JetBlue Airline Reviews....Tell me your experience

Jazmine8

Hi all, I am planning my cruise flights and would like to hear from Jetblue travelers about their experience. I am apprehensive to book with them since I've never flown with them. I've only flown with Southwest and US Airways.

I will be leaving from DCA going to FLL in December.

1.Are there flights on time?

2.How's the overall service (check-in process, gate staff, flights attendants, an so on)?

Another JetBlue fan here too! :D They have become our airline of choice and I will always use them whenever possible.

I always check-in online 24 hours prior to our cruise and have never had any problem. We've found most of our Jet Blue flights have arrived at our destination early, and for the few that were 10 minutes or so late leaving, we made the time up while in the air. I find Jet Blue customer service to be the best of all airlines we've flown on. We had a flight change (six months in advance) and they called us and also emailed us about the change. It was no big deal to us but I was impressed that they took the time to notify us well ahead of time of this minor change.

We love the little TV's that are mounted on the back of each seat along with the fact that your first piece of luggage is free!

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Jet Blue.. definitely our favourite airline! ;) I just booked our January flights (Buffalo to San Juan) and of course, it was Jet Blue I booked with. :)

Did this exact flight just about 3 weeks ago. Very uneventful flight which is my highest praise. Seats were comfortable. DCA is such a peaceful and happy airport after the chaos of using MIA for international flight to Ecuador. Relax and enjoy. I caught an excellent fare so put yourself on the Jet Blue fare alert. I will be watching fares to FLL in that my granddaughter just moved to Fort Lauderdale:D

I have never flown JetBlue, but a couple of my kids have and they like them.

I would only point out one disadvantage with JetBlue; they have no interline agreement with any other airline. This means if something happens with your flight (delay, cancellation, etc.), they will not pay to endorse your ticket over to another airline. You have to wait until a seat opens up on one of their planes.

If there's a major problem (think Hurricane Irene), you could wait many days to get on another flight. Just something to keep in mind.

This is the same problem/situation with SWA. Check the change policy for Jet Blue and if they do not charge for changes then just cancel a flight and buy one from another airline.

This happened to me in a February snow storm and I was able to grab 2 seats to DCA when BWI had already been closed canceling my flight. It was a logistical mess with me in Jacksonville, my car in Baltimore, my ticket to Reagan and my luggage at JAX:eek: All worked out the next day and I was able to make my Panama Canal cruise.

I'm a big fan of Jet Blue. In general, if you like Southwest, there's a good chance you'll like Jet Blue. Two great things are the TV's at every seat, and the opportunity to upgrade to really spacious seats for not too much extra.

Had a great flight from Richmond International (we are in Fredericksburg and it was easier than DCA) to FLL at the beginning of May. The plane was good, the people were great, no luggage woes, and we booked way early and got incredible prices.

Had a good flight the previous December in the snow from DCA to Boston. They were late leaving but got us out safely.

Another JetBlue fan -- flew from BOS to MSY for our cruise on the Spirit in July. VERY comfortable plane (small, maybe 100 passengers?), free snacks, TV and Sirius satellite radio. Our flight home was delayed about an hour and a half due to mechnical problems with our plane; then we were rerouted due to storms up the east coast, so arrived in BOS 2 hours late. For our trouble they gave us a free movie, and a $25 credit per person.

We have thousands of Delta Skymiles, but they didn't have a direct flight to NOLA, so we transferred Amex rewards to JetBlue for our flight. Looking for non-stop from BOS to MIA and of course Delta doesn't have one, so it looks like we will do JetBlue again (to FLL or ORL).

I did enjoy flying Jet Blue until they cancelled my flight for no reason two days in a row. they said it was the weather but they canceled both flights at 9 Am for a 3:30 PM flight when the weather was fine in both leaving and arriving cities. The second day was on of those rare days when all the US had beautiful weather yet they said it was the weather. I got no compensation and when they canceled the second day I had to cancel my flight and buy a ticket on another carrier. As far as they were concerned as long as they give you enough advance notice they don't compensate you in any way. I was just glad I didn't need to pay for a hotel or needed to be home right away.

I did enjoy flying Jet Blue until they cancelled my flight for no reason two days in a row. they said it was the weather but they canceled both flights at 9 Am for a 3:30 PM flight when the weather was fine in both leaving and arriving cities. The second day was on of those rare days when all the US had beautiful weather yet they said it was the weather.
Don't forget that it may have been the weather at whichever airport your aircraft was at, or weather somewhere in between there and any of the other airports to which your aircraft had to fly. Bad weather elsewhere can have a knock-on effect on an airline for days, even if there isn't any bad weather at your particular origin or destination airports on the day on which you happen to be travelling; the weather at those two points on that one day is only one of many weather considerations that could affect your flight.

