Transfer from Port Everglades to MIA

travelers2

Has anyone taken the Princess transfer from the ship in FLL to Miami Airport? The flight I want to take leaves at 12:15 but on the Princess website it says to plan your flight after 12:30. Do you think that 15 minutes earlier would make a difference in Miami?

I would be concerned about a flight departing at that time.

Earlier this year we had a flight from Miami at 1.00pm (arriving on the Star Princess at Fort Everglades) and by the time we were able to get on a bus (with a Princess transfer) and made the transfer to the airport, it was cutting it very fine. We had one of the earliest disembarkation times, but were held up trying to get on a bus, it was a mad scramble each time a bus pulled up and no priority was given to those who had early departure times.

If you have already booked your flight and can't change it, I would be inclined to arrange a private transfer to the airport, and ask to be one of the first off the ship.

The Princess transfer is cheap, but a 12.15pm flight will mean that everything will have to go very smoothly to make the airport in time.

If the Princess transfer says it's only for flights leaving at 12:30pm or later, if your flight is 12:29pm, you cannot get a transfer. They are very strict with their time criteria. I'd check with my TA as to what time a flight must leave by.

It's my understanding that with Princess transfers they wait until the bus is full before heading out. You'd be better off grabbing a taxi. It's about $80 from the port to the airport, but you'd be there in plenty of time for your flight without all the anxiety of using the transfer.

Has anyone taken the Princess transfer from the ship in FLL to Miami Airport? The flight I want to take leaves at 12:15 but on the Princess website it says to plan your flight after 12:30. Do you think that 15 minutes earlier would make a difference in Miami?

The 15 minutes has no bearing on Miami. What it is, is the time Princess takes into consideration for getting the people off and buses loaded for departure. They will not accept your transfer reservation for a flight leaving prior to 12:30.

In October of last year we had an early flight out of MIA and used SAS Transportation. Contact Steven at http://www.ridesas.com

Our cost was $20.00 per person. We walked off the ship with our luggage at 8:00 AM and were at MIA at 8:30 for our 11:00 flight to LA. They were there when they said they would be.

We had a 12:25 flight out of Miami for our last cruise and bought a Princess transfer to get there. Your Cruise Personalizer should say that your flight doesn't meet their criteria as mine did when you enter your flight info. I called Princess before my cruise and was told it wouldn't be a problem. We went to the purser's desk to make sure we were put in the first group off the ship and onto an early bus heading to MIA. We got there with a couple of hours to spare.

• 1 month later...
We've got the same flight. I've been working directly with Princess rep who said we should be fine. He included the transfer in our package and told me to go to the purser the day before to get off with the first group.

I got back to working on this transfer. My agent will not sell us the r/t transfers because of the 12:15 flight. Last year we had an international flight at noon to Panama and they let us buy the transfers and we were there in plenty of time. I called Princess yesterday and the agent I spoke with also said I could not get the return transfer. This is a little frustrating to say the least.

Yes, travelers2, we did book direct with Princess for the cruise, but not the flights. I purchased the flights several months ago and notified my Princess rep and he booked the transfer. As a matter of fact, I called yesterday just to confirm that they were aware of the flight times and the rep I spoke to thought we'd be fine, but to speak to the purser the day before. They strive to have passengers at the airport 2 hours before so I figured that if we could be on the first bus, we should be there by 10:30, which would be plenty of time....I hope! I'm going to take a chance with it.

Oh, another thing, I was told yesterday that if the purser thinks you will make it, you can always purchase the transfer on board. That was another option.

Bernie

In October of last year we had an early flight out of MIA and used SAS Transportation. Contact Steven at http://www.ridesas.com

Our cost was $20.00 per person. We walked off the ship with our luggage at 8:00 AM and were at MIA at 8:30 for our 11:00 flight to LA. They were there when they said they would be.

I was going to offer them also as i have used them 3 times with no problems.

The price is only $15pp for 3 or less. 4 or more is $13pp.

I just checked their website and it says they don't service the Miami airport.:confused:

Bill

I was going to offer them also as i have used them 3 times with no problems.

The price is only $15pp for 3 or less. 4 or more is $13pp.

I just checked their website and it says they don't service the Miami airport.:confused:

Bill

I too was going to suggest SAS.. As we have used them with great success...They "don't" have a contract that will allow them to "pick up" at MIA but check with them to see if they can drop you "off" at MIA..a big difference..e-mail them your info www.ridesas.com and Steve will usually respond very quickly...

