Current Concierges continued

PH8

Ricardo is leaving Oasis after next weeks sailing to switch over to Mariner or Navigator...forget which one...he is being replaced by a women I don't know. Allan is the current concierge with him and will be staying.... until he goes out on break and Natalia will take his place.

Hope it's Navigator, just saying...

I am not sure if this is the correct venue to sing the praises of a concierge, and if someone will tell me a better place, I will gladly repeat myself, but I just have to say that Luca Lorio on Mariner last week was fantastic. Whenever we asked for help, he seemed genuinely glad to be of assistance. I watched on many occasions as Luca worked a crowd either in the Concierge Lounge or in the halls and he tried his best to get to everybody and make sure they were all having a good time.

This was my first time on RCCL, and as long time fan of the Neptune Lounge on HAL, I went into this cruise with some reservations. While the coffee machine in the Concierge Lounge is indeed inferior to those in the Neptune Lounge, the service we received was not. Also, it is in no small part due to the care we received from Luca that we have canceled a HAL cruise for next Spring break and replaced it with NOS from NOLA. Before Mrs. Trout would let me book it, she made me promise Luca would be on board.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get concierges transferred.

Trout

I am not sure if this is the correct venue to sing the praises of a concierge, and if someone will tell me a better place, I will gladly repeat myself, but I just have to say that Luca Lorio on Mariner last week was fantastic. Whenever we asked for help, he seemed genuinely glad to be of assistance. I watched on many occasions as Luca worked a crowd either in the Concierge Lounge or in the halls and he tried his best to get to everybody and make sure they were all having a good time.

This was my first time on RCCL, and as long time fan of the Neptune Lounge on HAL, I went into this cruise with some reservations. While the coffee machine in the Concierge Lounge is indeed inferior to those in the Neptune Lounge, the service we received was not. Also, it is in no small part due to the care we received from Luca that we have canceled a HAL cruise for next Spring break and replaced it with NOS from NOLA. Before Mrs. Trout would let me book it, she made me promise Luca would be on board.

Trout

If Karen is still onboard I believe Mrs. Trout will quite happy with the service she will receive. Karen is a top notch concierge. Enjoy.

How long does it usually take for the concierge to respond to an email? I emailed a question several weeks ago about my upcoming sailing on the Enchantment the end of March but haven't heard anything as of yet. I didn't want to bug him with another email if they don't usually respond until 7 days prior to sailing or something like that.

-Julie

Reyno is the concierge on the Enchantment and HE IS THE ABSOLUTELY BEST, MOST OUTGOING, HIGHLY EFFICIENT, DEEPLY CARING, HAPPY BEYOND MEASURE CONCIERGE in the fleet.

Do send him another e-mail. The excellent concierges such as Reyno are very busy taking care of (and, WOW, does he ever do that) their "people" on the current cruise while planning for their "people" on the next cruise.

As you can tell, I totally love Reyno and consider him a friend and even better "family".

I promise, you will enjoy "his" lounge and the assistance he can provide you.

Concerning e-mailing the concierge:

I have never done this in the past, but this year I want to contact him before our cruise.

Few questions....does the concierge always respond, and able to help with your request before your cruise?

Also, it is my understanding not to e-mail him untill the cruise prior to yours, is that correct?

Thanks

Trout

I want to echo what Trout said...my husband and I thought Luca was a great concierge. Everything we asked for was done efficiently and with a smile. I never saw Luca sitting at his desk when there were passengers in the lounge...he was constantly circulating and chatting with groups of passengers. Even on the last day, during the disembarkation from Hades, Luca was down in the line leading to the baggage claim area, chatting with guests and apologizing.

Luca was also a big help with our Cabin Crawl. We had 5 suites on the crawl, including the RS. Luca helped arrange for food plates so we could have a little party at the end of the crawl. I would happily sail with Luca as the concierge again!:D

I just received an amil from Oana Popa...she stated that she would be the concierge for our upcoming cruise on 4/14/12

I will be the lucky one for the Transatlantic cruise. I will be in charge on deck 10 and my colleague Nicola Baker would be in charge of the Diamond Lounge. I know for sure I will have lots of friends coming for the Transatlantic cruise.

Nancy

:D

I want to echo what Trout said...my husband and I thought Luca was a great concierge. Everything we asked for was done efficiently and with a smile. I never saw Luca sitting at his desk when there were passengers in the lounge...he was constantly circulating and chatting with groups of passengers. Even on the last day, during the disembarkation from Hades, Luca was down in the line leading to the baggage claim area, chatting with guests and apologizing.

Luca was also a big help with our Cabin Crawl. We had 5 suites on the crawl, including the RS. Luca helped arrange for food plates so we could have a little party at the end of the crawl. I would happily sail with Luca as the concierge again!:D

Sorry this took so long to get to posting, but it's been a rough week after a cruise.

Actually, EVERY week is a rough week after a cruise!!:D

I, too, echo the praises of Luca. BTW: his name is Luca Iorio, NOT Lorio. For some reason, folks keep spelling it with the "L" when it's an "I." So please correct the listing, thanks.

