When in port, can you take alcohol OFF the ship?

wife2b

DH & I would like to watch the sunset on the beach with a bottle of wine while in port one evening ;)

I know the rules regarding bringing alcohol onto the ship. What about taking an unopened bottle of wine off the ship?

Thanks!

Got to be cheaper to buy it in port than to buy it on the ship and take it off.

I imagine it's less about price and more about the type or brand of wine they like to drink. They may bring it from home, too.

I agree though, it is probably cheaper to buy it in port than on the ship.

We do plan to bring our favorite wine from home :) If we drink it all by then it seems to make more sense for us just to buy more in port.

We will check on alcohol policies for the beach we'll be going to, good idea.

Thanks!

We do plan to bring our favorite wine from home :) If we drink it all by then it seems to make more sense for us just to buy more in port.

We will check on alcohol policies for the beach we'll be going to, good idea.

Thanks!

Just remember the rules of bringing the wine on the ship when you embark (ie one 750 ml bottle per person limit)

Wow.......where are you going to be that you will be in port at Sunset? I don't think I ever have been even on my winter cruises.

Next year Freedom starts cruises from FLL to the southern Caribbean with one of the port visits being 2PM-11PM. FH and I are going on 10/6/12 for our honeymoon. :)

Wow.......where are you going to be that you will be in port at Sunset? I don't think I ever have been even on my winter cruises.

Might be Aruba, Puerto Rico or even Nassau. We've had late sailings from all three of these ports. :) I believe Aruba was 9:00, PR was 11:00 p.m. (although we didn't arrive until mid afternoon), and Nassau was 10 or 11.

We have been in St. Thomas and Puerta Vallarta after dark. And will be in Aruba soon after dark.

Next year Freedom starts cruises from FLL to the southern Caribbean with one of the port visits being 2PM-11PM. FH and I are going on 10/6/12 for our honeymoon. :)

I do remember being in PR until late back in the 80's but the last two times were daylight. I'm pretty sure that all of my stops in Nassau and St. T have been daytime departures too.........

Oh we did overnight in Venice and that was cool.........

Well good luck and congratulations but be safe.......we are 2 middle aged sisters and I'm not sure we would feel safe doing something like that........

If you are sailing to Bermuda on Pride next month you may as well bring your own. Buying a bottle from the ship's wine list may even be less expensive than buying wine in Bermuda. Food and beverages are very expensive there. Nearly everything is imported and alcohol is heavily taxed.

Sailing Pride to Bermuda :D

If you are sailing to Bermuda on Pride next month you may as well bring your own. Buying a bottle from the ship's wine list may even be less expensive than buying wine in Bermuda. Food and beverages are very expensive there. Nearly everything is imported and alcohol is heavily taxed.

Thanks for the reminder- I almost forgot about how pricey Bermuda can be :o

I have never been in a port at dark but i would imagine it would be nice to try once!

True enough. The only time we were not to happy with that was in St. Croix. After donner they had all local vendors at the end of the pier. Walking down to the end of the ents and tables set up, I def. got a bad vibe so we rounded up the kids (they were younger and smaller back then) and headed back to the safety of the ship. Sailing in winter months gives you more of an opportunity for this type of activity (meaning the nice side not the bad experience) of being on shore after dark.

Cozumel is only port I can think of that I can remember regularly being still at the dock after dark.

Archived