Kids in CL?

And when enough people move on, he may be looking for a job.

LOL - Yeah... the message board warriors are going to make a mass exodus to another cruise line and the Board of Directors is going to ask Adam to step down.

You guys are killing me with this stuff. Some folks really need to log off the message board and get outside and breath some fresh air. Maybe, take a cruise. :p

-germ

One result of this - concierges gratuities are going to sink. How many of those same suite guests taking their rugrats into the CL are going to give a gratuity based on their whole family. My guess - none.

Your guess is wrong!

Once again, an incorrect assumption and generalisation. Assistance Kenneth on IOTS provided with securing last minute excursions which were sold out, Ice Show tickets, spa bookings etc. was invaluable. His gratuity was even haded to him in the CL on our final day of the cruise by my 8 year-old daughter, ironically during cocktail hour before dinner. He was very grateful and rewarded her with chocolate covered strawberries.

I dont beleive anyone complained about her presence :eek:

Well don't come here complaining in the future when things happen that you don't like. Like maybe not being allowed to sit in the reserved sections for suites.;)

Wow – your memory is better than mine - as I was, in fact, denied suite reserved seating. I guess I got over it. Not sure if I wrote to the CEO and staff. Perhaps I should :D In the situation you note, I was denied a perk. No one has taken away any CL use from Suite or D+/PN passengers.

M

not sure why there is so much complaining –

the cl is a perk to suite and d+/pn members. No one is forcing you to use the lounge. If the lounge “atmosphere” is not to your liking, or does not meet your preferences, why not simply go to other locations. There are other quiet areas and plenty of other bars.

Rccl offers suite guests and c&a members many different perks. A passenger may select those that suit their travel preferences best. Some like the location of the reserved theater seating some don’t. Those who don’t, just sit elsewhere. No one is forcing you to sit in the reserved sections.

The cl has always allowed children in at other times and i’ve never seen any unruly behavior. There were a few families having breakfast in the allure.

Further – the other bars have always allowed children and i really don’t recall seeing or hearing lots of complaints from anyone having children present.

It is a perk and free – why are so many complaining about it!

Don't like it - don't use it!

M

agreed!!!!

Your guess is wrong!

Once again, an incorrect assumption and generalisation. Assistance Kenneth on IOTS provided with securing last minute excursions which were sold out, Ice Show tickets, spa bookings etc. was invaluable. His gratuity was even haded to him in the CL on our final day of the cruise by my 8 year-old daughter, ironically during cocktail hour before dinner. He was very grateful and rewarded her with chocolate covered strawberries.

I dont beleive anyone complained about her presence :eek:

You prove my point. The kids are ruling..........having a child give the gratuity is telling the concierge they are subservient to the kid but then...............perhaps they are on RCL.

The RCCL crowd is the Carnival crowd. I sail both lines. And if, by the Carnival crowd you mean people who party a lot, I'm sure Adam would hate to fill his ships with people who drink a lot and gamble. Where's the money in that? I'm sure he'd prefer the crowd that sits at the pool and reads all day, never goes to an alternative restaurant and do their sightseeing on their own.

I can assure you that the Royal crowd is NOT the Carnival crowd. I don't feel like I'm the good ship Bubba when I am cruising with RCI or at a hip hop concert with boys running around with their pants hanging down past their rear ends. That is the Carnival that I have experienced over the last two to four years. Have yet to experience that on NCL, Royal, Princess or HAL.

Just got an email from a friend on Explorer. She said they have changed the rules fleetwide and are allowing kids from suite guests in the CL...

REALLY RCL???? During a cocktail hour??????? What's next? No alcohol cuz we don't want children seeing people drinking???

I LOVE my grandkids dearly but there is a time and place for kids....

Cocktail hour is NOT for children...

let the kids run the ship and lock Adam in the Ocean culb for kids for one trip

I received my call from corporate and it was very professional and at least I got to state my opinion. I did say that if I repeatedly enter the CL during HH and never see a seat because of kids/teens in there, I will be speaking kindly and gently to the Concierge. The HH is the MAIN reason we booked the GS this trip - in order to spend HH in there with other friends who booked a GS.