And you'll find that this happens on every airline.

Don't forget that it may have been the weather at whichever airport your aircraft was at, or weather somewhere in between there and any of the other airports to which your aircraft had to fly. Bad weather elsewhere can have a knock-on effect on an airline for days, even if there isn't any bad weather at your particular origin or destination airports on the day on which you happen to be travelling; the weather at those two points on that one day is only one of many weather considerations that could affect your flight.

And you'll find that this happens on every airline.

Actually when they canceled the flight on the second day they changed the reason for the first days flight cancelation and said it was mechanical. And as I said the second day was a rare day when there was absolutly no weather problem any where in the US. I did ask what weather? I was told there was a posibility of thunderstorms with lightening in the NY Boston area however their Boston flight that afternoon was not canceled. They clearly lied to me. I was also told that if I didn't cancel my first flight I would recieve a free ticket which is why I waited until the next day. However when the flight was canceled the next day I really needed to get home and back to work. When I canceled I was asured I would still get a free ticket because the day befores flight was canceled for mechanical reasons and I didn't cancel that flight. When I called them about the free ticket I was told no that wasn't correct and they didn't owe me anything. I even talked to a supervisor who told me too bad. As much as I enjoy flying Jet Blue and they are the only airline with non stop service at a decient time to Richmond where family lives I will never fly them again.

I was just glad I was flying by myself as I only had to pay for one ticket to get home. That ticket cost more than my round trip ticket with Jet Blue. Jet Blue did refund the one way that they canceled but that was it.

If I was on another airline they have agreements with other airlines to take passangers in cases of problems. There were several flights I could have taken on Delta, Airtran or American but Jet Blue doesn't have any arrangements with other airlines so I was on my own. They did offer to fly me on their Boston flight (where the weather supposed to be) and then from Boston to Orlando but that wouldn't get me home until after midnight and I really didn't want to do that.

We found Jet Blue to be great SFO to JFK with only a short delay returning home. The leg room in regular coach seats was superior to United's economy plus and there is no metal box on the floor where one of your feet should be able to rest (different aircraft manufacturer). The seats are leather like Southwest but far more comfortable for some reason even on a longer flight. it must be different shape and padding. Generous quantities of snacks and the TV screen on seatback was a plus as was WIFI free in entire terminal at JFK.

I am also a Southwest fan, but prefer Jet Blue seats.

In economy, the seat pitch on JetBlue on a A320 is 34". On UA's A320, seat pitch in E+ is 36", so I'm not sure why JetBlue's seat felt as if there was more legroom.

Airbus (note the A320) is the manufacturer for these planes for both airlines.

Agree that entertainment in economy is far superior on JetBlue.

The leg room in regular coach seats was superior to United's economy plus and there is no metal box on the floor where one of your feet should be able to rest (different aircraft manufacturer).

FYI, the seats in an aircraft and any electronics boxes attached to the seat leg have nothing to do with the aircraft manufacturer. Both Airbus and Boeing have a list of approved suppliers...it's up to the airline to option the seats, galleys, entertainment system, etc. It's common for the seats in First, Business, and Econ to come from different suppliers.

Very similar to Airbus and Boeing being home builders....the carpeting, paint, and furniture are up to you, the customer.

Well I never knew when I started this thread I get so many positive responses. I have decided to stick with US Airways however because Jet blue only has one flight both inbound and outbound form my closest airport.for my travel dates which aren't flexible. I called Jet blue and they said if my flight got cancelled there was basically nothing they could do and well that didn't sit well with me. Us Airways has several flights should I get bumped or a flight is cancelled I can still get out that same day. I travel that airline the most so I'll keep racking up my miles;) Maybe one day I will fly JetBlue and come to know what most of you have experienced.

debshomespun, I so wish I were you and were doing both the Oasis and Allure b2b how much fun you're sure to have.

Note to self: Save more money and do a b2b crusie:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK. So we flew jetBlue to JFK and back to the island.

Not bad!

The food they sell on board could be better than a boxful of (better quality) snack-stuff

JBlue-932.jpg

It's not bad, but for $6 I'd sooner pay $8-10 and get something more filling

-like what we had on AA (twice now) where we pd. $8 I think..for a more substantial 'meal'

Only other thing was that someone coulda told us that despite entering the US thru terminal 4

that we didn't depart the US thru 4.

We shoulda been at Terminal 5.

Thank goodness for the SkyTrain at 0610 hrs. -it got us to Terminal 5 promptly

Archived