Luca went out of his way to assist us in virtually every aspect of the cruise, from the Cabin Crawl (which, thanks to Cindy, was far, far better than the M&M itself and a heckuva lot more fun) to making pre-cruise spa and salon arrangements, rescheduling our Portofino reservation once we boarded, and going out of his way to meet with all of the guests (at least, based on my observation) in the CL. And we "thanked" him accordingly!

VR,

T Lex

Thanks Steve...........looks like lots of changes in April coming!

Hi Kathy,

I was just talking with Oana Popa on the Liberty. She is now the permanent Concierge in the CL. She will not be going back to the DL on the shipas previously stated. She will be there until she and her husband gone home on April 28th and is returning on June 21st.

I, too, echo the praises of Luca. BTW: his name is Luca Iorio, NOT Lorio. For some reason, folks keep spelling it with the "L" when it's an "I." So please correct the listing, thanks.

Good catch. All along I thought that his surname was Lorio, but, in checking his card I was wrong. :)

Edited by jjb415

AD Adventure of the Seas -Reshma

(Fernando on vacation 2/19/12)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Fernando/Rahim

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

BR Brilliance of the Seas - Betsy Medrano(Edson Rosa on vacation 12/11/11)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser

EX Explorer of the Seas -Carlos Javier Ortiz(Mario Reyes as of 4/9/12)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)-Willie Salaya

(Diamond)-Verdine Leotaud(Rahul Barua on vacation 02/12)

GR Grandeur of the Seas - Israel Sanchez-date TBD

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath-(Ken Boodoo-on vacation till 04/22/12)

(Diamond) -Coumella Arandia

JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid-till April 28th (Jasmin on vacation12/10/11 )

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Oana Popa(till 4/28/12-returning 6/21/12) Carlos Ortiz

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -Luca Iorgio(Nadia Gruber on vacation)

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas – Karen Hernandez(starts vacation 04/12)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Ricardo Mock till 3/31/12......Allan(Natalia-replacement)

(Diamond) Hayley De Vos Luzio

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till 4/22/12) Steven ?

(Diamond) Charmaine-as of 03/05/12

RH Rhapsody of the Seas -Amit(date TBD)

SR Serenade of the Seas -Francois Roux (till 07/04/12-returning in Sept)-Victor on vacation

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi(till 04/22/12)

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Israel Sanchez(till 06/19/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath-(Ken Boodoo-on vacation till 04/22/12)

(Diamond) -Coumella Arandia

JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid-till April 28th (Jasmin on vacation12/10/11 )

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Oana Popa(till 4/28/12-returning 6/21/12) Carlos Ortiz

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Ricardo Mock till 3/31/12......Allan(Natalia-replacement)

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till 4/22/12) Steven (as of 4/22/12)

(Diamond) Charmaine-till 7/27/12

SR Serenade of the Seas -Francois Roux (till 07/04/12-returning in Sept)-Victor on vacation

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

With Juan Diego going on vacation 4/22, does he have two months of vacation? We're sailing on the RD July 6 and 13 and hope he will be back for those sailings!

Hi Libby, why don't you just email Juan Diego RD_Concierge@rccl.com

If he gives you a date when he will be returning, you can come back and post it here so that the list can be updated.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just returned from Indy. Columella is the diamond concierge until 22nd April and then she is off on holiday. Ken will be back in the concierge lounge and potentially Raj Bhugwath may be covering for Columella (Mel). We are back in May and will miss Mel very much. she is one of the best concierges we have had the pleasure to meet. She is so helpful and kind hearted and a very sweet lady. Luckily she will be back when we are on in August. Raj is very nice too though.

(Diamond)-Dexter Fraser

(Diamond) -Coumella Arandia(till 4/22/12)

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge) Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(till 4/22/12.rtn 6/1/12) Steven (as of 4/22/12)

(Diamond) Charmaine-till 7/27/12

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

Great, that means at least he will be for your b2b.

Just returned from Indy. Columella is the diamond concierge until 22nd April and then she is off on holiday. Ken will be back in the concierge lounge and potentially Raj Bhugwath may be covering for Columella (Mel). We are back in May and will miss Mel very much. she is one of the best concierges we have had the pleasure to meet. She is so helpful and kind hearted and a very sweet lady. Luckily she will be back when we are on in August. Raj is very nice too though.

Thanks all!!:D:D:D

Just returned from a back to back on the Liberty. Nicola is in the Diamond Lounge but she will be leaving the ship after the crossing as she does not speak Spanish. I don't know who is replacing her but she said when she comes back from vacation she is going to either the Allure or the Oasis.

Hiya

We are off on the Indy in a weeks time. Just wondered if there was any feedback on Raj in the CL. I am sure he will be fab but just wondered if anyone just off her.

Just back from Indy. We met Raj a couple of times when we went to the concierge lounge. He seemed very nice. He knows everyone by their first name.