Omg what a day check and double check

rick&james

Let me start by saying ive been on several cruise this makes 15 and im very tenaciuos when it comes to paper work and documents and me and my partner have passports so i decided on this cruise to take my 13 and 19 year old sisters with us there second cruise so my mom did not want to get passports as this was a fairly last minute trip so today we fly out at 310 pm from nashville......

so last night after my 19 year old sister gets off work she decides she wants to go out i advised this was not a good idea as we are about to go on vacation and she will be able to club for 4 nights on the ship but she insisted shes over 18 so what do i know right :rolleyes: i adv please be careful and dont lose her ID AS SHE WILL NEED IT FOR THE SHIP AND AIRPORT so i get a text at 4am that she made it home safely im relieved so the rest of the day is normal until its time the leave i ask her for her DL as i like to doulbe and triple check everything before we leave she hands me a state id ok thats fine but i look and its expired 9/2/2011 OMG its 1230 i ask where is your DL i get i lost it at the club was her response so i go into the i TOLD YOU SO she says the ID will work i adv NO it will not its expired so we go into panic mode i think my mom says ill jst drive her to Jacksonville after we go get a new one im like 11 hours NO i say i adv she will have to face the heat and will not go she starts crying like a hurricane and begging me to figure a way for her to go so its now 1245............

so we take off for the DMV im driving 90-100 down the interstate I get to the DMV in 10 min which normally takes 30 mins i make a big annoucemnt about what happen they let us jump line and we get the ID in 10 mins and rush to the airport and check in at 205 what a dayyyyyyyy :eek: so as im typing this im at our hotel in Jacksonville :D i really need this cruise after today....

Teenagers!!!!!!!

Ok, so that was a little dramatic, but teenagers will never listen to an adult! When the sheet hits the fan they then freak out....the old cliched saying, "I told you so" is ooooh so true..

This is True.... :eek:

At least you're there!!! Have fun!!!!!

When we took dd and her boyfriend, we dropped the luggage and went to check in only to find out that her bf left his drivers license in his pants pocket and it's IN THE LUGGAGE......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all worked out, we got him onboard....but OH THE STRESS....

I now am a big control freak and hold ALL id's, passports or birth cert!!!!

This sounds like what I've been worrying about for a few months now. We are leaving on the Spirit to Hawaii in December. I've paid for my 19 year old daughter to go, but since she doesn't live at home anymore I'm so afraid something like this is going to happen! Luckily I have her passport locked away in my safe!

What a stressful situation! I'm so glad it all worked out. Have a wonderful trip!

Let me start by saying ive been on several cruise this makes 15 and im very tenaciuos when it comes to paper work and documents and me and my partner have passports so i decided on this cruise to take my 13 and 19 year old sisters with us there second cruise so my mom did not want to get passports as this was a fairly last minute trip so today we fly out at 310 pm from nashville......

so last night after my 19 year old sister gets off work she decides she wants to go out i advised this was not a good idea as we are about to go on vacation and she will be able to club for 4 nights on the ship but she insisted shes over 18 so what do i know right :rolleyes: i adv please be careful and dont lose her ID AS SHE WILL NEED IT FOR THE SHIP AND AIRPORT so i get a text at 4am that she made it home safely im relieved so the rest of the day is normal until its time the leave i ask her for her DL as i like to doulbe and triple check everything before we leave she hands me a state id ok thats fine but i look and its expired 9/2/2011 OMG its 1230 i ask where is your DL i get i lost it at the club was her response so i go into the i TOLD YOU SO she says the ID will work i adv NO it will not its expired so we go into panic mode i think my mom says ill jst drive her to Jacksonville after we go get a new one im like 11 hours NO i say i adv she will have to face the heat and will not go she starts crying like a hurricane and begging me to figure a way for her to go so its now 1245............

so we take off for the DMV im driving 90-100 down the interstate I get to the DMV in 10 min which normally takes 30 mins i make a big annoucemnt about what happen they let us jump line and we get the ID in 10 mins and rush to the airport and check in at 205 what a dayyyyyyyy :eek: so as im typing this im at our hotel in Jacksonville :D i really need this cruise after today....

