NCL Jewels current position in NYC

SuzieQ123

my sister is on the jewel right now, having lunch.

itinerary change: going to port canaveral tuesday and great stirrup cay canceled. bahamas port still on.

Makes sense that since they will have to go way out into the Atlantic to skirt around Irene, it will take them longer to get to PC. I hope GSC isn't too badly damaged and is okay when we sail in October.

Makes sense that since they will have to go way out into the Atlantic to skirt around Irene, it will take them longer to get to PC. I hope GSC isn't too badly damaged and is okay when we sail in October.

i love Great Stirrup Cay and would rather have 2 days there than having to go to the Bahamas. i would totally go on a cruise where main destination was GSC & nothing else.

i love Great Stirrup Cay and would rather have 2 days there than having to go to the Bahamas. i would totally go on a cruise where main destination was GSC & nothing else.

We love GSC also! Wish they had added a 2nd day there when they knocked the NY - Bahamas itin. from 4 ports to 3.

my sister is on the jewel right now, having lunch.

itinerary change: going to port canaveral tuesday and great stirrup cay canceled. bahamas port still on.

Here's a photo of them backing out from the pier in NYC. I hope they all have a fantastic week away from this mess.:)

HudsonRiverPier86_20110827132205.jpg.01bc4971865f26ab88aacddfde604f00.jpg

Here's a photo of them backing out from the pier in NYC. I hope they all have a fantastic week away from this mess.:)

I REALLY hope they have a great cruise:D I am sure it has been a trying time for all the PAX..just wondering what would happen and getting to the peir with all the closures around here..

We love GSC also! Wish they had added a 2nd day there when they knocked the NY - Bahamas itin. from 4 ports to 3.

Until they know how much damage was done to GSC, no one will anchor there. The last report I saw about the damage said "some" whatever that means. Teams were supposed to making assessments to day, hopefully.

The jewel just left the pier.Looks like they are leaving early, wonder how many people is on board

She actually left late. They had notified everyone that she would be leaving 3 hours early at 1PM and she didn't leave until almost 1:30. Probably waiting for someone.

We just left the Jewel this morning...it was an absolute madhouse at the pier, with everyone getting off the Glory & the Jewel, and all the people coming for the sailing today.

We talked to the crew as we were waiting to disembark (bright and early this morning, disembarkation started around 630 or even earlier so we could get off & prepare for Irene) and they were unsure as to how much damage was done to GSC. We had just been there and it looked great with all the new construction, hopefully nothing significant damaged the island. :(

We were really hoping that everyone was able to get to the port for the early departure. As we left Manhattan heading north there was little to no traffic so HOPEFULLY most people didn't have too much trouble getting to the dock..as long as they weren't using mass transit!

We were onboard with so many whose homes needed to be evacuated--they felt truly hopeless being onboard when they knew what was ahead of them. The last day at sea wasn't too cheery onboard. :( Hopefully the new group has a great time getting away from all this!

miracle is not in port today..besides the jewel the others ships is the Glory and Veendam

THanks - I looked earlier and thought it was Glory then second guessed myself:D

Gee I wonder where Glory is off to as they go north???

Archived