Dear RCCL, Please come back to California

wblynch

Like many Californians and west coasters, we were introduced to cruising, sailing the three, four, and seven day trips out of LA down to Mexico. Also having the Radiance in San Diego in the winter and then up to Alaska in the summer provided other wonderful cruise experiences. We really miss the California RCI opportunities!

They even used to have the tiny Nordic Prince out here.

Now they're sending ships out the back door to some wal-mart level cruise line in Europe when they could send it right over here.

Nordic Empress... Sovereign... we would welcome them back !! :)

Yes..Come back West RCI..However ..Baja..:(..No..Mexican Riviera..:)..Yes..Are we that desperate ??..After many many years with RCI I have just booked my first Princess :eek:..cruise Feb'12..I missed the Mexican Riviera too much to resist !! Sorry RCI !!

Yes..Come back West RCI..However ..Baja..:(..No..Mexican Riviera..:)..Yes..Are we that desperate ??..After many many years with RCI I have just booked my first Princess :eek:..cruise Feb'12..I missed the Mexican Riviera too much to resist !! Sorry RCI !!

Our last cruise was on Princess. You will love it. After our January cruise on Allure we will be going back to Princess.

I love RCCL but they took my favorite ships to Europe and Asia leaving us little choice.

We can still sail the Mexican Riviera, the Pacific Coast and round trip to Hawaii - just not on RCCL (sadly)

They won't come back until Americans start wanting to go to Mexico again.;) The MR itineraries they have now on other lines are shadows of their former selves. An overnight in Cabo and Ensenada? Not in this lifetime would I do that itinerary!:eek:

All the cruise lines stopped going to Mazatlan because a drug dealer got shot in the tourist zone. Well, I hesitate to think of how many drug dealers get shot in Vancouver, Seattle, LA, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, New York - you get the picture. :rolleyes: Now Princess doesn't even go to Puerto Vallarta. It is SUCH a shame.:(

You may not want to hear this, but I like giving a fresh perspective on things. You may have to accept the fact that if you really want to cruise, you either try another cruiseline or travel to another port until RCI changes its mind.

For instance, I live in Boston, and I have no desire to do the New England/Canada ship that leaves from here. So I will always accept the fact that if I want to cruise somewhere, I need to fly to that point. Would I like better convenience? Sure! But it just isn't possible in my case.

You guys are lucky that you had options at one point. I wish I had tried a Mexican Rivera cruise before they cancelled them for good.

They won't come back until Americans start wanting to go to Mexico again.;) The MR itineraries they have now on other lines are shadows of their former selves. An overnight in Cabo and Ensenada? Not in this lifetime would I do that itinerary!:eek:

All the cruise lines stopped going to Mazatlan because a drug dealer got shot in the tourist zone. Well, I hesitate to think of how many drug dealers get shot in Vancouver, Seattle, LA, San Diego, New Orleans, Miami, New York - you get the picture. :rolleyes: Now Princess doesn't even go to Puerto Vallarta. It is SUCH a shame.:(

My 7 night itinerary for Feb 18th "is" Puerto Vallarta and over night in Cabo. Also Princess is showing for their Feb '13 itinerary Mazatlan again...So we'll just have to wait and see..Sorry we will be missing Mazatlan on my '12 dates but am excited about the over night in Cabo..I agree I have "0" interest in Ensenada or the old Baja Viking Serenade itinerary that included Avalon too..I don't think the tourist port areas in Mexico are any more dangerous than other ports..I believe not that long ago a tourist on a ship excursion was injured in St Maarten....It can happen anywhere even in your small town or mine...In the mean time RCI is loosing out on what could be a viable mexico market again..my sail dates are booking up very fast..Maybe RCI will take another look at our west coast market in the near future and offer us something...:)

In my opinion only, Mazatlan was "NO" big deal at all. Have been there a couple times and think it is alot better to overnight in Cabo. So few choices of things to do and feel safe at in Mazatlan.

We were on one of the very few changed itineraries on the "Mariner" when it was on the west coast when they took it out of Mexico. They had it do some northwest itineraries. Being we are from Los Angeles area we loved it. I wish there was more Pacific coastal itineraries then just in May sailing northbound and only available on Princess for a 7 day cruise to Vancouver and then southbound (when the ships are repositioning from Alaska) in Sept. The ports on the west coast are a nice change - San Francisco, Astoria, Oregon, Seattle, Monterey, etc.

It was so nice being on the west coast to just drive down to the port and hop on and come back to LA. (our cruise was round trip LA)

Anyway I wish they would do those again. But, seeing Captain Johnny (who was our captain on the Mariner) when we were on the Allure, he also said that RCCL didn't like that itinerary and Mariner wasn't making much money which was surprising since it seemed full.

Royal Caribbean had ships out here for over 30 years. Then up and left.

