Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Thank you! I feel so much better after everybody's replies. :)

Tink...LOVE your dress! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Would love to know where you got this... It's fab

Hi finch! I actually got it from Macys.com on clearance a little over a month ago. I did a search and it's no longer available. :(

Wow! I must have misread your question here - since apparently it appears some people thought you were asking for their opinion on the dress! I'm going to have to get a better pair of reading glasses since I am getting a bit older and the days of wearing a dress like that are over. :D

But if you can wear it and look good, go for it honey! A lady is not just about what she wears, but how she wears it and how she treats other people. ;)

I am looking at this dress. This is for an all inclusive Cancun resort vacation, so not as formal as some cruise nights.

What is confusing me, if you look at the picture this dress is pretty short, but it says 17 inches from waist which for me at 5'5 is right above my knee.... But looking at the picture seems that this girl is not much taller then me, and really short, too short for me... I am confused!

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~72~&ProductDisplayID=8791&dept=Venus+ClothingDresses&prod=hold+u+in+banded+dress

This is one of the ones I bought and I scored it for $13.00 after a coupon!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/clearance/women/brandsforwomen/chaps/PRD~844142/Chaps+Solid+Ruffle+Dress.jsp

Cute dress and you really scored:D....I have a Kohl's nearby and

I always looks at the Chap's clothing;).....they seem to have a

really good selection of dresses (among other things:)).

Congrats, 13 bucks!:D

Hi, Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on here much lately. Drew and I both have had bacterial pneumonia. He seemed to do fine after taking the z-pack of antibiotic and prednisone. It's been five long weeks for me, but finally this cough is letting up.:eek:

Anyway, I would always wake up around 4 a.m. coughing, since I didn't want to wake Drew, I decided just to go and check my emails and yes, even look online for some dresses. Of course the first place that I look is one of the two websites that I have always used to get my evening gowns for the cruises. I have to explain that I have actually never bid on a dress before. You ladies, all know that you can just purchase the dresses in whatever size, style and color that you want, most of the time.

However, while I was looking through her site, I noticed several dresses that had a starting bid of 9.99!!! Also, the bid time about to in just a few minutes, so I got both of my computers going and figured this might be an opportunity.:) Someone had already opened the bid on the red one, and the I opened the bid on the blue one, at which point someone bid against me. Just call me "Ol Quick Draw", I won both dresses for only $25.00!:D I just could not believe it. Oh, and because I bought two dresses there was a discount on the shipping!

Now honestly, I probably would not have bought picked this style if it had not been for the price as they are strapless (so I will need a wrap) but I figure for the money that I paid, I can certainly wear them a couple of evenings. I actually may wear the blue one for New Years Eve and the red one for the Sweetheart Ball this year.

Now for the rest of the story. The sweet lady emailed me, and asked me what size I needed. I told her that I usually order a twelve, but that I always have to take them to be altered and have the bust taken in as well as the shoulders and have them hemmed. So I asked her if I told her my measurments, could she tell me which size she thought would fit best. She said yes, send them to her.

All you ladies that have purchased from her before know how sweet she is in her replies. Well now for the rest of the story....she emailed me back and said that they "would custom make the dresses for me"!:) I was just thrilled. So I guess my first attempt at a dress auction was quite nice. I may just have to do that again.

Well I hope I haven't put you all to sleep with all this tedious detail. Everyone have a Happy Halloween, and if you have children or grandchildren, stay safe and have fun!

!B)MVdCw!2k~$(KGrHqUOKikEwRW!o6meBMMdRGGGsQ~~_12.JPG!B)MVe3QCGk~$(KGrHqYOKigEwP+sdESLBMMdRQQFP!~~_12.JPG

Sherrie--Please take care of yourself and rest when you can.

I've had B. Pneu. and it is no fun!:mad:

I cannot wait to hear about these dresses when they come. You don't really want the blue one now do you? You know how I love blue!:D

Would you please let me no where you got your dresses! They are great!

Thanks Teri

tcmm4@hotmail.com

Teri.

Thank you...of course I will more than glad to share the link with you...

eveningdress_garden I have bought several dresses from them over the last couple of years. They do beautiful work for the prices. Just be very specific when you order. They have always been very kind and always answer any questions that I have. There have been several other ladies that have ordered and I think most of them have been pleased as well. There is also another link that I ordered from as well. I will try to find that link also and post it.

Let me know if this link doesn't work and I will try to post it again.