I too was going to suggest SAS.. As we have used them with great success...They "don't" have a contract that will allow them to "pick up" at MIA but check with them to see if they can drop you "off" at MIA..a big difference..e-mail them your info www.ridesas.com and Steve will usually respond very quickly...

We had them take us both ways in Spring 2010. I was extremely happy with their service and thought their prices very reasonable.

SAS sounds great but I have checked with Steve and he no longer can service Miami Airport. Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm still going to work on getting the RT transfers from Princess. We have done it before with no problem. We are on 2 wks. back to back so if I can get the RT transfers I have time to check with the ship personnel regarding the transfer to the airport after the cruise. If they concur that we wouldn't have time then I can make arrangements the week before we disembark when we are back in Ft. Lauderdale.

We got off the Coral Princess two weeks ago in Ft. Lauderdale and needed to get to MIA for a 11:52 am flight. We could not do a Princess transfer but were able to just grab a shuttle just outside of the terminal. Not cheap at $90.00 but it got us to the airport in plenty of time and since our flights were dirt cheap it was okay with us. We also did the self disembarkation and were off the ship by 7:35, which allowed us plenty of time to get to the airport. Enjoy your cruise!!

SAS sounds great but I have checked with Steve and he no longer can service Miami Airport.

What happened? We have used Steve in the past several times and his company was so responsive to our arrival time in Miami (5:30AM) and to our pick up time in FLL from the cruise terminal back to MIA. They provided excellent service for a reasonable fee.

We need the same service in december 2011 so I enquierd via Email.

I'm contacting from Europe and have never used any of them, I looked up on the Internet. Maybe if any of you have used them can you recommend o tell us they are no good.

954-561-8888 tel number for Go they cuoted us for PE to our Hotel in Miami airport because we don't fly until the next day.$21 per pers.They also go from Miami to Port Everglades .

You can also contact the Miami supershuttle they cuoted $56 for 2 pers.

How much is Princess charging for the transfert from Port Everglades to MIA? Can somebody tell me?

I got back to working on this transfer. My agent will not sell us the r/t transfers because of the 12:15 flight. Last year we had an international flight at noon to Panama and they let us buy the transfers and we were there in plenty of time. I called Princess yesterday and the agent I spoke with also said I could not get the return transfer. This is a little frustrating to say the least.

You'll have a whole lot less stress if you just take a taxi ($80 incl tip). You can disembark at more leisurely pace and not have to wait for a bus to fill up and then stop at every terminal at a big airport. With a taxi, the 12:15 flight is no problem. Who wants to come off a relaxing cruise to then stress out? Spend a tiny bit more, and skip the transfer.

We need the same service in december 2011 so I enquierd via Email.

I'm contacting from Europe and have never used any of them, I looked up on the Internet. Maybe if any of you have used them can you recommend o tell us they are no good.

954-561-8888 tel number for Go they cuoted us for PE to our Hotel in Miami airport because we don't fly until the next day.$21 per pers.They also go from Miami to Port Everglades .

You can also contact the Miami supershuttle they cuoted $56 for 2 pers.

How much is Princess charging for the transfert from Port Everglades to MIA? Can somebody tell me?

MIA to PE round trip is $38 PP with Princess. One way transfer is $25 PP.

I called Go and they quoted me $75 for a private car and said the shared ride option is not available from the port. I also got a higher rate ($64)from Super Shuttle but will call them back to see if they give any kind of discount. Thanks for your info.

QLS (quality limo service) is another option for shared shuttle service from PE and the FLL area.

Larry's Limos has been suggested often on these boards for Miami service - inlcuding tip about the same as a cab but a much nicer ride.

Good luck! :)

MIA to PE round trip is $38 PP with Princess. One way transfer is $25 PP.

I called Go and they quoted me $75 for a private car and said the shared ride option is not available from the port. I also got a higher rate ($64)from Super Shuttle but will call them back to see if they give any kind of discount. Thanks for your info.

I stated before that the RT price to MIA from PE is $38, however, I spoke with Princess and she informed me that is the price for RT to FLL. The RT MIA-PE is $48. Once again confirming why I'm not using the TA I used to book this cruise. Anyway, that's why I was quoted the $25 PP one way....she had that part right. Also, the rep at Princess this time told me I should be okay with a 12:15 flight because for flights at 12:30 they will get to MIA at least 2 hours prior to their flight.

Archived