some photos of Santorini

cruise kitty

Santorini was day 9 of our cruise, & it was such a surprise, probably the most picturesque location we've ever been to. It was a tender port, so I was up at 5 am, & in line for tickets by 6 am, completely worth it as we were on the first tender, up the chair lift, & renting our ATV before 8. We headed up the coast to Oia village, spent several hours enjoying the empty streets & stunning views, finished up with cold beer, & escaped just as the tour buses started rolling in around 11:30:

santorini1.jpg

santorini6.jpg

santorini13.jpg

You can see the crowds starting to appear behind us:

vcm_s_kf_representative_640x480-2.jpg

We headed back towards the main town, had a delicious lunch, & then were back on the road to the opposite end of the island & the black sand beach:

Santorini20.jpg

blacksandbeach.jpg

We stopped at a winery on the way back, turned in our ATV (20 E for the day) & headed down via the chair lift, no lines, we were back on board by 3:30. It was a lovely, perfect day!

Thank you for the great pictures. I was on Santorini in Sept.

Your day sounds perfect. You figured out how to avoid the crowds.

We didin't get trapped in crowds until after lunch. Ended up walking down the donkey path and the temp had to be 100 degrees. But loved the three Greek island we visited.

It was a fabulous cruise . Would love to read your review.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us:) You already know I will

be there next May:D.....I have always heard Santorini is soooo

picturesque. I remember seeing a Food Network program with

Giada De Laurentis when she went to Santorini.....looked awesome

there too:)

I know it is a tender port and I have to figure out what to do there.

Thanks for the nice remarks everyone! This cruise was very port intensive with such big sights & ruins to see in every port, it was so great to have a relaxing day! I usually don't shop much, but I bought myself a little necklace there to remember our wonderful day by.

To Big Booper:

Thanks for the photos of the donkey path, our original plan was to walk up & down, (we like to walk) but the smell was a bit overwhelming! It pretty much hit us as soon as we stepped off the tender! Instant change of plans for us!

Santorini was day 9 of our cruise, & it was such a surprise, probably the most picturesque location we've ever been to. a lovely, perfect day!

It IS wonderful, isn't it? It doesn't get much better than eating pizza and looking down at the med and the ship. :)

Archived