are about 30 days until sail. I can't explain why we get upgrade calls so often, who knows.

Not an UPGRADE if money is involved-- it's an UPSELL & NOT WORTH IT IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT

It has nothing to do with affording it, the point is if the upsell is practically the same price as if you booked a suite originally, it's not much of a deal. If I wanted a suite, I would have just booked on in the first place. The upsell deals just seem to be getting worse and worse.

It has nothing to do with affording it, the point is if the upsell is practically the same price as if you booked a suite originally, it's not much of a deal. If I wanted a suite, I would have just booked on in the first place. The upsell deals just seem to be getting worse and worse.

I agree......the upsells that have been posted on these boards are not any 'fantastic' deal...........

If they call me, I'll decline....I booked the cabin I wanted (Vista Suite!!)....

Our string of untaken sellups continue. Just got an upgrade call from Balcony to an Ocean Suite on the same floor, 7 nighter, for a $525 fee total. Told them not interested. That's three cruises in a row we have been called with an upgrade offer and haven't taken any of them. FYI-we are about 30 days until sail. I can't explain why we get upgrade calls so often, who knows.

wow, i would say you better go out and buy a lottery ticket. :D

9 Carnival cruises, 4 booked via PVP, zero upsell calls. Someone is slacking.

Cpngrats. Dinner tip: try the meatloaf

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

The free upgrades aren't always all that. They call being bumped to a higher deck an upgrade.

On my first cruise I was given what they called an upgrade, to a higher deck / port hole cabin (had booked an inside guarantee). This was at check in, and being a total newbie & years before discovering CC, I didn't know anything.

Bad, bad deal for me. I had been more midship before, and I was so sick in the rough water around Cabo. Be careful what you wish for, or at least ask to see on a deck plan just where your upgrade is, before you accept.

The free upgrades aren't always all that. They call being bumped to a higher deck an upgrade.

On my first cruise I was given what they called an upgrade, to a higher deck / port hole cabin (had booked an inside guarantee). This was at check in, and being a total newbie & years before discovering CC, I didn't know anything.

Bad, bad deal for me. I had been more midship before, and I was so sick in the rough water around Cabo. Be careful what you wish for, or at least ask to see on a deck plan just where your upgrade is, before you accept.

The only upgrade we have gotten was from a balcony to a suite on the same deck....I was fine with it:)

Archived