I was also told that the concierge would be instructed to keep order and I explained that in a perfect world, parents discipline their kids but that I have seen the verbal abuse that RCCL crew have had to take from parents and don't see it happening.

We'll see.........I don't like the decision, still don't understand the "logic" of the decision but they won't change it YET. Give it some time and MAYBE they will. But if they change it immediately, Corporate will look like idiots - and they are going to stand by it for now at least.

WOW ...the BOSS sounds a little snippy in his response..

Let me think about this....he said that the DL will continue to be adults only as no one complained about munchkins being allowed in....well DUH...the DL (generally speaking....) isn't as "nice" and isn't offering the same atmosphere nor selection of beverages.....so of course no one is complaining that kids aren't allowed in....

(hope that made sense....it does i my brain, but then again....:confused:)

I also don't believe that on only 2 occasions have the concierge staff had to be called upon to referee......

Of course, last time RCCL did something silly, many complained (i think it was kicking D out of the lounge, among other things..) they eventually backpedaled...

perhaps this will be my last RCCL cruise....who knows...but =X= looks better all the time.......

WOW ...the BOSS sounds a little snippy in his response..

Let me think about this....he said that the DL will continue to be adults only as no one complained about munchkins being allowed in....well DUH...the DL (generally speaking....) isn't as "nice" and isn't offering the same atmosphere nor selection of beverages.....so of course no one is complaining that kids aren't allowed in....

(hope that made sense....it does i my brain, but then again....:confused:)

I also don't believe that on only 2 occasions have the concierge staff had to be called upon to referee......

Of course, last time RCCL did something silly, many complained (i think it was kicking D out of the lounge, among other things..) they eventually backpedaled...

perhaps this will be my last RCCL cruise....who knows...but =X= looks better all the time.......

We found "Michael's Club" to be a much more enjoyable environment on Celebrity Summit than the CL on Explorer. Excellent service also. My guess is the next shoe to drop will be the Diamond Plus members being kicked out of the CL altogether. It's just a matter of time.

You can't just look at Carnival the criuse line. They don't break out their profits by cruise line. In any case, you missed my point. :rolleyes:

I think the Carnival Cruise line itself is doing well. HAL is the one struggling (based on the talks by the senior officers and a few people there). That's why they are not ordering any new ships at the moment while other lines are. What they are now trying to do to get more revenue is ... be more family friendly! (Why my in-laws decided to stop sailing them and are back to Celebrity)

LOL - Yeah... the message board warriors are going to make a mass exodus to another cruise line and the Board of Directors is going to ask Adam to step down.

You guys are killing me with this stuff. Some folks really need to log off the message board and get outside and breath some fresh air. Maybe, take a cruise. :p

-germ

I have to agree, there may be a small handful of people who may go elsewhere based on this. But really, outside of Celebrity (same parent company anyway), where else are they going to go and get free booze for hours every night? Particularly for the D+, not mention lose out on all the other loyalty perks they have built up. Most people will complain and be back on the ships. AG knows this. Unless the CL really does have a continuous problem with unruly kids (which I am doubting) they are going to stick with this decision

You prove my point. The kids are ruling..........having a child give the gratuity is telling the concierge they are subservient to the kid but then...............perhaps they are on RCL.

I would think that in any business arrangement, the customer is going to be the one with some say, even if it is a kid. So yes, they are to some extent (certainly to the parent of the kid)

We found "Michael's Club" to be a much more enjoyable environment on Celebrity Summit than the CL on Explorer. Excellent service also. My guess is the next shoe to drop will be the Diamond Plus members being kicked out of the CL altogether. It's just a matter of time.

I agree....i LOVED Michaels....i had even intended to work my way through the drink menu, but the server had my Kir Royale on my table every day at 4:00:01 PM!! Thus...never made it...and what's not to love with a little mimosa in the AM! (i MUST dilute my orange juice...:D)

And i think that the D+ might get the boot...that would probably be the semi-final straw for me..i can't say i would NEVER EVER cruise RCCL again, but i might just look out for the best deals and new ports...without really thinking about being a valued repeat customer....

Love EX and her crew...but well......

Archived