Confirm - Travel Irons

mlsully

We are going on FOS next year - just to confirm, I cannot take my travel iron with me correct? I know that irons are not provided.

Also, many posters mention to bring extension cords. Can you bring a power strip or should you do the extention cord instead?

No...irons will be confiscated. You can use the ship's pressing service, if you need to.

We've never needed a power strip...most items you might need to plug in don't have to be plugged in 24/7....

The only reason you may need an extension cord is if you need something plugged in next to the bed...the plug is on the vanity ACROSS from the bed, so someone with a CPAP need might require an extension cord. For things like charging a phone/ipod/camera, etc...the vanity plug will be fine!

No irons of any kind. Doesn't matter what size.

Everything I bring either doesn't wrinkle or once hung up, the wrinkles tend to fall out. Makes it a lot easier. Also, I pack anything I don't want wrinkled in dry cleaner bags. It really works.

Travel irons will get taken away. A hair straightener will work to get out some tough wrinkles and are allowed. You just have to really careful with them. Most hair straighteners will get hotter than a clothes iron so they can scorch your clothes if you use a high setting. You can spritz the wrinkled area with a little water before running the straightener over it to get a steam effect. Downy Wrinkle Release or hanging your clothes in the bathroom while you take a hot shower will get out most minor wrinkles. Don't use Downy on silk or satin - it can cause discoloration.

Just pack a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser. As you hang up your clothes, just give them a few sprays and the wrinkles come out nicely. For formal wear we always use the ships laundry service since it doesnt really cost that much and it is pretty convenient. Have fun.

Mike

Just pack a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser. As you hang up your clothes, just give them a few sprays and the wrinkles come out nicely. For formal wear we always use the ships laundry service since it doesnt really cost that much and it is pretty convenient. Have fun.

Mike

Ditto! :D

In a pinch, and if the fabric's ok with water, I spray the wrinkles and then blow dry them out with the hair dryer. That's saved me a few times. I love Downy, but I tend to get

the clothes wet enough that I can't wear them right away....the hair dryer works wonders.

In a pinch, and if the fabric's ok with water, I spray the wrinkles and then blow dry them out with the hair dryer. That's saved me a few times. I love Downy, but I tend to get

the clothes wet enough that I can't wear them right away....the hair dryer works wonders.

good idea....

with the wrinkle release, you have to plan a little ahead...even a couple hours..though i will admit that i've spritzed something and worn it (though not on a cruise) when it was still a little wet....:o:D

Me, too. I used the Downey solution once and found it was too much trouble. I carry an empty travel size hairspray bottle with me, fill it with water, and spray any wrinkles as I unpack. I smooth the wrinkle with my hands on the damp area, hang them up, and they can usually be worn immediately if we want. Just a little spritz is enough for most fabrics.

I started taking almost all knit clothes a few years ago, and my unpacking time has been cut dramatically. I used to iron and steam and fuss; now I spritz, smooth, and hang them up.

I still have my travel steamer, but I never take it anymore.

Archived