Kids in CL?

I just love these comments by certain members who have been in a concierge lounge maybe once in their entire life come on here posting as concierge lounge experts. Hilarious.

We've been Diamond Plus for nearly four years now and have been in quite a few concierge lounges over the years and only once can I recall ever seeing an adult asked to leave for being obnoxious and intoxicated. It's usually a very civil environment.

I would hope that the majority of concierges would enforce the rules for both adults and children but I have my doubts since their livelihood is at stake. I think it's a shame the powers that be at RCL headquarters put the concierges in this situation. I really feel for them.

I agree. It's funny how some think they can tell who has been sitting there all night and who hasn't. I guess a couple of cruises on Royal makes them an expert on all things Concierge lounge. Actually I think the adults should act as if kids aren't there. Want to tell a joke, go ahead. Want adult topics, go ahead. If mom and dad don't like it then tough. Take the little ones where they should be in the first place which is Adventure Ocean. How would mom and dad like it if we all took our drinks down to Adventure Ocean and had a good ole time? ;)

I agree. It's funny how some think they can tell who has been sitting there all night and who hasn't.

How would mom and dad like it if we all took our drinks down to Adventure Ocean and had a good ole time? ;)

It's pretty easy to tell in any place where alcohol is consumed, who has been sitting on the stool way to long!! :p

Again-I must say-adults taking drinks into AO-let's not be silly now!!:)

I agree. It's funny how some think they can tell who has been sitting there all night and who hasn't. I guess a couple of cruises on Royal makes them an expert on all things Concierge lounge. Actually I think the adults should act as if kids aren't there. Want to tell a joke, go ahead. Want adult topics, go ahead. If mom and dad don't like it then tough. Take the little ones where they should be in the first place which is Adventure Ocean. How would mom and dad like it if we all took our drinks down to Adventure Ocean and had a good ole time? ;)

Even though I haven't thought very much of your other posts on this subject, I must agree with you here. I for one will not alter my behavior and will do what I've always done.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

It's pretty easy to tell in any place where alcohol is consumed, who has been sitting on the stool way to long!! :p

Again-I must say-adults taking drinks into AO-let's not be silly now!!:)

Maybe people should mind their own business and let those who have earned the perk enjoy it in the manner they want, as long as they aren't bothering anyone else.

And how do you know that they did not leave, go to dinner along with having a few drinks at dinner and return for a night cap? The simple answer, you don't know do you? That is unless you sat right there with them the entire time.

Also why not take drinks to AO? What was once designed for adults only has been turned over to kids so why not turn the tables on ole mom and dad?;) Nothing silly about that.

Well, if the issue is overcrowding in the CL, then it would be remarkable for someone to leave on a nightly basis and manage to get their exact seats back night after night. But yes, you don't know. You can certainly guess at those who do, besides those who make it obvious by stating it.

Sorry, it's silly. I know you don't like the new policy change, but the AO is there for multiple reasons. One, to get a place for kids to go and play kids games, play with toys, do crafts and activities and not have that be performed all over the ship. And second to allow parents some time from having to watch them 24/7 and protect children from being harmed. They are not going to allow non-parental adults wandering around drinking. You should be GLAD they have that area, unless you would rather have a stack of activities, toys and such strewn through the lounges of the ship. (Not to mention protecting the adults)

Sorry, but I'm denying. I have met some of the neatest nicest folks in the lounges over the years. Occasional jerks exist in all crowds, I think you should clarify that.

As far as kids in the lounges, as long as they behave, I don't have a problem with it.

My apologies. I think you took me the wrong way. I wasn't saying everyone is like that. I too have met some of the nicest people in the CL, many of whom are on this thread. Besides, If I meant everyone, that would include me. ;)

What I was saying is there is almost always one or two, which is probably what would be the problem with kids.....just those one or two.

Maybe people should mind their own business and let those who have earned the perk enjoy it in the manner they want, as long as they aren't bothering anyone else.

I agree, though the problem ends up being differing people are bothered by different things. So what may not bother you, may bother someone else, and vice versa.

You're not getting my point. Do as you please. The big problem I have with these threads are some are already bothered by children in the lounge and most very well, may not bother you at all. To quote you, Let those who have paid for the perk or earned the perk enjoy it in a manner they please, which may be bringing children with them.;)

You're not getting my point. Do as you please. The big problem I have with these threads are some are already bothered by children in the lounge and most very well, may not bother you at all. To quote you, Let those who have paid for the perk or earned the perk enjoy it in a manner they please, which may be bringing children with them.;)

Yes, some are bothered that children are being allowed in one of the very few adult only venues of the ship. Just because you have kids doesn't mean they should be allowed access to every part of the ship. I believe the adults who have access to the CL should be able to enjoy the company of others and be able to enjoy a cocktail and socialize in an ADULT atmosphere for a few hours a day. And you didn't quote me correctly. I said let those who have EARNED the perk enjoy it. I was definitely NOT referring to children.

And you didn't quote me correctly. I said let those who have EARNED the perk enjoy it. I was definitely NOT referring to children.

What about the one's who paid for it? The lounge is open to both.

Yes, some are bothered that children are being allowed in one of the very few adult only venues of the ship. Just because you have kids doesn't mean they should be allowed access to every part of the ship. I believe the adults who have access to the CL should be able to enjoy the company of others and be able to enjoy a cocktail and socialize in an ADULT atmosphere for a few hours a day. And you didn't quote me correctly. I said let those who have EARNED the perk enjoy it. I was definitely NOT referring to children.

Great post!!!

