Kids in CL?

I can assure you that the Royal crowd is NOT the Carnival crowd. I don't feel like I'm the good ship Bubba when I am cruising with RCI or at a hip hop concert with boys running around with their pants hanging down past their rear ends. That is the Carnival that I have experienced over the last two to four years. Have yet to experience that on NCL, Royal, Princess or HAL.

I absolutely disagree with you regarding the statements above. I've never seen "boys running around with their pants hanging down past their rear ends". Judging by all the comments on this threat it is very common on RCCL that kids misbehave, spill drinks all over, ruin food and dance on chairs. While there are certainly some occasions when kids do stuff like this on Carnival, I personally did not experience that.

My family has been on several Carnival cruises and while I see some deficiencies with their product, such as lack of attention to detail, I enjoyed other aspects of their experiences, including active night life.

I am appalled by some comments made here about "Carnival" crowd - such as comparing it to Wall-mart crowd.

First of all, there is nothing wrong with being Wall-mart crowd - not everyone was born with the silver spoon in their mouth or made it big (either through luck or hard work).

Second, even with Carnival prices a family from "Wall-mart crowd" cannot afford to go on Carnival cruise. Majority of the passengers are from at least middle income families.

Our next two bookings are on RCCL and Carnival. I don't think we will be sailing very many Carnival cruises in the future because I would like more refined cruise experience (without experiencing a dead ship after 10pm like on X). I wonder if my family will be worthy enough in your eyes to sail on RCCL. I have doctorate degree, my husband owns successful business and my kids are on honor roll. Since we enjoyed certain aspects of Carnival cruise in the past (not all because no cruise line is perfect), I wonder how you view us?

P.S. I am staring to think that Carnival got right. Their experience is mostly "one-class" cruising and while both elite and suite passengers have some perks, those perks are not as substantial as RCCL's and as a result do not produce elitist attitude observed on this thread.

HAHAHAHA alright now I have to laugh. I posted a comment to AG's blog at 11:40am when it first appeared. I bet you can guess it wasn't agreeing with his latest decision. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the 3 comments they have chosen, so far, are all patting him on the back for making the right decision. Wonder how long it took to get those comments. Holy moderated! Was he afraid of hearing from RCI cruisers? :eek:

Feel free to comment, see if anyone gets on who doesn't agree with him. That's what I want - people who walk around always agreeing with me. :D I wonder if I can buy people to do that.

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=4174

P.S. I am staring to think that Carnival got right. Their experience is mostly "one-class" cruising and while both elite and suite passengers have some perks, those perks are not as substantial as RCCL's and as a result do not produce elitist attitude observed on this thread.

My last CCL cruise was in June and above our aft cabin was a group of people throwing silverware packets, junk and 'pot' (joints) overboard (some of which landed on our balcony)

If that's the one-class cruisers on CCL, then give me the elite attitudes anyday!!!

HAHAHAHA alright now I have to laugh. I posted a comment to AG's blog at 11:40am when it first appeared. I bet you can guess it wasn't agreeing with his latest decision. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the 3 comments they have chosen, so far, are all patting him on the back for making the right decision. Wonder how long it took to get those comments. Holy moderated! Was he afraid of hearing from RCI cruisers? :eek:

Feel free to comment, see if anyone gets on who doesn't agree with him. That's what I want - people who walk around always agreeing with me. :D I wonder if I can buy people to do that.

I knew that that would be the case so I didn't waste my time posting one.

I think the Carnival Cruise line itself is doing well. HAL is the one struggling (based on the talks by the senior officers and a few people there). That's why they are not ordering any new ships at the moment while other lines are. What they are now trying to do to get more revenue is ... be more family friendly! (Why my in-laws decided to stop sailing them and are back to Celebrity)

If your in-laws think that X is not family friendly, they are greatly mistaken. Our family sailed X and my kids enjoyed X very much. X does not have slides or climbing walls, but they provide quality programming for children and families.

There were no unruly kids on the X ship (and no unruly kids on Carnival) that I saw, but judging by this thread your in-laws should avoid RCCL.

We found "Michael's Club" to be a much more enjoyable environment on Celebrity Summit than the CL on Explorer. Excellent service also. My guess is the next shoe to drop will be the Diamond Plus members being kicked out of the CL altogether. It's just a matter of time.

My thoughts also. Tons of complaining when the D were booted. While RCL came back and offered a nightly event they have not allowed D back into the CL. If that is their goal all the complaining is not going to help

My last CCL cruise was in June and above our aft cabin was a group of people throwing silverware packets, junk and 'pot' (joints) overboard (some of which landed on our balcony)

If that's the one-class cruisers on CCL, then give me the elite attitudes anyday!!!

The behavior you are describing is certainly awful, but I guarantee you that kind of behavior is not limited to CCL only. I have seen people complaining of similar behavior on other cruise lines.

Besides, are you saying that you were the only one on the entire cruise that behaved properly and everyone else was just a low life?

If your in-laws think that X is not family friendly, they are greatly mistaken. Our family sailed X and my kids enjoyed X very much. X does not have slides or climbing walls, but they provide quality programming for children and families.

There were no unruly kids on the X ship (and no unruly kids on Carnival) that I saw, but judging by this thread your in-laws should avoid RCCL.

Acually, they have been on X 26 times, so I think they have that line down pretty good *grin*. They sailed HAL a few times and found each cruise the service and attitude went down each time. They were actually TOLD by a HAL representative that they were not "the demographic they were looking for" on their last cruise, because they wanted more families on board (granted it was during the holidays last winter, but still..)

