Current Concierges continued

PH8

Well things change so much but he's on vacation now and

thinks he will end up on the Serenade. I don't know any

dates.

Mario told another poster earlier that he was not going to Asia on the Quantum as that required a different concierge. If Jimmy Rhodes can handle Asia as a CD I would think that our Mario could do the same but I understand where he is coming from. I know it was posted that he was coming back to the Serenade before moving to the Quantum and perhaps he will remain on the Quantum until she leaves out of Bayonne. Who knows...I am sure he will keep us in the loop. Love Rami from the Serenade as well. Excellent concierges for sure

What a great guy....Mario just wrote back and said yes he will be joining the Quantum of the Seas and looks forward to seeing everyone onboard this beautiful ship!!!!

Exciting! No word yet over who will be replacing him on the Serenade.

Hope this helps the list!

who will be the concierge on the independence in september

Hi there,

It looks like it will be Raj Bhugwath, I hoping it is as Raj as on a previous sailing he was so friendly and nothing was an issue.

Mark

Edited by beardedladies

hope this is ok to post here... you all seem to know/use the concierges enough that you may know.

we're sailing the Explorer in July in the Royal Suite. I booked kind of late, didn't get to reserve anything (I was hoping for a Cabana on Labadee and the zip line, coaster, etc there too). I was told by the booking agent (called RCCL directly) that we'll be able to reserve a cabana through the concierge on board. I'm wondering about the other things on Labadee too.

The agent told me the concierge will be contacting me via email a week or so before the cruise. Should I just wait, or should I email now? Or is it too late and I'm out of luck anyway?

Thanks for any help :)

It depends on the Concierge whether they send an email the week before. On the Oasis we didn't get an email so I sent one to the Concierge on the Wednesday before we sailed and asked if the cabana we like was available. I got a reply within an hour that it was available and it was booked for me. I'd think the Concierge could help you with the other things you asked about. Hope this helps.

Nizar Laatiri is currently in the CL on Explorer. We just got off the Explorer on Saturday 6/28, and I have to say that Nizar was one of the best concierges we have had. He was very personable and attentive. We really enjoyed his personality and professionalism.

Eric

It depends on the Concierge whether they send an email the week before. On the Oasis we didn't get an email so I sent one to the Concierge on the Wednesday before we sailed and asked if the cabana we like was available. I got a reply within an hour that it was available and it was booked for me. I'd think the Concierge could help you with the other things you asked about. Hope this helps.

Nizar Laatiri is currently in the CL on Explorer. We just got off the Explorer on Saturday 6/28, and I have to say that Nizar was one of the best concierges we have had. He was very personable and attentive. We really enjoyed his personality and professionalism.

Eric

thank you both! I just got an email from Nizar this afternoon - perfect timing! (or does he read CC???) :p

Rami just joined the Oasis on June 22nd, he came from the Serenade and is awesome. He and Mario both do over and beyond to make everyone feel at home.

I love Rami. He's super nice and does a great job. Very friendly and sociable. I am assuming he's the diamond concierge on Oasis. Is this correct?

Gina

HI Eric -were drink vouchers on your Explorer sailing? Thanks

Yes. There were three drink credits available for use by Diamond Members and up, during the Concierge Lounge happy hour times. Be aware, the list is limited to what is provided in the CL only. No frozen or premium brands. I ordered a Tanqueray martini and the card is swiped twice, as it counts as two drinks under this offer. That was fine with me.

The 19th Hole was the overflow Concierge Lounge, but we stuck with the CL. Nizar was outstanding!

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Eric..do you know what drinks were being served at the Diamond event on Explorer..was it the usual wine, champagne, soda or could you get a drink like in the Concierge lounge, without using your 3 drink credits? I've heard that at some Diamond Events they now serve the same drinks as the Concierge lounge. Thanks

Eric..do you know what drinks were being served at the Diamond event on Explorer..was it the usual wine, champagne, soda or could you get a drink like in the Concierge lounge, without using your 3 drink credits? I've heard that at some Diamond Events they now serve the same drinks as the Concierge lounge. Thanks

I only used the Concierge Lounge and got one or two martinis at the Crown & Kettle. I did not attend any Diamond events. Please note that if you use the Diamond drink vouchers on your card, you will need to sign a $0 receipt. There is no added gratuity, so please leave your bartender or server a tip if getting one of the free drinks. I gave cash,but you can add it to the seapass slip if you prefer. :cool:

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

I only used the Concierge Lounge and got one or two martinis at the Crown & Kettle. I did not attend any Diamond events. Please note that if you use the Diamond drink vouchers on your card, you will need to sign a $0 receipt. There is no added gratuity, so please leave your bartender or server a tip if getting one of the free drinks. I gave cash,but you can add it to the seapass slip if you prefer. :cool:

Eric

Eric, thanks for the information about the $0 receipt. We have not used the coupons yet, and I was hoping we could add the gratuity to a receipt. We normally carry a lot of singles. :)

Eric

Eric -- thanks also for the info. on the Drink Coupons on EX and the way to tip using the seapass slip. We are sailing on EX on Dec. 4, 2015.

I ordered a Tanqueray martini and the card is swiped twice, as it counts as two drinks under this offer. That was fine with me

Is that because Tanqueray is considered a premium brand? or because it was a martini?