Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I am going on a holland america cruise in a month..

I'm planning on bringing these dresses..

http://www.reitmans.com/Sleeveless-ruffle-dress/842265,default,pd.html?dwvar_842265_color=Caliente%20Red&start=0&cgid=Dresses&prefn1=silouhette&prefv1=Women

that dress in red..

http://www.reitmans.com/Short-sleeve-sequin-dress/842267,default,pd.html?dwvar_842267_color=Black&start=0&cgid=Dresses&prefn1=silouhette&prefv1=Women

black sparkly number..

http://www.suzyshier.com/eng/product/sweetheart_all_over_draped_dress/013346840405

simple black

and

http://www.suzyshier.com/eng/product/sequined_mesh_bustier_dress/023246840088

I also have a number of sundresses and such..

I'm not too into the very formal gowns..I like simple and fun :) These are also very affordable and ones I can reuse!

After drooling over this thread for a year and a half, we're home from our cruise and I can post pictures.

I spent a year looking for things on ebay and Dillards on clearance and bought the size I hoped would fit (I lost 94 lbs. in the past 3 years). All but 1 fit :)

384122_2344636053312_1172332413_32202013_1960352526_n.jpg

379898_2344641853457_1172332413_32202030_2018357479_n.jpg

I bought this one in St. Thomas. Now I wish I would have bought the purple one too.

393326_2344951221191_1172332413_32202359_1619873659_n.jpg

383863_2345038943384_1172332413_32202469_766347304_n.jpg

It was our first cruise, and I had so much fun dressing up every night (10 nights).

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for a wonderful Holiday and Christmas season. Guess I'm really excited as I get to see my family and those precious grandchildren in about a week!:)

Just wanted to let you all know that the turquoise and grape color dresses that I ordered arrived today. They are just lovely!

Never really thought I would even consider a "turquoise" dress, but it is so pretty. And the "grape" color is even better than the photo. It is actually a deep royal "purple"!:) I was a little afraid that it might be a light color and I'm not fond of light pale colors on me. The turquoise dress is a really vibrant color, just like the waters of the Carribean.

The dresses are a perfect fit....she custom fit the last four dresses that I bought so these won't need any alterations. The purple and turquoise dresses have an extra long train in the back, so I may have that shortened, but they look so elegant when they trail in the back.

Once again, this lady has made some amazing dresses....the workmanship is top notch, the prices and shipping were great, but they are always so kind and courteous to work with. I'm sure I will find some more dresses to share in the future.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

1629019587_purplegown.jpg.e53e8d75b6d80d48789f77563bccf092.jpg

1945011317_turquoisegown.jpg.4ea7b8d0d724eda7d35d3d89c600bcf9.jpg

Drew's Wife,

I have a turquoise formal dress that also has a train in the back. I was worried about the train being stepped on in some of the crowd situations on board (like leaving a show), so I sewed a loop big enough for me to grab on the underside of the dress back that let me carry the train out to the side when necessary (like many bridal dresses have if the train is not bustled up after the ceremony).

Drew's Wife,

I have a turquoise formal dress that also has a train in the back. I was worried about the train being stepped on in some of the crowd situations on board (like leaving a show), so I sewed a loop big enough for me to grab on the underside of the dress back that let me carry the train out to the side when necessary (like many bridal dresses have if the train is not bustled up after the ceremony).

That is a very good idea. I have a wonderful alterations lady and I'm sure she could do that really easy. I really like the extended train, it looks very elegant....and "red carpet".:rolleyes::)

Drew's Wife - the dresses are beautiful. I'm still looking for a dress for a vow renewal (perhaps 2013 - our 40th) --- can't seem to find exactly what I want - I do know that I would like silver. I'll just have to keep looking! :D Jan

Jan, I just saw this dress on a David's link on Facebook. They were taking a vote which on which dress should go on the $99 sale. I voted for this one.....It's in silver!!;):)

1183542675_silverdress.jpg.8d2dead829c1fe27180f353be1a8aada.jpg

Hi Kelly, congrats on your weight loss:) and your dresses are lovely.

