can you order a bottle of liquor or wine for your room?

6Health7

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Very nice.  Did you order/purchase it while you were on the ship or do you pre order?

Was this a Princess cruise that sailed from the United States, or from South Hampton or a European port?

Dan

The cruise was from Singapore to Shanghai , a month ago so very recent experience.

I pre ordered from the UK in GBP and the bottles were delivered to the cabin on boarding day after I followed the instructions in the cabin to redeem the order note.

RCI are no longer our first choice when looking at cruises so for us to have this facility with Princess was a bonus . 

On 1/28/2019 at 11:28 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Who said that they couldn't or wouldn't?

These questions have been about liquor.

I was giving him a different option of things he could enjoy.  No one said he could or would not. 

1 hour ago, COCKYMARK said:

Thinking about ordering the rum package for my upcoming cruise...someone earlier said they didnt get it till day 5 is that true? if anyone else ordered alcohol pre cruise? how was it and when did you get it?

We ordered it on Allure last summer and it was in our room when we boarded. It was great for having a drink on the balcony. We would definitely order it again. 

Edited by sdteacher

8 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Thanks I thought that it was odd you didnt get it on first day.

If sailing from Texas it won’t arrive until after you leave and most likely not until the next day.

if ordering from Royal Caribbean at the Royal gifts site, you pick what day to have it delivered. Perhaps the folks that got it day 5 accidentally ordered for that day?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any answers for RCI cruises?  Thanks for the answer on Princess Cruises.  WE love Cinnamon Toast drinks and I know they sell Fireball and Rumchatta both on the ship and wondered if we can enjoy what we purchase while on the ship.  We will also enjoy our bottles of wine with dinner each evening. 

Edited by Vlgg731

34 minutes ago, Vlgg731 said:

Does anyone have any answers for RCI cruises?   ...

Royal allows wine to be purchased or brought onboard (2 bottles max per stateroom) for consumption in the stateroom or anywhere else on the ship.  They may charge corkage for bottles you bring onboard that are consumed in a public venue.

Royal does not allow bottles of spirits purchased onboard to be consumed during the cruise.  They will hold the bottles until the last night or even the last day.  Same goes for bottles of spirits purchased at a port stop.

Royal allows limited purchases of spirits pre-cruise, some ships excluded, see this:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/other-packages/