Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

You look beautiful in both dresses....but the BLUE one is gorgeous on you!!! :p May I ask where you bought it?

Lynda

I tried it on in Nordstroms, then bought it for alot less on ebay! Nordstroms was also out of all the pretty colors. In store, they only had coral, and online they only had black or grey. I felt amazing wearing it, and even posed for a pic with the gorgeous captain we had (see pic). Can't wait to wear it again on the Allure a year from now.

6338280777_8237eb6443_m.jpg

I tried it on in Nordstroms, then bought it for alot less on ebay! Nordstroms was also out of all the pretty colors. In store, they only had coral, and online they only had black or grey. I felt amazing wearing it, and even posed for a pic with the gorgeous captain we had (see pic). Can't wait to wear it again on the Allure a year from now.

6338280777_8237eb6443_m.jpg

Beautiful dress - great color for you!!! We were on the Oasis last month and will be doing a b2b on her in 2013. Did you like the Oasis? Jan

I haunt clothing racks at better stores and I'm usually rewarded for my efforts. I'm fluffy and I like to try on my clothes because a 20W isn't always cut the same, so as much as I love Ebay, I don't feel it will work for me. I bought my newest cocktail dress at Lord and Taylor for $40....it was a $280 dress and am very excited that I will be wearing it in just a few weeks! It's an Adrianna Papell, very flattering in all the right places!:D I also got the pictured shirts from them for $10 a piece....all had prices better than $50!:eek: The salmon dress was earmarked for this cruise....my 73 year young friend picked it up for me in a boutique near her winter home in Florida for $35. I intend to lose enough weight to wear it next cruise! The deals are amazing out there!

Just a quick note for those of you that shop at Nordstrom....last year, I purchased palazzo pants and a glittery blouse off the clearance rack. I lost some weight, but they never fit quite right. I had only sent merchandise back to Nordstrom....never took anything back to the store. I read online that they don't have a time limit for return. I had lost the receipt, however they still had the tags on them. Turns out they took them back....I got the price I paid! I love their customer service! :)

newdress.jpg.7c436f644ac700938814343d6b86f8f4.jpg

2064697186_dressforcruise.jpg.09f78ee0c165b6bf5ccb27544356c908.jpg

lordandtaylorclothes.jpg.556d2dbe98fe4b6cf88ad37fa1d5a49d.jpg

Edited by islandgirlejfan

I haunt clothing racks at better stores and I'm usually rewarded for my efforts. I'm fluffy and I like to try on my clothes because a 20W isn't always cut the same, so as much as I love Ebay, I don't feel it will work for me. :)

The trick to buying successfully on ebay is to buy a brand you already wear . Always buy from someone that includes measurements that way you can measure something you already have to see if it will fit and always buy from a top rated seller .Plus always check shipping prices before you buy some sellers used to inflate them but ebay has taken care of that .

Sonicked where did you buy your dress? Does it come in any other colors? I love it!

It's from an Australian/NZ store called Forever New - http://forevernew.com.au. You can buy it online, but I don't know if they ship overseas. It only came in white, but I am sure if you went to a dressmaker, it would be simple enough to make.

Beautiful dress - great color for you!!! We were on the Oasis last month and will be doing a b2b on her in 2013. Did you like the Oasis? Jan

I loved the Oasis. My sister and I already booked the Allure for Nov 2012 - before we even stepped foot on the Oasis. We had been on Liberty of the Seas, and knew we would love Oasis. Don't know if friends will be joining us again, but I wanted to lock in a good price. We're paying the same for the Allure next year as we did for Oasis this year.

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is getting ready for a Blessed Happy Thanksgiving with family, friends and loved ones. While I was online checking out some Thanksgiving menu items, I found myself wandering to my favorite ebay dress site.:rolleyes:

I wanted to share my latest aquisitions. I've never really considered a turquoise dress, but think it might be rather pretty on a Tropical cruise....and I love the grape color of the second dress. The best part is that I once again got both these dresses for a steal! $10 each!:eek::D

Everyone have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving.

1739572423_grapedress11-22-11.jpg.6aa809ee290745948ed40b4015d7b4da.jpg

923232802_TurquoiseDress11-22-11.jpg.7a97262a5682c259c1d72b7ae7924fd9.jpg

We just returned from our cruise on Freedom of the Seas. Our photo from the first formal night: FormalNight1-1.jpg

I know there were several of you that had this dress (AnitaLatte and Boo2) or were interested in it. I just wanted to give a heads up that I think it was being marked down because the zipper design is really faulty. The zipper broke before the cruise, but I liked it enough that I thought it was worth getting fixed. So now, the dress isn't SUCH a bargain.:( But even though the tailor tried to stitch down the extraneous fabric when he put in the new zipper I could tell it was still catching where all the fabric is ruched. I found that it was easy enough for me to get on and off without unzipping it all the way.