Too funny, I was thinking the same thing, my response has not surfaced either on the blog - guess it wasn't what he wanted to hear:p

I am one of the people who are D+ and often cruise in a suite. To have the staff police unruly children is not right. What happens when all the strollers in the lounge, I feel it will effect my enjoyment. When my kids were underage I didn't have any issue leaving them alone to enjoy a before dinner drink.

We found "Michael's Club" to be a much more enjoyable environment on Celebrity Summit than the CL on Explorer. Excellent service also. My guess is the next shoe to drop will be the Diamond Plus members being kicked out of the CL altogether. It's just a matter of time.

I agree Tony. I think that it's a matter of time before D+ go next.

I had a call today from someone at RCI concerning my email. My email was not just about this situation but how they handled the San Juan incident and a few other things.

Bascially the new policy is here to stay for at least a while for RCI to test it out. I was told that feedback was very important but in the end, I don't see them changing it back. This will be like the the situation where Diamonds were removed from the CL. Caused an uproar and then life goes on.

I had to laugh when the person told me that each sailing averaged about five families per cruise booked in suites. Guess they left the Freedom and Oasis classes out of the equation.

I also told this person that I found AG's comments on his blog rather rude and she stated that this was not the way it was intended.

In the end, it will be like I tell everyone on this board, we all have a choice. Live with the changes or vote with your wallet. That is the only thing that will get their attention.

I have to agree, there may be a small handful of people who may go elsewhere based on this. But really, outside of Celebrity (same parent company anyway), where else are they going to go and get free booze for hours every night? Particularly for the D+, not mention lose out on all the other loyalty perks they have built up. Most people will complain and be back on the ships. AG knows this. Unless the CL really does have a continuous problem with unruly kids (which I am doubting) they are going to stick with this decision

Understand that not everyone who uses the CL does so for the "free booze". Also, since we book suites Princess and NCL give much better perks than RCI. So not everyone will lose out if they try other lines.

Did you really expect them to post the "real" comments? This is such BS. Do they really think that people are going to believe this? I bet this site has had more hits just today alone than it has the entire time it's been on line.

Absolutely pathetic .....3 comments with absolute praise while we know that there are at least a dozen that posted who didn't agree. At least be fair and should a mixed response. If that's what they are going to do then I don't even believe the comments are true guest responses and weren't just fabricated.

My guess is the next shoe to drop will be the Diamond Plus members being kicked out of the CL altogether. It's just a matter of time.

I don't see a problem with this, as long as there is a diamond lounge or some equivalent on board.

If they take the perk away entirely, so be it.

-germ

The Diamonds were just as pissed when they got kicked out of the CL and the company still went on strong.

I'm just saying that constant complaining could possibly push him to make even more changes many will not be happy about.

...remember the UPROAR over the new point system that RCCL introduced? Yea how many times did you hear " well I'm being cheated and taking my business elsewhere"..."It's my right to those points".."how dare he change the system"....But the same Gimmees are still cruising with RCCL. As the old saying "money talks and B.S. walks"...Don't let the port hole hit you in the backside when you walk the last time all you complainers.;)

P.S. Who are all these maritine experts that are on a first name basis with "Adam"? Wow talk about an ego trip....:eek:

hmmm. I seem to remember one member posting on this thread raising holy **** when RCI canceled an Alaskan cruise. We heard about it for months. Whining actually.;)

Yes and I voted with my wallet. We have taken 6 cruises with OTHER cruise lines,other than RCCL. Spent lots and lots of Cash. And LOVED IT!!! Did not miss one "know it all, it's MY cruise line" in the C.L. while I was away. And if my prayers are answered I will not have to ENDURE the bragging and needless blah blah blah who is the best C.L.yada yada yada conversations that now fills the C.L. by all those engine room level dweller Diamonds. Can't wait to breath the freash air that Mr. Goldstein will provide on my upcoming Freedom cruise in my SUITE and NOW let my lovely daughter share the quiet of the C.L. together.Who knows...maybe someday I might be tight enough with the RCCL boss to address him as Adam.

And Alaska was beautiful on another cruise line....one whose ships don't reek of sewerage... Thanks for asking.:)

I wonder if all the suite guests who are so happy that they can now bring their rugrats in for the cocktail hours have considered whether the other children will impact their enjoyment of the lounge? As we all know, everyone's own child is always perfectly behaved---it's those "other" ones who cause the problems.

rugrats-really nice.:rolleyes:

Some posters here are acting like children!!!

Does anyone know if children are allowed in Michaels over at Celebrity? Maybe some of you will find that atmosphere more comfortable??

rugrats-really nice.:rolleyes:

Some posters here are acting like children!!!

Does anyone know if children are allowed in Michaels over at Celebrity? Maybe some of you will find that atmosphere more comfortable??

True story....this past Jan.....a passenger walked into Michaels Club with a Ukulele in hand ...sat right down and started to sing an offensive song about Tom Cruise and his sexual preferences....so obviously yes.

Is there any lounge for adults who do not smoke? One of the real perks for me was a lounge with out children and without smoke. The children have areas where adults not allowed. I would like to know.

The Concierge Lounge is non smoking. There are many areas and lounges with no smoking, depends on the ship.

I can assure you that the Royal crowd is NOT the Carnival crowd. I don't feel like I'm the good ship Bubba when I am cruising with RCI or at a hip hop concert with boys running around with their pants hanging down past their rear ends. That is the Carnival that I have experienced over the last two to four years. Have yet to experience that on NCL, Royal, Princess or HAL.

I've sailed RCCL and Carnival over 10 times on each line and I have never seen that on Carnival. I think with my cruising record I can rely on my own observations. I've also seen quite a number of complaints on the RCCL board about passenger behavior. But that wasn't my point. My point is that RCCL wants passengers that party because they spend money at the bar.

Archived