Up until what point can you change names on RCI reservation?

ryano

Can anyone tell me up until what point you can do a name change with Royal Caribbean on a reservation?

Also, does this cost ?

Am I making sense here? Im wanting to know up until what point, basically how many days from sail date, can you swap out a guest for another guest?

TIA :)

You can make a name change up to 24 hours prior to sailing, as long as one of the original names remains on the reservation. This is from Royal Caribbean's website:

Royal Caribbean International Q: Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation? A: Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations. Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist: Request is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours).

You can make a name change up to 24 hours prior to sailing, as long as one of the original names remains on the reservation. This is from Royal Caribbean's website:

Royal Caribbean International Q: Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation? A: Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations. Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist: Request is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours).

I thought I might have to back out on my family's cruise this past August, and allow a family friend to go in my place. RCI customer service told me more than once that we could change out a guest up until the final ship manifest was printed (a day or two in advance), and that there was no penalty involved. So not sure if the fee is just not enforced or what. We never had to find out, as I ended up being able to go.

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, cdunnintx said:

Is this still true today or has RCCL changed their policies? 

You can still change names up to 24 hours ahead but there's no charge.

Image result for resurrection

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

You can still change names up to 24 hours ahead but there's no charge.

Thank you. My daughter is getting married on the Allure in September and my brother-in-law might not be able to go due to work now. He won't know until we get closer to departure. Just wanted to double check. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, cdunnintx said:

My daughter is getting married on the Allure in September and my brother-in-law might not be able to go due to work now.

If you can't find someone to go, leave him be a no show - don't call to cancel the second person.

2 minutes ago, cdunnintx said:

Okay, now you've piqued my interest. Why?

So Royal does not use the cancel opportunity to re-price the cruise and to reduce the probability that the stateroom will be changed because of an occupancy requirement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cdunnintx said:

Okay, now you've piqued my interest. Why?

Royal has been known to re-price your booking at the current rates if you call to cancel the 2nd person and it could end up costing you a lot more.  If the person is a no show you wll get their port fees and taxes credited back to you

Edit  Typed too slowly

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So Royal does not use the cancel opportunity to re-price the cruise and to reduce the probability that the stateroom will be changed because of an occupancy requirement.

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Royal has been known to re-price your booking at the current rates if you call to cancel the 2nd person and it could end up costing you a lot more.  If the person is a no show you wll get their port fees and taxes credited back to you

Edit  Typed too slowly

Good to know. Thank you. I won't cancel him but I'm an internal optimist, unlike my sister. He'll be there, I paid for their cruise. 🙂

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Excellent point - we know of someone who went through that specific experience.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
19 minutes ago, jsmithshe said:

I'm being told that I cannot change a guest after the final payment. We made that a month ago and are sailing in two weeks. Has anyone ever heard this? 

If you bookedbinder North American terms you can change a guest up until 72 hours prior to sailing as long as one guest from the original reservation remains. 

Update: the original call I was on was dropped. When I called back a nice gentleman named William said" I can take care of that for you". Easily done. I don't know why the first man said he had to get authorization and put me on hold until the call cut off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can change a guest up until 72 hours prior to sailing as long as one guest from the original reservation remains. 

That used to be 24 hours not too long ago, right?

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I should have said 24-72 hours depending on when they close the manifest.  Erred on the side of caution

Ken - do you have an email address that you'd be willing to share? I'd like to "talk shop" with you.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, cdunnintx said:

Is this still true today or has RCCL changed their policies? Unsure where to find this on their website.

Last August they were more bending as the start up was still in its infancy. Now, they are ending lots of their Covid related policies and reverting back to their pre-CV "manual". I doubt if any changes can be made after the manifest is printed.