On formal night I stepped off the elevator onto the Royal Promenade, and saw a woman with the same dress (which I figured I would at the price!). But she showed me she had to sew it on herself, since the zipper broke when she put it on.

So a heads up to be careful with it!

I wore this on the second night - I know the pose doesn't show much of the dress. Last year I wore the matching bolero for photos, so I wanted a change for this year:

FormalNight2c-1.jpg

Hi Ladies' date='[/color']

Hope everyone is getting ready for a Blessed Happy Thanksgiving with family, friends and loved ones. While I was online checking out some Thanksgiving menu items, I found myself wandering to my favorite ebay dress site.:rolleyes:

I wanted to share my latest aquisitions. I've never really considered a turquoise dress, but think it might be rather pretty on a Tropical cruise....and I love the grape color of the second dress. The best part is that I once again got both these dresses for a steal! $10 each!:eek::D

Everyone have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving.

Beautiful, flowy dresses. Do you mind sharing the name of the site? I'm in the market for pretty party clothes at unbelieveably low prices.

Beautiful, flowy dresses. Do you mind sharing the name of the site? I'm in the market for pretty party clothes at unbelieveably low prices.

Of course I will share with you...here is the link...

http://stores.ebay.com/eveningdress-garden?_trksid=p4340.l2563

The lady is so nice and they do amazing work for the prices. I have never regretted any of the the dresses that I have purchased. Just be specific with your sizes and measurments. I always ask for a total amount due, including shipping. Hope you find something you like.:)

My first cruise is coming up in January - 7 day eastbound transatlantic Cunard QM2. I know there are 3 formal nights including the black and white ball, but I just can't find a fun formal black gown! I admit, I like color.

At the moment, I think I've narrowed down the other two dresses at least, both from high school proms (I finally fit back into them). One is a one-shouldered floor length gown with a side slit and a very bright pattern. Another is a very simple sleeveless red gown. A third is an ivory vintage 40s wedding gown with a silk short cape. I was considering wearing a sari, but I'm not sure if this would be appropriate.

photo.php?fbid=1102668171867&set=t.689425610&type=3&theater

Are these too informal? I know Cunard is extremely dressy (one of the major reasons I'm so excited!), but I tend to wear very modern evening gowns (vintage dress excluded). Will I come off as too casual?

My first cruise is coming up in January - 7 day eastbound transatlantic Cunard QM2. I know there are 3 formal nights including the black and white ball, but I just can't find a fun formal black gown! I admit, I like color.

At the moment, I think I've narrowed down the other two dresses at least, both from high school proms (I finally fit back into them). One is a one-shouldered floor length gown with a side slit and a very bright pattern. Another is a very simple sleeveless red gown. A third is an ivory vintage 40s wedding gown with a silk short cape. I was considering wearing a sari, but I'm not sure if this would be appropriate.

photo.php?fbid=1102668171867&set=t.689425610&type=3&theater

Are these too informal? I know Cunard is extremely dressy (one of the major reasons I'm so excited!), but I tend to wear very modern evening gowns (vintage dress excluded). Will I come off as too casual?

Even though I can't see the pictures, they sound absolutely perfect! If you are concerned that they may not be formal enough, the right accessories will make all the difference. Look forward to seeing them ON you!

We were on a TA on QE2 a couple of years ago. I'm sure not everyone was in black or white for the "Black and White Ball". It was more that the dance floor area was decorated in black and white.

There were quite a number of guests in national dress at dinner on formal nights. I think the sari would be lovely any evening.

Alright, I think I FINALLY figured out how to upload a picture. The first is me in the multicolored dress with my friend borrowing my red dress, and the second is a (very old) picture of me with the girls I was babysitting, wearing the vintage gown (it was dress up time).

Everyone looks so gorgeous!

1386175308_Screenshot2011-11-27at1_00_14AM.jpg.33c46d3318c58273f035a34d7565db55.jpg

n689425610_6339742_5398640.jpg.6f23711f6cef9835e1d3fe3a95c676ed.jpg

Everyone DOES look gorgeous!

You will fit right in with any of those three--your main decision now is which one to chose for the Captain's Party, bearing in mind that the official photographers will take your picture with the Captain/Commodore and yes, they're for sale... For Britannia guests, that would be on the night of the Black and White Ball (traditionally the first formal of the cruise/crossing). If I were you, I would pick the red one, which would give a nice contrast next to his uniform...