Club Dining tables

Captain Rob

Thinking of going on the Ventura and having Club Dining. I am considering a table for 8 as you are sure to get on with some of you fellow travellers. I have seen some pictures, not Ventura, that show oblong tables. Does the Ventura have round or oblong tables.

Robin

Thinking of going on the Ventura and having Club Dining. I am considering a table for 8 as you are sure to get on with some of you fellow travellers. I have seen some pictures, not Ventura, that show oblong tables. Does the Ventura have round or oblong tables.

Robin

When we were on a table for 8 on Ventura, it was a round table.

Thanks for the info. I find long table unsociable.

Robin

Robin,

I think they have both although the non round ones are oval in shape.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

I think all the 8seaters are round. Oval ones are for 10 people. I think ten is too many as it would be impossible to chat to people down the other end.

I agree, but on club dining the trick is to get people to sit in different places each night.

We always have Club Dining on a table of 8. We have had both round and oval tables, never rectangular. I agree it is nice if people move around to different positions each evening - I'm not talking about couples splitting up - it is good to chat to different people and to get a different view of the Dining room.

Carole

We were a group of 11 on an oval table one Christmas on Ventura. Most evenings we filled the seats as we arrived, i.e. sat next to the person already there. This mixed us up as different couples arrived in a different order each night. One evening we had a "ladies' end" and a "men's end".

One evening we all went to the Beachhouse for the curry night and had two adjacent round tables, again one for the ladies and one for the men.

My brother-in-law was a bit resistant to the chopping and changing, but the rest of us were in favour so it generally worked out.

I could see it might take a brave soul to suggest it to strangers, especially if they haven't cruised before and aren't sure why it's being suggested, but over a fortnight cruise it is a good way to mix and mingle in a larger group. If you want to keep the same seat each night I find a table of six is the largest I am happy with.

Carol x

I agree, but on club dining the trick is to get people to sit in different places each night.

Why?

It irritates me if someone decides they will boss everyone around by suggesting they move. Red flag to a bull for me :mad::mad::mad:

Why?

It irritates me if someone decides they will boss everyone around by suggesting they move. Red flag to a bull for me :mad::mad::mad:

I don't suggest they move if they are actually sitting down! It usually happens naturally. Not only is it nicer to sit next to different people at times to chat to them properly, especially on longer cruises, but if there is a spot on the table that is not so nice as others - for views etc, then it is fair to share it round.

The easy way to do it is to arrive first and sit in a different chair!

I don't suggest they move if they are actually sitting down! It usually happens naturally. Not only is it nicer to sit next to different people at times to chat to them properly, especially on longer cruises, but if there is a spot on the table that is not so nice as others - for views etc, then it is fair to share it round.

The easy way to do it is to arrive first and sit in a different chair!

Arriving first and sitting in another chair is OK, after all you don't reserve the actual seat. However if someone said something on the lines of 'what we do is move each evening' that would just press my stubborn button.

I don't like being told what to do. ask, OK, tell, not OK ;)

On a recent cruise, we had a table next to the Waiter Station :( and I had the seat next to where the waiters threw the cutlery in and took it out of the drawer... Horrible loud clattering noises while eating, and I have tinnitus anyway so I was not happy!!. Luckily someone suggested the table ring- a- ring a- roses routine , and I got to move around the table. Then I stayed at the opposite end of the table for the rest of the cruise...lol;)

Archived