Packing question...

kijjy

Hard to answer since we don't know what you pack for a 3-4 day cruise.

didn't seem too difficult for others to answer the question. it seems you have snide comments on everything i post.

Keep in mind that you can always wear something more than once. You don't have to change clothes three times a day. Someone once said that noone remembers what you wear from the waist down. So take another top that goes with the pants you already have in the bag. EM

• 2 months later...
I don't know if the Voyager has laundry facilities

No. No self-laundry on any Royal Caribbean ship - other than the bathroom sink, which we use frequently. #1 thing we've learned is to avoid cotton and opt for fast dry synthetics when we can. RCI has a laundry service special one day on 7nt cruises where all (small) items you can fit in bag will be washed and folded for $25 or so. For loyalty program members there is often a coupon for a few dollars off this.

Browsing the packing threads because we're doing a 15nt cruise and packing for that will be beyond the normal challenge. Trying really hard to take only one checked bag with a couple max size carry-ons. If I had my way we would take only carry-ons.

I am going on a 15 night TA with my daughter in May, we are doing 5 additional days in Europe. Keeping it to one checked bag. Except for formal outfits everything is washable and wrinkle free. Just found some great pieces at Steinmart called Peck&Peck Weekend, also Chico's has some wonderful travel pieces.

I've been on a 3 night and a 4 night cruise. My next cruise will be a 7 nighter. What additions do I need to make to my packing?

Thanx

I would think that something to "change up" the Formal Night attire (a different blouse, a pretty shawl, etc) could work and maybe one more outfit for shore days if you have more of those. For sea days I'm sure no one will notice if you wear something you've worn before (unless it is REALLY memorable)

I just had the same situation you described. I had a long black dress, black skirt, black heels, black sandals, black pants etc. I had different tops that all matched the black. I would wear the black skirt and a blouse to dinner, then wear the same blouse 2 days later with the pants during a port day etc. Most of the days onboard was in a bathing suit and a sundress. Husband had a similar array of clothes. We tried to pack carefully and thoughtfully and still came home with almost a full suitcase of clothing that had never been worn. THOSE are the clothes I will leave at home next time. I actually made a list of what was worn/dirty and what was clean and unworn for next time!

didn't seem too difficult for others to answer the question. it seems you have snide comments on everything i post.

Sorry, Kijjy, but I didn't think it was a snide comment. If we don't know what you pack now, how can we give a good answer on what else to take?

i

I don't do wash on vacation, unless there was some kind of an emergency. I'm not crazy about wearing something more than once either. It's just not my thing. I'd probably rewear a skirt more than I would a dress, top, or pants. So, depending on what you packed for your 3 or 4 day cruises. I would just add an additional three outfits for dinner. An additional bathing suit for the spa, pool, or beach if you're going to one. An extra pr. of PJs and extra underwear. If you do repeat an outfit, I would add a few different accessories.

You will see many packing lists on Cruise Critic. Keep in mind that what someone "has" to have is trash to others. Make up your own mind as to what you will need. Also, just pack one time. If you go back over your packing, you will keep adding.

Archived