I am a purple gal and the purple dress is so pretty!:D..actually,

you have 2 purple ones and a blue one. I love them all!;)

Kleo 30

Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great!!! Your dresses are beautiful. I especially like your last one, the long purple one. May I ask where you purchased this one.:rolleyes: Great souvenir pictures!

Thank you.

I bought the purple dress at Dillards. I'd go in every few weeks and check their clearance rack and scored that at 75% off :)

I found this lovely number this last weekend... over 50% off! Love the retro feel of it and it even has pockets... too cute.

Anyway, Christmas Day dinner is NOT a formal night on our upcoming cruise, is this dress still OK to wear to dinner in the MDR? too fru fru?

We will be on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam if that makes any difference.

xmasphoto.jpg

~Stephanie

Edited by Stephani

I found this lovely number this last weekend... over 50% off! Love the retro feel of it and it even has pockets... too cute.

Anyway, Christmas Day dinner is NOT a formal night on our upcoming cruise, is this dress still OK to wear to dinner in the MDR? too fru fru?

We will be on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam if that makes any difference.

xmasphoto.jpg

~Stephanie

A really cute dress! Such a pretty color. I bought a grey metallic dress last year for our cruise...it had pockets...They were so cute! Loved them.

By all means this dress will be perfect for your Christmas dinner. I wear a cocktail dress every night during our cruise except for formal night, then I wear a long gown. You could wear this dress any night and it will be perfect.

Just wanted to add, the dress looks stunning on you!:)

Good morning Ladies,

I'm excited this morning, and wanted to share a little something with those who have purchased dresses from the lady in China.

I recently purchased four new dresses from her, and they were all strapless. I decided to email her and see if it was possible to get matching shawls for the dresses (should have asked when I first bought them).:confused:

She emailed back said yes! Told me that I would have them before Dec.15th.:)

1932482574_purplegown.jpg.7d5e6f730765d132ad6d2622c8678449.jpg

1568830360_turquoisegown.jpg.a4f419d32b24dcb6f43a740bb55b76c1.jpg

811066771_blueeveninggown.jpg.d321a9118528a3d18d239f8f9fcf674b.jpg

1828039638_Valentinedress.jpg.931cc95cb614ad0f42884d9d86537a15.jpg

After drooling over this thread for a year and a half, we're home from our cruise and I can post pictures.

I spent a year looking for things on ebay and Dillards on clearance and bought the size I hoped would fit (I lost 94 lbs. in the past 3 years). All but 1 fit :)

384122_2344636053312_1172332413_32202013_1960352526_n.jpg

379898_2344641853457_1172332413_32202030_2018357479_n.jpg

I bought this one in St. Thomas. Now I wish I would have bought the purple one too.

393326_2344951221191_1172332413_32202359_1619873659_n.jpg

383863_2345038943384_1172332413_32202469_766347304_n.jpg

It was our first cruise, and I had so much fun dressing up every night (10 nights).

All your dresses were gorgeous and I loved the shoes ! Congratulations on your weight loss !

Good morning Ladies' date=' [/b']

I'm excited this morning, and wanted to share a little something with those who have purchased dresses from the lady in China.

I recently purchased four new dresses from her, and they were all strapless. I decided to email her and see if it was possible to get matching shawls for the dresses (should have asked when I first bought them).:confused:

She emailed back said yes! Told me that I would have them before Dec.15th.:)

Hi Sherrie,

Can't believe the deals you get! :D Would you like to be my "personal shopper"???;) Just kidding. Do you think she would make any of the short cocktail dresses longer? I guess I could e-mail her to ask, just thought maybe you'd know.

Hope you & Drew had a nice Thanksgiving, as we did. Had friends down from Atlanta, so it was fun. Took them to the Legion on Friday & had a great time. Now busy & hectic as ever with the holiday coming.

