Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

smart Mom:)

I try.:) You actually have no idea how much threads like this bother me. I think of that little girl in Europe a few years back who disappeared from her hotel room while her parents were downstairs in another part of the hotel having dinner. They never found her. When I listened to these parents rationalize how common it is in Europe to leave kids, little babies, alone in rooms sleeping while the parents eat or drink or whatever, makes me wanna scream.:eek:

I am not really overprotective (very much:p), but a nice dinner, a better view, or whatever isn't worth me leaving my kid alone in a room, just not worth the risk.

To the OP, you are the parent and can do what you feel is best, I just don't get it. If my 7 year old was halfway across the ship from me, I wouldn't enjoy my cruise at all anyway, so I might as well just save money and stay home.

I try.:) You actually have no idea how much threads like this bother me. I think of that little girl in Europe a few years back who disappeared from her hotel room while her parents were downstairs in another part of the hotel having dinner. They never found her. When I listened to these parents rationalize how common it is in Europe to leave kids, little babies, alone in rooms sleeping while the parents eat or drink or whatever, makes me wanna scream.:eek:

I am not really overprotective (very much:p), but a nice dinner, a better view, or whatever isn't worth me leaving my kid alone in a room, just not worth the risk.

To the OP, you are the parent and can do what you feel is best, I just don't get it. If my 7 year old was halfway across the ship from me, I wouldn't enjoy my cruise at all anyway, so I might as well just save money and stay home.

I remember that as well - my "kids" are grown and on their own with children - but I worry about my grandskids - would NEVER leave them alone - please please consider taking the 2 connecting b1's - I would feel so much better n- LOL!

I have no problems using TA's. In fact I tend to use online TA's quite a bit. I don't see the point of booking directly with the cruise line and having them keep all that extra money for no additional work. Heck if book online at the cruise site they get the money and do NO work at all. I usually find the TA that gives me the best perks for each cruise. Now I also do a TON of research and usually have my rooms decided before I ever contact the TA. That way all they have to do is book my specific rooms, collect the money and pay my rewards. Simple as that. If I was using a TA to help decide cabins, ships, itineraries, etc then I would go about things differently. For the time being I would rather get some of that money back then donate it all to the cruise line. I understand some people hate using TA's as things have been messed up before. But I simply have never had them change a thing, but there hasn't been a reason for them to either. It's all about how you use your TA for how much they may feel obligated to change your booking thinking they are doing what is best for you.

I have no problems using TA's. In fact I tend to use online TA's quite a bit. I don't see the point of booking directly with the cruise line and having them keep all that extra money for no additional work. Heck if book online at the cruise site they get the money and do NO work at all. I usually find the TA that gives me the best perks for each cruise. Now I also do a TON of research and usually have my rooms decided before I ever contact the TA. That way all they have to do is book my specific rooms, collect the money and pay my rewards. Simple as that. If I was using a TA to help decide cabins, ships, itineraries, etc then I would go about things differently. For the time being I would rather get some of that money back then donate it all to the cruise line. I understand some people hate using TA's as things have been messed up before. But I simply have never had them change a thing, but there hasn't been a reason for them to either. It's all about how you use your TA for how much they may feel obligated to change your booking thinking they are doing what is best for you.

I would think a TA should only make a change if its discussed and decided upon with the client prior to doing something like that.

Originally we had: L 6535 $2929.92 and D4 6164 $2721.28= $5651.20

We are paying the same price for our current booking as well. We REALLY would like to stay at this rate give or take a couple hundred extra.

:eek: Now I know why the wife has objected about booking on the Oasis or Allure so far. She mumbled something after I mentioned the cost and after clarification it was about cruising for a month at the price of a week on these big ships. :rolleyes: Maybe someday when son pays our way. :D

:eek: Now I know why the wife has objected about booking on the Oasis or Allure so far. She mumbled something after I mentioned the cost and after clarification it was about cruising for a month at the price of a week on these big ships. :rolleyes: Maybe someday when son pays our way. :D
The Oasis came down to $1199.for an outside guarantee last July.I wanted to try it. Believe me you are correct. It sure isn't worth it,glad we went,didn't hate it but sure didn't like it.No way is it worth the big difference in price.We are so lucky to have such a wide choice of ships to cater to every taste.In the winter that is, not much choice at all in the summer.

The OP is paying for 5, with only one fare being a reduced 3/4 person fare. I think she got a good rate.

The OP is paying for 5, with only one fare being a reduced 3/4 person fare. I think she got a good rate.

Good rate for the Oasis class perhaps but in comparison we are cruising on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam in Feb. for 7 nights with 2 Balcony cabin and 5 people at less than 50% the cost. I know its different cruise lines and yes it is good we all like different things. ;)

Sorry, still waiting.

TA is sticking to her story that RC changed our cabins without authorization. She said that she called yesterday and asked if we could be upgraded to a Jr suite or 2 connecting ov balconies.

I sent her an email this morning asking if they ever responded. She says no. She also conveniently let me know that she will be leaving on the 14th for her honeymoon.

If this isn't resolved by tomorrow,I'll be contacting RC I suppose.

Sorry, still waiting.

TA is sticking to her story that RC changed our cabins without authorization. She said that she called yesterday and asked if we could be upgraded to a Jr suite or 2 connecting ov balconies.

I sent her an email this morning asking if they ever responded. She says no. She also conveniently let me know that she will be leaving on the 14th for her honeymoon.

Being that you went thru a TA....RCL isn't going to deal with you....they will only deal with the TA....you better ask your current TA who is going to be assisting her clients while she is away and get their contact info and have her advise them on the situation....or you are going to be left hanging.

I don't think that RC will talk with you directly about cabin selection since you booked through an agent. You will need to find out who at the agency is covering for your normal TA during her honeymoon and hope that agent will help you follow up on the cabins.

Being that you went thru a TA....RCL isn't going to deal with you....they will only deal with the TA...

I don't think that RC will talk with you directly about cabin selection since you booked through an agent. .

Yup, what they said!!:p

Sorry, still waiting.

Connecting D1s available are : 6602/6604 and 6204/6202

Are any of these triples?

Thank you for checking for me.

I do understand that RC won't talk to me, but since she's blaming them for the mistake and in writing..maybe they will. Who knows.

I did send her an email asking who will be taking care of her customers while she's away.

Connecting D1s available are : 6602/6604 and 6204/6202

Are any of these triples?

Thank you for checking for me.

I do understand that RC won't talk to me, but since she's blaming them for the mistake and in writing..maybe they will. Who knows.

I did send her an email asking who will be taking care of her customers while she's away.

6602 and 6204 are the triples,connecting with the doubles..

No matter what you tell RCCL, they will not talk to you,no matter how wrong your TA is acting.

If i were you,I'd be on the phone with the TA.....you're wasting precious time waiting for emails going back and forth.

Archived