I don't care if people bring their kids on vacation. They deserve to enjoy the time together. I just don't want to be forced to enjoy them as well. It was nice to have ONE area that was adults only.

I don't think people who are upset by the new policy ,hate kids. They wanted an adult venue to enjoy adult conversation and adult beverages.

Tripping over strollers isn't my idea of an "adult" time.:rolleyes:

Maybe I haven't followed this as closely after the initial run, but I have seen only like 2-3 posts from people complaining of kids, not exactly a huge sum of them. And seems like the last one had everyone of the complaints in it listed. Are there more or has this issue just been exagerated a bit?
You're right there only was one or two posts complaining about the kids, others on here just want to imply that this has been a major problem.

I believe she is a teacher and is used to being around other peoples kids. Hardly someone who "hates" kids.:)

So what does this mean that all teachers love kids?? In fact, I would imagine that because of their jobs being surrounded by kids on a daily basis they would have less tolerance when they are on vacation.

You're right there only was one or two posts complaining about the kids, others on here just want to imply that this has been a major problem.

So what does this mean that all teachers love kids?? In fact, I would imagine that because of their jobs being surrounded by kids on a daily basis they would have less tolerance when they are on vacation.

I didn't say that, did I?

Are all adults who deal with adults every day less tolerant of adults on cruises?

I would think that given that teachers must know how to deal with behavior issues regarding children that they may be more tolerant and know how to deal with behavior issues than another person.

And as I said before..only a small percentage of pax are members of CC. Many pax don't even know this site exists. so if CL users are being bothered by kids we may not know about their complaints and issues.

The means test will be the reports the Concierges will give to corporate and the number of complaints received in the main office, if there are issues in the CL lounge.

Exactly, so far it looks to be a non-issue to me., no matter where you stand.

Lets see, there is around 270 suites just between O-class and F class, not counting all the D+ and P sailing every week. That could easly be over a thousand every week that could use the CL , not many 1st hand post saying its an issue.

Also on the pole on here, strip out all the voters that have no 1st hand expirence with children in the CL and what do you have!

I didn't say that, did I?No, not in so many words....you said that because the poster who complained is a teacher he/she is hardly a child hater...which is not a good reason to really know how that poster feels about kids in general.

Are all adults who deal with adults every day less tolerant of adults on cruises?That is no comparison. If adults can't deal with other adults, then I would imagine that person has severe issues.

I would think that given that teachers must know how to deal with behavior issues regarding children that they may be more tolerant and know how to deal with behavior issues than another person.I somewhat agree when in school, however that may change when they are on vacation. Perhaps just the sight of children may put them off and suddenly in their eyes the kids are misbehaving.

And as I said before..only a small percentage of pax are members of CC. Many pax don't even know this site exists. so if CL users are being bothered by kids we may not know about their complaints and issues.

Exactly, we both don't know but if I had to guess, and it is just a guess, I would say that it is a small percentage just like here on CC.

Exactly, we both don't know but if I had to guess, and it is just a guess, I would say that it is a small percentage just like here on CC.

If I had to guess, I would say a large percentage of CL guests would prefer it remain adult only. As evidenced in the poll taken here on CC. It doesn't matter whether they are well behaved or not. They could be the sweetest angels on earth, that still doesn't mean they should be in the CL during cocktail hour.

Great post!!!

I don't care if people bring their kids on vacation. They deserve to enjoy the time together. I just don't want to be forced to enjoy them as well. It was nice to have ONE area that was adults only.

I don't think people who are upset by the new policy ,hate kids. They wanted an adult venue to enjoy adult conversation and adult beverages.

Tripping over strollers isn't my idea of an "adult" time.:rolleyes:

Since I posted on our CL experience on Explorer of the Seas, I would like to clarify. We do not mind children in the CL during all other hours of the day. They are welcome to enjoy the continental breakfast, afternoon snacks, get movies and games, etc. Our objection was to children's presence during cocktail hours. We strongly feel that this should continue to be an adults only time. The lounges are small, and take on the atmosphere of a bar. We enjoy the adult conversation and have made many cruise friends over the years. To experience a crying baby in this venue was most uncomfortable. I am not bashing anyone. I love children, have three of my own and five grandchildren. I respect and approve of appropriate activities and venues for children. I only wish to be accorded the same courtesy in the CL for a couple hours.

I can say that my sister sailed the Allure right after the change. I hadn't spoken to her so she found out about the new policy while onboard. she sailed the same week that Merion Mom was doing the last leg of a B2B.

CL members were less than thrilled and most she spoke with complained while onboard and were following up with corporate after they got home.

I am going to assume they aren't all "kid haters"..at least my sister isn't. But their main point was that they wanted an adult area to remain for adults.

I'm guessing that this won't be a huge issue until the holidays when many more kids will be onboard..the lounges are typically packed then and adding kids will be interesting, to say the least.

Since I posted on our CL experience on Explorer of the Seas, I would like to clarify. We do not mind children in the CL during all other hours of the day. They are welcome to enjoy the continental breakfast, afternoon snacks, get movies and games, etc. Our objection was to children's presence during cocktail hours. We strongly feel that this should continue to be an adults only time. The lounges are small, and take on the atmosphere of a bar. We enjoy the adult conversation and have made many cruise friends over the years. To experience a crying baby in this venue was most uncomfortable. I am not bashing anyone. I love children, have three of my own and five grandchildren. I respect and approve of appropriate activities and venues for children. I only wish to be accorded the same courtesy in the CL for a couple hours.

I think most posters who read your comments understood what you meant.:)

And I agree wholeheartedly that RCI needs to respect the need for an adult only area for at least a few hours in the evening.

Archived