Wow! I agree, what a great big brother you are. I'm so glad it worked out thankfully, and yes, you do deserve to relax & enjoy the cruise to the fullest!!! :D

Wow that's crazy! I'm just glad everything worked out ok in the end. Maybe you should hold on to her id on the ship and in port. You don't want her losing it in another country! :eek: Go have a DOD or 2 (or 10) to calm your nerves as soon as you board. Have a great cruise! :)

Darn she's lucky. In California it takes 6 weeks to get a DL/ID processed and mailed from Sacramento.

Its here cruise day im so excited xtra because of what happen yesterday she is too :eek:

Wow thats crazy she would have been stuck at home in this case but TN has certain places that you go to get a new one luckily we live in Capital of TN otherwise we would of been up creek.....

As far as my little sisters they are like my Kids I LOVE THEM BEYOND WHAT THEY REALIZE i do all i can to help my MOM in many ways since our Father is not in the Picture and be a good role model..... :)

That reminds me of the time when my brother In law and I were on way to Port Canaveral from Atlanta to board a ship, when 4 hours into the drive he found out he didnt have his Passport or doc to board the ship. My sister had to overnight it to the Jax Airport so we can pick it up the day of cruise. Thank god we didnt pass Jax when i found out. Luckly She was able to get hin his Docs before the sailing. I guess I would of went on cruise by myself..:D. Lucky we left late the day before the cruise. (6pm from Atlanta).

Sounds like my SIL who at the age of 67 is still irresponsible for her actions. She can't find her way out of a paper bag!

Here's an "ingrate" moment for you

DH paid 3 times, you got it, 3 times for his sister to sail with us. Now mind you we are by no means that well off to be doing that on a continual basis. The DH lost some family, a few close friends and realized how short life is. Decides this was the "right" thing to do.

The sister is doing all right. At a point where she could save for her portion of a cabin. Beginning of the year, he mentions that we might be booking would she like to partner with my Mom again. She says "I don't have the money." We say we understand, no problem. The sister's BFF tells her around March that her daughter is taking a cruise for her 30th birthday. Amazingly the DH's sister comes up with the money! This twisted my husband up a bit and continued to twist him up as she never calls him. He said to me he didn't expect her to be kissing his feet thanking him for the 3 cruises, he just wanted her to take the initiative to call and say "how are you doing today." Didn't happen. The last cruise she took with us, DH told me to keep her passport because she would lose it in a heartbeat and he fully expected her to sail with us again. He said to me "I wonder how long before she realizes that her passport is with us?" I fully expected that to be the day she left for her cruise with her BFF.

Through all this she can't figure out why he's mad at her:rolleyes:

Ahhh....... family................ Thank GOD we can pick our friends!!!

Please OP just enjoy that cruise! You most certainly DESERVE it!

Kathy

Hey Rick or is it James?:D

I'm the one who does all this for our crew that sails. I know the frustration!!

I check, double check and triple check. I have a folder that I take with me to the pier that has two copies of everyone's reservation, any coupon books, etc., etc. My DH's friend who goes with us every year now puts a capital "P" on procrastination. He'd be at the pier saying "what paperwork?" What "ID?"

We just about frisk him to make sure he has his passport on him:D Then, this guy is late for everything. We tell him every year "The car will be here at 10. If you are not here you will be driving to the pier." This past cruise he showed up at our house, no lie, 3 minutes before the limo arrived. He thinks it's funny. One of these cruises, he won't think so:mad: because no one else in our party is going to pay the extra money for the limo to wait for him.

DH's cousin went on his very first cruise with us this year. We said "be at our house by 9:30." He was there at 8:30. Just goes to show..........

Hey Rick or is it James?:D

I'm the one who does all this for our crew that sails. I know the frustration!!

I check, double check and triple check. I have a folder that I take with me to the pier that has two copies of everyone's reservation, any coupon books, etc., etc. My DH's friend who goes with us every year now puts a capital "P" on procrastination. He'd be at the pier saying "what paperwork?" What "ID?"

We just about frisk him to make sure he has his passport on him:D Then, this guy is late for everything. We tell him every year "The car will be here at 10. If you are not here you will be driving to the pier." This past cruise he showed up at our house, no lie, 3 minutes before the limo arrived. He thinks it's funny. One of these cruises, he won't think so:mad: because no one else in our party is going to pay the extra money for the limo to wait for him.

DH's cousin went on his very first cruise with us this year. We said "be at our house by 9:30." He was there at 8:30. Just goes to show..........

James Here Rick never post but want to think all for the well wishes we are ready to head to port from hotel waiting for our shuttle @1045 im ready for a few DOD'S :D

Archived