Thanks also for your kind words in re to my sister, who is doing GREAT, thank the Lord. :D

Hi Sherrie,

Can't believe the deals you get! :D Would you like to be my "personal shopper"???;) Just kidding. Do you think she would make any of the short cocktail dresses longer? I guess I could e-mail her to ask, just thought maybe you'd know.

Hope you & Drew had a nice Thanksgiving, as we did. Had friends down from Atlanta, so it was fun. Took them to the Legion on Friday & had a great time. Now busy & hectic as ever with the holiday coming.

Thanks also for your kind words in re to my sister, who is doing GREAT, thank the Lord. :D

Hi there Judy,

Good to hear from you. I'm not sure if she will make them long, but I imagine that she would. Probably just cost a little more. I know you can give them a length to make them shorter. I think they will do their best to fix a dress just about any way you want it.It would certainly be worth emailing and asking. You could send a photo of the dress you want and ask her to make it a certain length. I have seen a couple that I thought would be great short. Let me know what you find out!;)

I'm so glad to know that your sister is doing well, always a great thing to hear. Our health is so precious and something to cherish. Drew's best friend passed away this past Thursday. He and Drew have played music together for the last 15 years. He had lung cancer and had not been able to play for the last few months. Drew had pretty much put most music on hold, except for some things that he had contracts. This will be the first New Year's Eve without them playing together. I think it will be tough on Drew, but we knew this was inevitable.

We went to the Legion on Thanksgiving. A couple from Church joined us and then came back to the house for desert. It was a very nice enjoyable day. I'll be leaving next week to go to Nashville to see all of my family. It has been a little over a year since I have seen them. Can hardly wait.:)

Hope you find a dress you like and that she can make it the length you want. I'm anxious to hear what you find out.:)

SL

Thanks Sherri for the info. I will send her an e-mail. Please tell Drew we're so sorry to hear about his friend. It's always hard to lose someone you care about & have been friends with for so long. Unfortunately we're all getting up to that age when things like this are going to continue to happen.

Will let you know if I find out anything about the dresses. :)

A really cute dress! Such a pretty color. I bought a grey metallic dress last year for our cruise...it had pockets...They were so cute! Loved them.

By all means this dress will be perfect for your Christmas dinner. I wear a cocktail dress every night during our cruise except for formal night' date=' then I wear a long gown. You could wear this dress any night and it will be perfect.[/b']

Just wanted to add, the dress looks stunning on you!:)

Thank You Drew's Wife! Such kind words and I will wear it with an extra spring in my step ;)

Moegr - Just had to say you look amazing and well done on your equally amazing weight loss - I'm trying to lose and it's hard when you get to a certain age;) - I say right now I'm older than you! What fun you must have had choosing all those lovely outfits!:)

I've been losing weight for months, but I decided I needed to take a little pressure off myself and bought a different red dress for our upcoming cruise.

The first one came in a little smaller than I had anticipated (bought it about 3 months ago) and while I could probably wear it, it's still a little too snug for my liking. I'll just wear the first one I bought for Valentine's day (I know it'll fit by then! LOL!!)

This is the newest addition :)

2062386744_reddress.jpg.0d408b282625bb9c765ecebf657fb641.jpg

457188199_redback.jpg.96f730f4bf10a41657b287450c60ebb0.jpg

1689739041_redbottom.jpg.648943fcb6b5fdfe8983d64d64475c55.jpg

Love the red dress!

Have a great time!

Michelle :)

I've been losing weight for months, but I decided I needed to take a little pressure off myself and bought a different red dress for our upcoming cruise.

The first one came in a little smaller than I had anticipated (bought it about 3 months ago) and while I could probably wear it, it's still a little too snug for my liking. I'll just wear the first one I bought for Valentine's day (I know it'll fit by then! LOL!!)

This is the newest addition :)