What is something you do you would never do on land?

fun!melis

Don't carry a purse (or anything), eat 3 gourmet meals everyday in the MDR & order whatever I want, on menu or off (really), read my Kindle in the afternoon (right before a glorious nap), don't worry about the economy, watch the stars at night over the (whatever) sea/ocean I'm on, watch live shows, go to the movies 2 - 3 X (I never get to go to shows or the movies), drink a pina colada and not worry about the calories, -- most important: total assurance that everything will be totally perfect!!!! No worries!!! Now, if only I could figure out how to be one of those people who just about live on a cruise ship!!!

Let's see, what do I do at sea that I don't do on land:

Walk around without my cel or my handheld or my car keys in my pocket.

See my girlfriend naked in the sunlight (on the balcony).

Get intimate with her almost every day (it literally is the motion of the ocean).

Dress up for dinner.

Get really dressed up for dinner.

"Drink of the day". Almost every day.

Get up early so we can get deck chairs near the pool before the sun gets too strong later in the day.

See mountains (it's very flat down here in South Florida).

See the wonder and awe on my kids faces as they see the ship for the first time!

Dance with my little blonde hair, blue eyed 6 year old little boy. Melts a Mom's heart when he walks up and says, "Momma, will you dance with me?"

Tell my teenagers not to worry about cleaning their room! (That would never happen at home!) (We always give their room steward something extra because I know how messy they are at home)

Dance with my husband - we don't go out dancing at home, but he will always dance with me while we are cruising!

Try new kinds of food that I would never try on land because of the cost and the fact I might not like it.

Be able to look at some of God's most beautiful works - the ocean, the islands, the mountains!

Relax!

• 6 months later...

~Disconnect from the outside world.

~Reconnect with my hubby.

~Dance under the stars at night on the serenity deck.

~Eat breakfast with a drink in hand.

~Coming in my room at night with chocolates on my bed, and a cute little towel animal to greet me.

~Talk to strangers as though they were long lost friends.

~Not worry about making my bed, emptying the trash, hanging the towels, making dinner, doing dishes, worrying about "what I have to do today"...

~~Hey I am on vacation- if I want to fall asleep on the balcony at 2 in the afternoon after a few cocktails, while reading my kindle, listening to the ocean, and just enjoying the splendor that is nature, I will- with no regrets of what I could or should be doing!

ahhh, my cell phone is off, no computer, not work calls.

Drink foo foo drinks, champagne and other cocktails. In reality I drink one glass of wine with dinner.

Have room service deliver a blt every sinlge night :eek:

Gamble. I never gamble on land.

Take a nap on the serenity deck.

Play jumbo chess on the lido.

sing in the elavators.

So much more. :D

I get to spend a week with my sweet hubby, I love to see him SO relaxed on vacation. He works very hard for our family. This vacation will be so extra special since it's our first in 3 years. I just paid off our 2 cabins yesterday...a month early. So, it's truly official ....we're going on vacation again.:D

Archived