We don't need a Mariner, bring back the Monarch, Legend or Vision of the Seas!

Funny that Princess, Holland America and Carnival can make money out here.

I doubt the Baja short cruises will make a big come back. They are tailored to CA cruisers.

Princess changed some of their itneraries for select sailings due to the lack of interest in Mexican ports. They are doing more "costal" or "wine country" cruises now to draw up business.

I doubt the Baja short cruises will make a big come back. They are tailored to CA cruisers.

Princess changed some of their itneraries for select sailings due to the lack of interest in Mexican ports. They are doing more "costal" or "wine country" cruises now to draw up business.

So, why, do you, from Ohio think that the Baja cruises will never come back. Yes, they are tailored to California cruisers, as the Monarch and Majesty are tailored to the Florida cruisers.

The MN and MJ hit the same spots......week after week, and still remain full. Gee, why is that??:rolleyes:

Do you have any idea of the percentage of empty cabins on the MN, when she was sailing out of LA???

I know the facts............and maybe you do as well, so I'm going to let you come back to this thread with the facts.

There was a gentleman by the name of Stan McDonald. He was a friend of our family, and really started the West Coast run.......as that is where his ships were originally located. Now, years later, his company is owned by Carnival, and the ships travel world wide.

We, on the West Coast, miss men like Stan McDonald, and people like the Jack Williams of Royal Caribbean, who once, many years ago told me that he had two "cash cows", one was the Sovereign......running out of Florida, and the other was the Monarch......running out of California.

What we don't know is.......what California laws were put into effect to raise prices of just running cruise ships in and out of California, and what did California do in the way of raising port fees

There are people shot all over the world. No one from a passenger ship was shot in Mazatlan, or Puerto Vallarta. There were tourists that were shot in Acapulco.

There have been shootings in Cozumel. Do you think that has stopped any line from stopping there???

No.......Royal Caribbean shot themselves in the foot when they just abandoned the West Coast....under the helm of Mr. Goldstein.

Our last cruise was with Princess. Our next two are with RCCL, and then I'm going to try other cruise lines.

I could go on.....

Rick

You know, I would not mind an actual overnight in Cabo. But what they do not tell you is that you are not overnight in Cabo. You leave at night and sail back in the morning.

Now in Acapulco, we stayed at the dock overnight. We could come and go as we wished. It was actually very nice. In Cabo, the overnight is split. The ship leaves at night so if you are not back on board, you have to rent a room onshore. If I am going to do that, I will fly down and rent the rooms separately.

Sorry,. but cruise lines should not advertise they are there overnight when they leave you onshore and come back in the morning.

:confused:

Well said.

You know, I would not mind an actual overnight in Cabo. But what they do not tell you is that you are not overnight in Cabo. You leave at night and sail back in the morning.

Now in Acapulco, we stayed at the dock overnight. We could come and go as we wished. It was actually very nice. In Cabo, the overnight is split. The ship leaves at night so if you are not back on board, you have to rent a room onshore. If I am going to do that, I will fly down and rent the rooms separately.

Sorry,. but cruise lines should not advertise they are there overnight when they leave you onshore and come back in the morning.

:confused:

Are you sure about that..As I've heard with the fuel costs they do stay tendered in Cabo..:confused:

So, why, do you, from Ohio think that the Baja cruises will never come back. Yes, they are tailored to California cruisers, as the Monarch and Majesty are tailored to the Florida cruisers.

The MN and MJ hit the same spots......week after week, and still remain full. Gee, why is that??:rolleyes:

Do you have any idea of the percentage of empty cabins on the MN, when she was sailing out of LA???

I know the facts............and maybe you do as well, so I'm going to let you come back to this thread with the facts.

There was a gentleman by the name of Stan McDonald. He was a friend of our family, and really started the West Coast run.......as that is where his ships were originally located. Now, years later, his company is owned by Carnival, and the ships travel world wide.

We, on the West Coast, miss men like Stan McDonald, and people like the Jack Williams of Royal Caribbean, who once, many years ago told me that he had two "cash cows", one was the Sovereign......running out of Florida, and the other was the Monarch......running out of California.

What we don't know is.......what California laws were put into effect to raise prices of just running cruise ships in and out of California, and what did California do in the way of raising port fees

There are people shot all over the world. No one from a passenger ship was shot in Mazatlan, or Puerto Vallarta. There were tourists that were shot in Acapulco.

There have been shootings in Cozumel. Do you think that has stopped any line from stopping there???

No.......Royal Caribbean shot themselves in the foot when they just abandoned the West Coast....under the helm of Mr. Goldstein.

Our last cruise was with Princess. Our next two are with RCCL, and then I'm going to try other cruise lines.

I could go on.....

Rick

Well said...;)

Archived