WOW, Sherrie, LOVE THOSE DRESS's ! Can't wait to hear about them when you receive them. I think I saw them on the site.

Also, sorry we didn't get down to the Legion on that Saturday last month. One of these days we will make it. :D

Sorry to hear you & Drew have been sick. I now have a really bad cold & can hardly talk (my DH is enjoying the quiet!!). Hope you'll be feeling better soon. One other thing, my sister came through her surgery great and got good news, no cancer anywhere else, so we're all very happy about that. Going down to see her next wk.

Look forward to pictures of you in the dress. Take care.:)

WOW, Sherrie, LOVE THOSE DRESS's ! Can't wait to hear about them when you receive them. I think I saw them on the site.

Also, sorry we didn't get down to the Legion on that Saturday last month. One of these days we will make it. :D

Sorry to hear you & Drew have been sick. I now have a really bad cold & can hardly talk (my DH is enjoying the quiet!!). Hope you'll be feeling better soon. One other thing, my sister came through her surgery great and got good news, no cancer anywhere else, so we're all very happy about that. Going down to see her next wk.

Look forward to pictures of you in the dress. Take care.:)

Judy, Thanks so much. Don't worry about that. We will manage to get together at some point.

I'm so glad to know that your sister came through her surgery and is feeling better. And more than that to know that she is cancer free! What a blessing! Also, hope that you get to feeling better soon. Take care of that cold.

Drew's Wife, I've just got to ask, from your avatar and signature--is Drew a crew member on AF One? He must be in the 89th in some way.

Yes, Thank you for asking. He was with the 89th SAM FOX during three Presidential administrations. I'm not sure how to link it, but there is another thread on the fashion board with recent pictures of our vow renewal on 26000.

Teri' date='[/b']

I don't think that link will work, so try this. hopefully this will work for you!:)

http://stores.ebay.com/eveningdress-garden?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Hi Again, I went in an looked at the dress's and there is another one like the 2 you ordered in a different color for $9.99, Free Shipping & no bids yet! I'm really tempted ;) but would like to wait to hear from you abut the ones you ordered. When do you think your's will arrive?

Also, thanks for the kind words about my sister, she's doing really well. I'm also feeling much better today. Hope you are too. :D

Hi Again, I went in an looked at the dress's and there is another one like the 2 you ordered in a different color for $9.99, Free Shipping & no bids yet! I'm really tempted ;) but would like to wait to hear from you abut the ones you ordered. When do you think your's will arrive?

Also, thanks for the kind words about my sister, she's doing really well. I'm also feeling much better today. Hope you are too. :D

Judy,

I actually received an email today that the dresses have been shipped. She said they should arrive by November 16. Not sure when the end date is on the auction....there will probably be a real bidding war now!:D Seriously if you can get it for that I would go ahead and bid.

Yes, I do feel better. Still just can't get rid of the cough altogether. Of course it is worse at night. It will just take time.

I am anxious to see how the dresses are. Of course you can wear the style with no problem because you are tall and slim. Me...no so much. But again, for the price, I think they will be fine for an evening on the ship for a special night such as New Years Eve.

Yes' date=' Thank you for asking. He was with the 89th SAM FOX during three Presidential administrations. I'm not sure how to link it, but there is another thread on the fashion board with recent pictures of our vow renewal on 26000.[/b']

Fantastic! I'm an AF pilot on another airframe, and have a few friends in the 89th. That must have been great for you.

Picked this up this week. Wanted something other than black because I already had 2 different black dresses. Now I am ready to pack!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/donna-ricco-ruffle-trim-charmeuse-sheath-dress/3242240?origin=category&resultback=640

I like Donna Ricco. I have a black satin spaghetti strap sheath dress by her which I'm wearing on my cruise this upcoming weekend. I bought it a couple of years ago at Marshalls for about 1/3 the full price!

I like Donna Ricco. I have a black satin spaghetti strap sheath dress by her which I'm wearing on my cruise this upcoming weekend. I bought it a couple of years ago at Marshalls for about 1/3 the full price!

I know this doesn't pertain to the above, but I see your going on Oasis, if you haven't sailed on her before, you are going to LOVE IT ! :D We can't wait to go again! Enjoy the cruise & all their eating places!!! :)

been having great experiences with ebay too. one hint I bid to a reasonable amount like £20 then let someone else win. everytime so far I have got a second chance offer for the £20. love Cherlone ebay dresses. fun pretty and light materials so not too hot to wear and cheap enough for none of it to be a stress :)