Thanks to everybody (lost Birth Certificate cruise)

huneymoonerz

I didn't respond on the original post because you already had all the suggestions I could make, but I said a prayer for you. My mom used to pray to St. Jude, patron of lost causes, so I went that route. I am so happy you were able to go, it sure sounded like you needed the break.

I also was touched by the outpouring of suggestions, prayers, and well wishes from the CC members. Y'all (as we say in the South) ROCK!!

I'm so happy this all worked out for you. I was sitting on the edge of my chair, sending you good vibes and crossing my fingers for you....I guess between that and everyone's prayers and your good karma, it all worked out! I can't wait to hear more about the cruise!

Glad you made it! Now, a quick question- would you mind outlining the exact procedure you had to follow so that we all have that information in order to 1) use it ourselves if the need arises or 2) help someone else in a similar situation? What forms did you have to obtain, what did the hospital have to do, etc. (And I do apologize if you've done this and I missed it).

Just wanted to thank everybody for their support! We were able to have the hospital DD was born at the verify her citizenship. It was a bit stressful but necessary.

DH and I took a lot of pics and video. Will do a review this weekend.

For those wondering... the folks in Vital Records Dept that I emailed over the weekend all wrote me back on Monday saying they're sorry they didn't see the email sooner. I doubt they could have gone in but they were very cool and hopeful for me.

While I was personally disappointed in myself for such a blunder, I told DH it was almost worth it just to see how many good people there are in the world including this bunch!

I have a lot of good karma to pay forward!

John Heald and Carnival's embarkation manager deserve a lot of credit. I plan to write Carnival to thank them personally and give proper accolades!

:) -- happy face from my 3 year-old!

ah! a happy ending! i hadn't heard.

i'll be curious when the real deal shows up. let us know, if ever it does.

We are so glad that you were able to make it. While reading your post, several times a day, I had to go check to make sure we had our documents. Your dilemma showed that there are a lot of people who still care for their fellow man, and I for one, was proud....Thank you!

While I was personally disappointed in myself for such a blunder, I told DH it was almost worth it just to see how many good people there are in the world including this bunch!

:) -- happy face from my 3 year-old!

Sometimes its hard to remember this, but there really are more good than bad out there. It's times like these that you can get a real feel for just how many good folks there are, who care about their fellow man...

It's really encouraging.

I'm glad you all made it, and thank you for the incentive to check (once again) that all of our documents are in order and accounted for for our upcoming cruise on the 24th.

Archived