LAFFNVEGAS Says Aloha LIVE from the MS Oosterdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Fortunately I knew right before we left that the Upgrade Fairy waved her magic wand so knew we had free laundry so I did not quite pack enough for 2 full weeks and did send some items out but I am kind of weird about my sneding out my under garments to be laundered and have never sent them out and just always packed enough. Fortunately only need to do a couple of loads.

Now need to think about what I can pick up at the grocery store, not much in the house:o

I know what you mean about undergarments, but were you satisfied with "play clothes" being washed by the people on board? Did they come back in a wad or were they kind of folded or even hung up?

I know what you mean about undergarments, but were you satisfied with "play clothes" being washed by the people on board? Did they come back in a wad or were they kind of folded or even hung up?

We ALWAYS send laundry out and it comes back so well done!! Everything seems to be pressed, neatly folded (even undies) or hung up. It's WONDERFUL. It comes to you in a basket with tissue paper like it's a gift. And we stuff that bag so full we broke the seam once (not by stuffing, it was over stuffed and our 15 month old sat on it and it ripped). :o BUT they still took the ripped bag and washed everything in it!

Hi, welcome home. I "befriended" you on Facebook because I am so anxious to see your photos. We are on the 2-4-12 cruise to Hawaii and it was great to find out some answers regarding your posting about when Formal Days were and that you still see tuxes and how much your thermal pool experience is enjoyed. I called Ship Service and was told a couple for the thermal/spa package was $500. A "bit" more than your charge of $299....this was for booking ahead...think it might be better to wait until first day on the ship.

Where do we find information regarding cost and availability of laundry/pressing service?

Enjoy being home, it won't be long I bet and you will be dreaming about getting ready for the next cruise.

For those that are friends with me on Facebook I did upload about 98 photos last night. Although I need to place desciptions for the pictures, I have not done that yet. I will try to use Web Shots and do a new album. Maybe yet this morning. I do not go into work till 11:00 today.

Hi, welcome home. I "befriended" you on Facebook because I am so anxious to see your photos. We are on the 2-4-12 cruise to Hawaii and it was great to find out some answers regarding your posting about when Formal Days were and that you still see tuxes and how much your thermal pool experience is enjoyed. I called Ship Service and was told a couple for the thermal/spa package was $500. A "bit" more than your charge of $299....this was for booking ahead...think it might be better to wait until first day on the ship.

Where do we find information regarding cost and availability of laundry/pressing service?

Enjoy being home, it won't be long I bet and you will be dreaming about getting ready for the next cruise.

I never pre purchase the Spa Package or Thermal Suite and there are always plenty sold on the ship and the prices are always less. Not worth the hassle of saying "Hey I paid more I need a refund":D

Yes there were quite a few tuxes what is interesting and I find it more and more that people wait toward the end of the cruise to get more dressed up and you see more men in their tux. I cannot figure this out. Do they pack them then decide to see what is being worn the first formal night then when it the 2nd:confused: I personal feeling the first Formal Night on both a 7 night cruise and a 14 day cruise is always the Captain's Welcome Night and that should be when you wear your most Formal, formal wear.

I have to admit I do not know the cost of the laundry/pressing and dry cleaning. We were in a Suite so that is one of the perks.

I hope I never get so old I don't consider undergarments "play clothes" :p

The Oosterdam just pulled into Cabo for 20 to 30 minutes and left. Only speculating but possibly another medical emergency.

Wouldn't a medical emergency be handled by transporting the ill/injured passenger to Cabo therefore possibly delaying the ship's stay there, not by leaving Cabo? AFAIK, they don't run the ship back to the U.S. every time someone gets ill/injured near a foreign port.

If they only stayed for 20-30 minutes, it sounds like an issue with port clearance. Maybe the authorities wouldn't let them tender in passengers.

Wouldn't a medical emergency be handled by transporting the ill/injured passenger to Cabo therefore possibly delaying the ship's stay there, not by leaving Cabo? AFAIK, they don't run the ship back to the U.S. every time someone gets ill/injured near a foreign port.

If they only stayed for 20-30 minutes, it sounds like an issue with port clearance. Maybe the authorities wouldn't let them tender in passengers.

The Oosterdam is not due into Cabo until Thursday. It made an unscheduled stop here on the way to Puerto Vallarta. I will be meeting some friends from the Oosterdam in Cabo Thursday. I will find out why they stopped then.

The Oosterdam is not due into Cabo until Thursday. It made an unscheduled stop here on the way to Puerto Vallarta. I will be meeting some friends from the Oosterdam in Cabo Thursday. I will find out why they stopped then.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Maybe a beer run?

You know I actually thought that same thing...LOL!!!!!

Yup, all those passengers getting on a day late had to catch up for lost time, probably drained the kegs and tequila bottles dry.

BTW, I just noticed your sig. How was your 10/11 MR cruise? We're boarding in just 17 days, getting very antsy.

Yup, all those passengers getting on a day late had to catch up for lost time, probably drained the kegs and tequila bottles dry.

BTW, I just noticed your sig. How was your 10/11 MR cruise? We're boarding in just 17 days, getting very antsy.

It was great. I never do the full cruise though as I have a house in Cabo so when we hit Cabo I am off the ship. Very little whale activity down here now but in 2-1/2 weeks they should be in full swing. That cruise was altered due to a hurricane so we never went to PV. Did LaPaz instead!

As for the Oosterdam stopping in yesterday I did receive confirmation that it was a medical evacuation!

Archived